how much $ ?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: how much $ ?
Warrior
Member # 2275
Profile #0
i can't wait for BoA, how much will cost when it comes out? Make sure you include your currency when posting.

--------------------
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. UBB Code Images not permitted.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
I'd guess it will cost $30 just like the other Avernum games. Then again, I have a vague memory of BoE being more expensive than the Exile games when it came out (and it certailny is now). Since Jeff probably knows we'll pay more for BoA than for any of the trilogy games, he may up the price a bit.

—Alorael, who states the prices in USD. He is in the US, Spiderweb is in the US, and the other Spiderweb prices are in USD. It just makes sense to continue the pattern.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #2
I'd agree with $30. BoE was $30, and the rest of the exile games were $25. I doubt there will be the same BoE discount, though, where if you order Boe with another game, you get BoE for $15. Maybe later.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #3
Do you think BoE owners will get a discount on BoA, just as Exile trilogy owners got discounts on the Avernum triology? I think it likely, but I am not sure.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1863
Profile #4
Yeah, a discount sounds likely. I hope so, anyway.

--------------------
Fnord. (Insert your name here) is a capitalist pigdog.
Deus Ex Penguin: God out of the Penguin......Cogito Eggo Sum: I think, waffle I am.
If Voting could change the system, it would be against the law.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #5
I don't think that there should be a discount for registered BoE users - it's not a remake, it's completely new except for three of the scenarios.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #6
Agreed... also I could give a frick less how much it costs. I WANT THIS GAME!! Geez it's gunna great... and I have nothing worth while to do right now while I wait for it! WAAHHHH :(

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
(TGM)
Veteran*
Member # 2286
Profile #7
I though of registering BoE.. It's a long time before BoA coems out.. :(

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
And if you register BoE, you get to play all the great scenarios that have been made already and probably won't be ported to BoA.

—Alorael, who has already given his sales pitch far too many times. You know BoE is a bargain and a great game. Get it.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #9
BUT I honestly don't think it's gunna be THAT long til BOA is released (well lets hope not). And while I do actually prefer the old Exile look (2d topdown), I think BOA has greater potential. And besides, I'm already definatly registering BOA and if I registered BOE now, it would just go to waste in a couple months.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #10
When I emailed Jeff asking about preorders, he said he wouldn't even consider it until May. And he said this would be a year in advance. And knowing computer games, it will take longer to come out. So you still have about 2 years to play BoE. It is definitely worth your while.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
(TGM)
Veteran*
Member # 2286
Profile #11
How much does it cost? Let's see if I have money to register Nethergate with it too.. :)

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Infiltrator
Member # 1823
Profile Homepage #12
See above. $30, or $15 when registered with one of the newer games (I'm not sure which in particular it applies to, but you could always check the website). I think that offer also applies to Nethergate (ie. $15 dollars for Nethergate when registered with another game). Again, check the website for prices, they're all there.

--------------------
Riot Shields
Voodoo Economics
It's just business
Cattle prods
And the IMF

I trust I can rely on your vote
(TGM)
Veteran*
Member # 2286
Profile #13
Ahh, but I'm too lazy.. :P
I hope I'll be able to register both BoE and Nethergate.. Then I have half of the SW games! YAY!

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Shock Trooper
Member # 1863
Profile #14
You get the special deal on BoE and Nethergate if you order them with game(s) from the avernum series.

--------------------
Deus Ex Penguin: God out of the Penguin......Cogito Eggo Sum: I think, waffle I am.
Lifecrafter
Member # 59
Profile #15
I think they changed that to any other game.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #16
Legolas- Wrong. It will be years and years before BoA comes out (Jeff is making Geneforge2 first), and BoE has plenty of versatility as it is. Just get it, I assure you that you will not regret it, and it will be worthwhile for more than "a few months".

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
(TGM)
Veteran*
Member # 2286
Profile #17
I.. must.. get.. some.. money..

Damnit, a poor kid like I am just can't afford buying games when he wants to. Besides, I can't even speak english.. Crap.. :P

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #18
It will not be years and years. It will be about a year and a half.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
====
Shock Trooper
Member # 1863
Profile #19
Wait a minute, fox elf. I'm pretty sure that's wrong. I've heard from many sources (including Jeff himself, If I recall correctly) that Blades of Avernum will be coming out before Geneforge 2.

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #20
No, he's making GF2 first.

--------------------
====
====
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #21
In another topic here, Jeff says that we can expect BoA in perhaps a little bit less than a year and that GF2 will come first.

—Alorael, who would happily wait for twice as long if the glitchiness of BoE could be avoided in BoA.
Shock Trooper
Member # 55
Profile Homepage #22
Everything I've heard says that Geneforge 2 is coming out first.

I wish Blades of Avernum would come out first (I didn't even _like_ Geneforge. :P ), but I guess we're stuck with it. I'd expect BoA to be out in about a year and a half.

- Lord Bob, the Penguin, who owns BoE alone out of the Exiles, and thus hopes to get a discount on _something_, anyway. :P
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #23
Ahh I dislike Genoforge also. Not enough depth for me. And FoxElf, I AM right! Hah... (ugh) it will be a year, so I'll save my money and just get BOA.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!