Does anyone know how to do this?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Does anyone know how to do this?
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #0
I want a neat glowing Shaper. Is there any way to use Barzhal's image as my own character's image?
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #1
when you use a lot of canisters you do start glowing but not to that extent- Though I am not so savvy as to know how to do what you want to do it could be possible but would probalby take massive amounts of work and very likely involve things that aren't legal.
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #2
quote:

how to do what you want to do it could be possible but would probalby take massive amounts of work

People can use hex editors to make character editors, so why couldn't they alter a single value to change your character's image to that of Barzhal's?

quote:

very likely involve things that aren't legal.

Huh? What is illegal about a mod?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Well, if one could find Barzahl's graphic, one could probably copy it and place it with the number of the PC's graphic in the GF2 data files. I tried to find it and failed, though.

The place to look is in the folder Geneforge 2 Files. On a Mac, open Geneforge 2 Char Graphics with ResEdit or another resource editing program. On a PC, it's probably just a .bmp file. Either way, you have to make a copy of Barzahl's graphic and replace your PC's graphic with it.

However, this is not guaranteed to work and it may screw up your copy of GF2, so back EVERYTHING up before you even attempt it. Also, again, I was not able to find Barzahl's graphic, but I didn't really know what I was looking for.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #4
About the legal that was just a shot in the dark-
But the character images are harder to alter than the memory data, to the best of my knowledge. On PC there is just one common graphic for all the shapers
SO if you want to glow then it probably is somewhere else. You can however just change yourself into a rat or something that is rat when looking one way and a fyora when looking the other. Or almost any other image. But the glowing is something else because its not in with the images. Actually there is only one color of guardian and shaper and all that in the images so if you look and see what gets altered when you alter the color you might be able to find the glowing stuff around there too.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #5
Can't speak for PCers, but on the Mac version, AppleDraw is used to give shading to pods, serviles, creations, etc. (That's why you dont' see a pink Roamer in the graphics files.) The glowing effect is, alas, also a byproduct of AppleDraw.

You could make your own sort of glow, but it wouldn't be easy.

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 3480
Profile Homepage #6
In windows it is done by DirectX I think

--------------------
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
Posts: 169 | Registered: Wednesday, September 24 2003 07:00
Warrior
Member # 4345
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by m's chosen:

when you use a lot of canisters you do start glowing but not to that extent- Though I am not so savvy as to know how to do what you want to do it could be possible but would probalby take massive amounts of work and very likely involve things that aren't legal.
Do you mean VISIBLY glowing? Like the character graphic changes? Or are you referring to when you walk around towns a text box comes up saying how everyone's staring at you and you look at your skin and its glowing.

--------------------
"Damn Scots. They ruined scotland!"-Groundskeeper Willy, the Simpsons
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
No, not visibly glowing.

I suppose one could just modify the character graphic in a paint program and then paste it back into the core files. This might take a fair amount of work, though.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #9
No you do start to visibly glow- slightly at least. Or at least in GF1 you do and I remember it from GF2 as well. So did you figure out a way to do this? I guess that it might be amuzing to go through the game as a glowing fyora, a drakon or the like.
BANNED
Member # 5141
Profile #10
On a Macintosh, changing the graphics of a playable character are simple. Using ResEdit you could take a .pict resource and copy it into a graphic editor. Take a Drayk, change the size (and columns if needed) to the Original Shaper's graphic. Insert into the resource file, delete the shaper resource (or change the resource number) and put the Drayk in it's place. As far as other colored shapers, I don't know. However starting the game with the regular colored shaper graphic would then effectively change your graphic into a Drayk. Simple.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #11
Well, yeah, that part of it is easy, but I was talking about the part when you have to change the pict resource in a paint program to make it glow. That might be somewhat more difficult, especially since there are so many poses for the shaper to be in.

--------------------

BANNED
Member # 5141
Profile #12
Depending on what utensil you are using, that can be very simple too.
Take one colomn, select all the shaper parts (with photoshop or photoshop elements this is easy, use the shift key and the rectangular select tool) and then go to quick fix, and brighten it. Then do the same for the next row, but brighter. If it's really that important to you all, I could have one in oh, 5-10 minutes of any type of work.

EDIT: Actually the problem with that would be that it would only change color when you moved. So, no, there is no easy way for the glow. It would have to be something like........ Wait a minute. If you read through and learn GeneForges script, you could find the call that does the same as the animation steps call in BOA. There has to be one that is used for Barzahl, it could possibly be applied to the character graphic. I would not know where to find the character attributes however, good luck... Thats all I can give.

[ Monday, November 01, 2004 22:17: Message edited by: RavagedSoul ]
Apprentice
Member # 5193
Profile Homepage #13
I don't think you glow if you use tons of canisters but you get werid, or so i'm told ;)

--------------------
Size matters not for the force is my ally and a powerful ally it is-Jedi Master Yoda
my grandpa was a wise man he said John, you can't milk a dead cow