Really Minor Bugs

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Really Minor Bugs
Warrior
Member # 278
Profile #25
There's also an odd problem that when two monsters are next to one another its hard to target both of them with a spell even if you type in the letters. Often typing "a" targets the creature and typing "b" untargets it, rather than targeting its mate.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #26
That generally only happens when the monsters are on top of each other (ie on the same space), and you just have to grin and bear it.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 4258
Profile #27
I've found a couple more...

You can search/use objects that are within your vision but should be out of reach. Example: your group is blocked by a portcullis but can see the turn wheel behind it that opens it. Click on look, then click on the window borders to get the wheel near the center of your view, then click on the wheel and you'll be able to open the gate.

Also, this might not necessarily be a bug... but the Arcane Summon spell is able to summon vampires. This might not sound so bad until you realize that vampires have the ability to cast more Arcane Summon spells, which of course has the possiblity of summoning even more vampires, which will have the possibility of summoning even more vampires, which will have the possibility of summoning even more vampires, etc...
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #28
I, too, noticed the problem that Wanderer is talking about. It is not due to monsters being on the same space, although that might have the same effect. It occurs when one monster is on a hill next to another monster, so that it is directly behind the monster. You can see both letters (say, a and b), but pressing one will check only the top one (so pressing a marks a, and pressing b marks a, and pressing one and then the other marks and then unmarks a).

This has annoyed me all throughout the Avernum series, but since it has been present since A1, my guess is that it's built into the Avernum engine and there's not much that Jeff can do about it.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #29
He could probably remove the dependence on mouse clicks for selecting things, don't ya think? (At least I assume the difficulties selecting like that are because typing the letter simply sends a mouse-click event for the center of the letter. But maybe it doesn't.)

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Warrior
Member # 4186
Profile #30
About the lockpick bug that break even when you don't have one. Ok when reading the editor documentation I realized that lockpick add skill bonus based on strength so a lockpick +0 still gives this bonus.

That doesn't mean it is required so you can use no lockpick. No bug about that as I suggested but the problem of one breaking even if the party has none.

That said, I'm not sure that it is well managed in order to select the char that will pick the lock and detect if he has enough high skill.

Also, one of my character with high tool skill carry lockpick but most often need none for the door level but still use one and break sometimes a lockpick.

Also I remember that (not 100% sure) :
At least once, this char had +0 lockpick with strength of 8 or better, had 18 tool skills and couldn't open a level 20 door (despite 18+8=26>20). I had to give to this char lockpick+2 (carried by another char to not waste them) in order to open the door.
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #31
No, the bonus is the ability strength - not the character's strength. A +0 lockpick has an ability strength of 0. The behavior you describe in that last paragraph is correct.
Warrior
Member # 4186
Profile #32
LOL :D I hate english! :rolleyes: So I really don't understand what is the use of +0 lockpicks if they don't give bonus and aren't required. They aren't required for doors but other stuff? Well.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #33
You get a penalty if you have no lockpicks. I don't know how much the penalty is, but if you are trying to open a door at the same level as your skill level, you cannot open it. It has to be a certain amount below.

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
Warrior
Member # 4186
Profile #34
I just played a bit without lockpick and woo I quoted a penalty of 6 if not 50%.

Pages