Storage area

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Storage area
Warrior
Member # 3575
Profile #0
I am wondering is there any way to maybe make a scenario of something where we can store items we earn in the game and than come back later after other scenarios to change out items like crystal shields and such.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #1
No.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #2
If you are very clever, you might be able to do it with passwords - generate a password based on the stats of the item. Then, when the player reenters it, remake the item.

Of course, this is crying out for abuse.
Warrior
Member # 250
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by FZ:

If you are very clever, you might be able to do it with passwords - generate a password based on the stats of the item. Then, when the player reenters it, remake the item.

Of course, this is crying out for abuse.

I don't believe that is possible. As far as I can tell items that are to be found in the scenario that aren't core items, must be defined in the scenarios data file, which can't be modified in the actual scenario itself. There also aren't any scripting commands to make item not in the date script or to modify an item on the spot to give it different properties.

The best you can do is to figure out what you want to store, and create a scenario thats just those items in a room waiting to be picked up. This isn't that hard, and any custom items can be replicated perfectly by copying their data out of the scenario's data script it came from and pasting it into yours.
Warrior
Member # 4278
Profile Homepage #4
How about just using TM's Artifact Hall?

--------------------
Pathological Jerk
Jerking at Spiderweb since 1999
Warrior
Member # 3339
Profile #5
Well, I believe the point was not as much for the artifacts that you would like to collect and hold on to but for simple things like crystals, scrolls, wands, and other various things. Even gold.

The suggestion was already put out there. Make a scenario and put the items into it. I created something for BoE that did that, and I'll probably create it for BoA too. I made it fairly complex on the BoE level, and it will be even better on the BoA level with the much more powerful edditor.

However, it can just be something as simple as a giant room with crates to store your items too.

--------------------
Returning again after being away for a very long time.

“Define Reality”
Apprentice
Member # 3191
Profile #6
Based on my (limited) understanding of the way the editor works, and my general programming skills I dont think thats possible.

The actual content of each scenario is static (IE it doesnt change) and that means, each time you load it up, it will load up with the default values. Any storeage if items etc between scanarios will almost certainly have to be external to a written scenario.

If it were possible to change variables from within the scenario without causing issues (usually you need to compile a program before you run) then it might be possible. However I dont think this option exists, since it destabalises the program.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #7
I hate to bust your bubble and some-forth, Robin, but you more-or-less didn't do that in BoE, on account of its being flat-out impossible. The best way to do this would be keeping a "bank" with notepad and extracting when necessary between scenarios by using both the Artifacts Hall and the Character Editor.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00