Philosophical Implementation

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Philosophical Implementation
Shock Trooper
Member # 3368
Profile #25
RoR was fine. The only part that bothered me was the essay at the beginning

--------------------
"Like most of life's problems, this one can be solved with bending"
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #26
RoR is one of the few TM scenarios I bear an active distaste for.

He very much cured that bad feeling with Emerald Mountain.
Apprentice
Member # 4531
Profile #27
The message I got out of RoR was more or less that the only way to argue productively with a postmodernist is by bashing him into submission with a big sword. That and the fact that BoA is an inherently objectivist medium, because your goals and actions are set up beforehand by creator of the scenario who, even if he's a postmodernist, tends to keep the party on a very tight leash, in this case denying the player even the illusion of freedom and meaningful choice.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by Eric-Ihrno:

The message I got out of RoR was more or less that the only way to argue productively with a postmodernist is by bashing him into submission with a big sword.
Hah! I'm almost tempted to put that in my sig.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #29
RoR was ok.... nothing more.

And philosophy can be contained in a BoA scenario, and to prove it, I'm attempting it myself. My scenario is majorily religious and philosophical. You can judge it when it's released.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #30
The point of RoR is to beat the player upside the head out of anger. Basically, RoR is to the comments on NTH what EM is to the inflated scores of the other BoA scenarios-- my entire BoA oeuvre thusfar is all out of spite.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #31
ROR is not mean enough and spiteful enough to show true nihilism or spite. It needs to be truly wicked with tougher fights with the worst sorts of monsters basilisks, demons, corrosive slimes, nearly unbeatable puzzles, riddles which confuse the player and other things which make no sense. I would imagine a nihilistic scenario would have numerous unexplainable encounters, puzzles, and stuff throughout to perplex the player. Also some illogical angry diatribes would help. Paranoid statements which a conspiracy theorist might make. The empire is trying to steal our brains so they use them to make super golems. Stuff like that. Go all out for the next one.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #32
Shut up.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!

Pages