stuck on ...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: stuck on ...
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #0
Yeah, I 've been quiet for a while, because I stopped visiting due to certain annoying noobies :P . Anyhoo, on to the stuckness.

I'm on DwtD and I am having problems figuring out what to do in some of the caves with undead, is there a link to a walk through or hint page around here for this scenario?

Edit: typo

[ Sunday, April 11, 2004 16:39: Message edited by: Ragnarok Hellcaller ]

--------------------
The Home of 8-bit Theater!

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Warrior
Member # 1373
Profile #1
You could just post what problems your having, if they're specific. There's always someone who can answer your question.

--------------------
"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"
-Douglas Adams
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #2
... this was a useless post, sorry.
((
:o _
(( ((

[ Thursday, April 22, 2004 06:10: Message edited by: spy.there ]

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #3
ok, here are some specifics:

How do I get Maynard to talk about Vahlkos?

How do I get Vahlkos to not attack me as soon as he meets me?

Is there any way past the doors in the spawning pits?

How do I get permission to look at whatever it is Maynard is hiding in his castle? I can see it via Far Sight, but only on the mini-map.

I'll post some more as I think of/encounter them.

--------------------

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

Shock Trooper
Member # 455
Profile #4
The second time you meet V in his castle (keep searching further in), he should be more inclined to chew the fat.

The upshot of that conversation should in turn make Maynard talkative. There may be other ways to do this -- the scenario has a limited amount of elasticity, and I haven't played it more than once (somebody in the restricted access portions of the lower castle wil also aid to this end, though it's not clear whether you've been there or not).

You can find a way into that section of the castle without needing permission. Chat with the scruffier inhabitants of Seleucia. One of them will give you a tip.

If you mean the gates in the NE section of the Spawning Pits, there's nothing worth having beyond them.

EDIT: Note crucial error -- I said NW but meant NE. There is decent stuff in the western half of the SP.

[ Sunday, April 11, 2004 19:43: Message edited by: Boots ]

--------------------
Forgive them, for they are young and rich and white.
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #5
Okay, that answers a few questions, like what is in the castle in the area I can't get to (stairs), and my questions about Vahlkos.

I have scouted the area before (via the secret passage) but I haven't been able to find a way to the stairs without being spotted by a guard. I'm going to have to assume that I need to beat Vahlkos to a bloodless pulp before I can talk to him a second time; and that after I speak to Maynard about the encounter, I will be allowed to search the castle without having to sneak around guards.

Also, the lost husband and the lost Apprentice mage. Are they in V's castle as well, or will I have to go look elsewhere?

--------------------

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

Shock Trooper
Member # 455
Profile #6
Stupid error of mine in previous post now corrected.

One of the people whom you name is in the castle. One is elsewhere. At least one thread somewhere on this board gives details.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 4186
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Ragnarok Hellcaller:

Yeah, I 've been quiet for a while, because I stopped visiting due to certain annoying noobies :P .
Thanks for this kind welcome in the forum :D .
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Vent:

Thanks for this kind welcome in the forum :D .
Don't worry, it wasn't you. In fact, I haven't seen any signs of Flaming Blade since returned to this site.

[ Monday, April 12, 2004 05:56: Message edited by: Ragnarok Hellcaller ]

--------------------

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

Warrior
Member # 4204
Profile #9
He may be gone, but his spirit lives on...

--------------------
What really went on there, we only have this excerpt...
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #10
In V's Castle, there are several doors that require using the unlock spell to get at them. My spell doesn't seem to be a high enough level. I've gotten it as high as this scenario sells the spell. Do I have to find some scrolls or something, or is there a place where I can get it up above level 3?

--------------------

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

Shock Trooper
Member # 455
Profile #11
Go through the doors you can open. They'll ultimately channel you around "behind" the doors you cannot open (not the best way to force players into a combat gauntlet, but there you go). If I remember right, nothing in that level of the castle that is crucial to the plot lies behind magical doors.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 4160
Profile #12
If you see Strength or Pick Difficulty 200, it *generally* means one of two things

1 you need a special key
2 you need to find a hidden door that goes "Behind" that door. Hope that helps.

Some places, i would like to note, ive had no luck at all in trying to enter restricted areas, such as the center room in the top of the spiraling crypt in ZKR.
Warrior
Member # 4186
Profile #13
quote:
Originally written by Errant:

...Some places, i would like to note, ive had no luck at all in trying to enter restricted areas, such as the center room in the top of the spiraling crypt in ZKR.
I think there's in fact like a minor bug there, don't worry to not be able remove the magical lock with your spell as it seems required. In fact you just need to get the the right key.

BUT (I haven't checked so I'm not sure) you perhaps also need to achieve another goal at top but not center part.

[ Tuesday, April 13, 2004 11:35: Message edited by: Vent ]
Apprentice
Member # 254
Profile Homepage #14
wait a second....he wouldn't talk to me the second time i met him...he just tried to freeze me with a crystal and i had to beat him to a bloody pulp again! did i mess up the plot? ahh!
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #15
If you talk about Vahkos: as far I remember, he disappears twice before you can talk to him the third time.

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Apprentice
Member # 3618
Profile #16
Yes, it's the third time you meet him that he talks.

The husband is in the first level of V's castle; the girlfriend is in the last level of V's castle; the mage is outdoors in the underground. Just poke around a little and you'll find them.
Apprentice
Member # 1774
Profile #17
Sorry, I still don't get it. I must have fought V at least twice (because I do remember the blue insta-fridge crystal), went back to Maynard, who said that now I should know something about a crystal that allowed me to get past the magical barrier in the cave level below V's castle. However, I've cleaned out that level before, not meeting anything special. In the upper level, I can't find anything where I could do something to a blue crystal. But the magic barrier in the SW of the cave level is still there. What did I miss?

Sorry for not being more precise. I've run around for far too long to remember how often I killed V.
Apprentice
Member # 1555
Profile Homepage #18
The crystal you are talking about is located in the upperclass part of the city and you have to go up some stairs first, then all should be clear to you

--------------------
I'm like a walkin, talkin, ouija board. Speakin in tongues, I've never spoke this speech before Hhem-delle-la, ennich-me-noughh-mi-niche-mick-norr
Apprentice
Member # 1774
Profile #19
Thanks!
Apprentice
Member # 4397
Profile #20
ok, i've been around as far as i can go.. and i still can't get into vahlkos' place.
Warrior
Member # 4631
Profile #21
For that you need a key... go back and have a chat with Lord Maynard.

--------------------
"'I saw the duckling hatch and disappear.
Sadly I ask who may have taken it.'"