Possible to buy two of every level

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Possible to buy two of every level
Apprentice
Member # 6078
Profile #0
I made a game in which i brought two of every skill before i increased them. You can get to the room behind Learned Pinner, Barzahl, and the guy in Outer Gazak Uss before getting any levels in anything, although Mechanics and Leadership make it much easier. Then you can steal the papers from the Awakened and give them to Barzahl over and over for infinite money, then head to outer Gazak Uss and buy the skills before training them. Saves alot of skill points in the long run.
Then if you power house the game doing Loyalists, Barzites, Awakened then Takers then turn on them, doing as many of their quests as possible, you can finish the game with an extremely powerful character and get the best ending.
Getting through all the areas inbetween Pinner, Barzahl and Outer Gazak Uss isnt as hard as you might think.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #1
Well if you are going to exploit a bug to get infinite money to do that, its not really any different in principle from just using a cheat script to do it, just a bit more time consuming.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Warrior
Member # 5523
Profile #2
I have to agree with walter, if your gonna cheat, you might as well save your self some time and use a script.

--------------------
“Medicine, Law, Business, Engineering - These are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But Poetry, Beauty, Romance, Love-These are what we alive stay for.”
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #3
Do you feel the same by cheating in different ways? Is it the same to you to cheat by exploting save/reload, a bug, a cheat code (shift+d) or using a script? for example, some people feel bad about using a cheat code but are totally fine using a script or exploting save/reload.

I think all forms of cheating are unacceptable unless you are stuck (though I cheat a lot of the times), but if you are going to cheat save yourself some time and do it the easiest way. It's all cheating anyways.

Do you all feel the same way?
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #4
I don't. I have no problem with save/reload - it just allows a player to be somewhat less cautious and can save quite a bit of time. The other kinds of cheating change the game in ways it was not meant to be changed, though, and to me, that kind of defeats the purpose.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #5
I also don't think of Save/Reload as cheating. I often use it to explore different conversation options and courses of action without having to play through the whole game several times to see all of them.

As for the other methods of cheating, exploitation of game mechanics is a grey area, cheat codes are obviously cheating even from their name and Editors simply turn the game into something different, destroying all the challenge of playing it.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #6
Ok Ok, maybe not so much Save/Reload as for the rest of the cheating options. Honestly, some people don't think exploiting a bug is a kind of cheat or using scripts for that matter.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #7
Since this is a single-player game, you could argue that there is no such thing as cheating. You aren't competing against anybody else, so everybody can do whatever makes the game most enjoyable for then. If people were competing against each other, like they do to get into a Hall of Fame in newly released BoE scenarios, then things would be different. But since there is no Hall of Fame here, even editors are fine, if the users don't mind ruining the game for themselves.

--------------------
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #8
One could argue that you are cheating the computer or the game itself. Besides, there is no need to be in a competition in order to be able to cheat. On the other hand, if it wasn't considered cheating, then why are the codes name cheat codes?????? Ahhhh, something to think about. Huh?
Lol, jk
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #9
Oh, the poor computer... It's feelings are hurt every time you type in that cheat code. :P

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6161
Profile #10
I stumble back, dazed at the Save/Reload-is-a-cheat concept. Now I know why I seemed to know everything before it happens!

While Jeff laboured to draw me into a new world, I spoke not out of my will but to get people tell me all they could tell, only to have myself isolated from the shaper society for knowing too much.

Thank you very much for proposing, Marlenny.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #11
Um, yeah. As far as I'm concerned, reloading saved games is only cheating if you're playing a game that's specifically set up to forbid it, such as most roguelikes.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!