Script question

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Script question
Warrior
Member # 3946
Profile Homepage #0
i practically know nothing about scripts, but i have a question on if this will work...

i'm going to make a scenario, it's supposed to be a non-magical, non-projectile, single player scenario, that's complicated in itself, even so, that can be done by the player, by having one player and not being a mage, and you won't find missles in my scenario, but now onto my question...

At the beginning of my scenario, i was gonna have a window pop up, and it will say "choose your warrior's class"
option 1. knight
option 2. samurai
option 3. fighter

and what these classes will do is give you different items depending on their class

knights will have iron rapiers: 2-10D + 1-5x swords and strength. spec. parry + 2, and iron chain mails

samurais will have katanas: 4-20D + 1-8x swords and strength. spec. 10% protection from all damage, also they will have robes

fighters will have iron greatswords: 2-14D + 1-7 x swords and strength, and iron plates

i just wanted to know if this would be possible at the begining of my scenario...
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #1
I know nothing BOA scripts, but this sounds possible to me. It will most definitly be a pain to make, but should work.

Side note: Knights and Samurai are essentially the same... but that doesn't make a difference.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #2
I know nothing BOA scripts, but this sounds possible to me. It will most definitly be a pain to make, but should work.

Side note: Knights and Samurai are essentially the same... but that doesn't make a difference.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #3

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Shock Trooper
Member # 455
Profile #4
I also cannot speak to BoA scripts, but I can say that BoE players are by now accustomed to using prefabricated singleton parties provided by a scenario designer (in separate save files alongside the .exs), so you wouldn't necessarily have to accomplish this within the scenario program itself. Of course, having to design and distribute six individual party files (Mac and PC versions of each class) might get a bit ungainly.

--------------------
Forgive them, for they are young and rich and white.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #5
It's possible, but not necessarily a good idea.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 3946
Profile Homepage #6
alright :( anyway, knights and samurai aren't the same. i could argue, but itd be spam, etc. anyway, the scenario is supposed to be a guts n' glory type, i am also thinking of a comical scenario to. but i'll never know my limits till i get the game...
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #7
It would actually be better to change the party depending on their actions instead of just one blunt dialogue at the beginning. Okay, three sects you can join is a cliché, but it works. :P

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #8
Rather than editing their stats, you could set a flag so that in certain situations the game responds differently based on the value of that flag. Then you wouldn't have to deal with all the scripting. The problem will be in forcing them to use the weapons you gave them.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Shock Trooper
Member # 2300
Profile #9
I assume there'd be a way of stripping the party of its inventory, like the Three Crones do in Nethergate (for the Celts)? You could then give them the inventory you wanted them to have to use, and return their original inventory at the end of the scenario.

--------------------
Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." - Soviet infantry manual, 1930's
Posts: 267 | Registered: Wednesday, November 27 2002 08:00
BoE Posse
Member # 112
Profile #10
The basic technique is kill 'em, ressurect 'em.

--------------------
Rate my scenarios!

Areni
Revenge
To Live in Fear
Deadly Goblins
Ugantan Nightmare
Isle of Boredom
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #11
IIRC, there's a simpler way in BoA.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00