Za-Khazi Run: Spiraling Crypt: Insane Solutionless Time-Warp Death Trap?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Za-Khazi Run: Spiraling Crypt: Insane Solutionless Time-Warp Death Trap?
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #0
I am in the Spiraling Crypt, just past the poppy fields. Is it supposed to be an insane solutionless time-warp death trap? On the third floor, is there any way to get into that middle space? Every time you go up or down a flight of stairs is the whole floor supposed to reset, bringing back killed monsters and dispelled barriers? Are those stupid corpses that turn into undead when you step by them also supposed to reset and are the monsters they make supposed to have 20 AP and give 20-60 damage a turn?

Help please.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Trigger the undead in combat mode and kill them before they move.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #2
I hated this part.

SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
1. The Super Powerful Undead Traps
They did that much damage to me too, I was lucky to be able to kill them in one hit. And yes they reset.

2. That annoying middle room.
On the second floor, travel to the middle. You will find a section with two doors leading into a small room. Inside that room will be two eye beasts. After you kill them you will find two more doors. These doors, however, can only be opened with a key.

3. The Key
They key you need is being held by a Vahnantai Zombie Keykeeper. He resides in one of the corner rooms of the second floor in the Spiraling Crypt. After you "kill" him, he will teleport to the next corner room. Before you go chasing after him, destroy the crystal pedistal in the corner of the room. If you don't he will be able to teleport back (annoying.) After you "kill" him four times, he will drop the key and you can open the doors in the middle room.

4. Inside the middle room and up the stairs.
You will run into an Alien Blade wielding Vahnantai Zombie Boss. I killed him and got what I needed, but I think you can help him(?) instead. (I couldn't waste time, day 12, damn poppy shroom field.)
After you help or kill him, you can use the boats on the first level.

Hope that wasn't too confusing.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #3
:P You should go for the poppy charm from the Lych. Saves time ...

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #4
don't you need the dragon scroll for Khoth?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
Nah, he'll accept the Melora Opal or the Crystal of Purity as well -- and he gives rewards if you give him more than one thing. Anyway, you can always steal the scroll from Morog if you took the charm.

Or if you're feeling lucky, you could just kill Khoth.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #6
Thanks all. It said the thing looked up and then teleported so I assumed it had teleported up to the next floor. I used cloud of blades on the crypt boss and it was doing 200-300 damage! :eek:

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Warrior
Member # 3905
Profile #7
I didn't want to start a new topic about this, so I thought I'd resurect this one... I've reached Khoth and I apparently have none of the objects he wants (which made me curse out loud and bash my keyboard for a while).

Where can you find the stuff he wants? If you traded the scroll for the poppy charm, is killing Morog the only way of getting it back?
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #8
You have neither the Melora Opal nor the Crystal of Purity? Not good.
If you are reeally strong, you could kill Koth as well, but he is even tougher than Morog.
I would go back and get the Crystal, it's faster. The Crystal is the reward from the banned Vahnatai Crystal Soul, when you deliver his message.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 1555
Profile Homepage #9
If you are really running out of time and you aren't strong enough to kill khoth you could always get a little help from the editor and change the day

--------------------
I'm like a walkin, talkin, ouija board. Speakin in tongues, I've never spoke this speech before Hhem-delle-la, ennich-me-noughh-mi-niche-mick-norr
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #10
I had to change the day to finish... twice.

Singleton + ZKR = Very annoying.

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
Warrior
Member # 4600
Profile #11
how do u acutally get to khoth himself? the ****ing guards are kicking my ass...

--------------------
Life is full with strife, without it there would be no knife, see no movement, rent no rage, keeping the emotions in the cage, hoping to be a sage and release it all in a magical way, then stall to runaway, from the death and decay.
Apprentice
Member # 1555
Profile Homepage #12
You have to take the black Golem/Bird thingy out as soon as possible because I remember that he was quite tricky, use warblessing/haste on your warriors and focus just on him

--------------------
I'm like a walkin, talkin, ouija board. Speakin in tongues, I've never spoke this speech before Hhem-delle-la, ennich-me-noughh-mi-niche-mick-norr
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #13
Insane Solutionless Time-Warp Death Trap? Good Idea...
Maybe now I can punish players who exit combat to pass special encounters... Good dreams
Warrior
Member # 3905
Profile #14
I refuse to use the editor, but I'm only at day 8 and I have some earlier saves as well.
But where can you find the opal - I went to the east of Morog's place, but I could only find a rough opal.
Where is the chrystal soul? I'm hoping it's not the banished undead vahnatai in the middle of the spiraling crypt since I kicked his alien butt.
And can you get the poppy charm without trading with Morog, or can you get the scroll back after trading?

Anyone?

----------

Oh, and Ninjai and benji, ignore the winged thing and attack the statues immediately before they come to life and start fighting back ignoring the winged thing. It seems as if the winged monster can heal itself as long as the other statues/monsters are alive unless you can kill it in one turn. Blast the statues with lightning spray or something, after that dealing with the other monster should be a lot easier than other encounters along the ZKR...

[ Saturday, June 26, 2004 07:10: Message edited by: Dyng ]
Apprentice
Member # 3191
Profile #15
Dyng>>>

Apparently what you can do is go for the poppy charm + info, and then steal the scroll from Morag once youve got that. At least thats what Ive been told (and will try out very soon!)

As for the golems in front of Khoth, I'd try and kill off the demon golem first. The only really difficult thing about that is its irritating healing, which means you have to be able to deal a great deal of damage to it in one shot. Preferably you should kill it off in one turn (bless your fighters and attack). Spells are quite useless against demon golems. The rst of the golems should be easy - Only 3 or so golems are ever active at any one time, so have one character killing them off, and the other character killing the ones that "become alive".
Apprentice
Member # 4564
Profile #16
Actually the demon golem room is ALOT easier than you are all making it out to be.
Do this:
Before you enter, Haste, and warbless your
fighter(s) Send one fighter over to the right to take out the 2 ice, 2 blade and the jeweled golem
Have one fighter stay and take hits, and help destroy the golems on the right.
Use magic on the normal golems and they'll fall really quickly (I used Lightning)

The Demongolem can only heal if other golems are in the room, and can only activate one golem per turn, giving you PLENTY of time to kill the other ones

Hope that made sence

--------------------
Right!
Warrior
Member # 3905
Profile #17
Yup, kill the others first, then tackle the demon golem (the winged thing)... I just blasted the passive statues with lightning and fire. That will make the battle a lot easier.

I found out how you could steal the scroll (had found the cupboard before, but it was empty at the time). But where can I find the opal and the crystal thingy?
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #18
Before you enter the Demon Golem room chuck something at the passive golems. You can take out 5 of them this way, and none of them will attack you but the one you're hitting at the time. Just be sure to stand behind the doorway and to not go through.

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #19
quote:
Originally written by Dyng:

But where can I find the opal and the crystal thingy?
When you found the rough opal, you are on the right way. The Empire Fort is up right (west), just continue and be aware of giant snails.
You would get the Crystal of Purity indeed from the banned Vahnatai. To go for the Crystal would have been easier ... well, next time. :)

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3905
Profile #20
Thanks... Can't believe I missed a whole fort like that. I reloaded an earlier save, tracked down the dragon scroll, beat the crap out of Morog. And I'm dungeon crawling my way to the opal right now... One last question: What are you supposed to do to the undead vahnatai, if you choose not to bash him to pieces, like I did on my last try?
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #21
You must deliver a message to the hidden Vahnatai outpost for him. When you come back, he lets you search for the precious crystal.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 3361
Profile #22
I'm actually having a devil of a time opening the door to the central room on the second floor: my Unlock Doors is only at Level 2, but my spellcaster is very respectable. Still, I've tried dozens of times and my spell won't affect the door. Is there anywhere close I could go to raise my Unlock Doors level?