Player fighting?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Player fighting?
Warrior
Member # 3946
Profile Homepage #0
I'm not sure about anyone else, but during the original exile series, i had fun frying my mages with exploding arrows and zapping my warriors with fireblasts, but you never could get down to the nitty gritty, a fight between your characters. and even so, avernum almost has it safeguarded... my question, can you make an arena in boa to have your characters fight each other? that'd be awesome:)
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Probably. Scripts should let you bypass resistance and force one character to become charmed. That character will happily batter another character of your choice.

—Alorael, who noticed in the Avernum games that such charmed characters also have an unhealthy tendency to waste AP by using items that really don't help, like maps.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3946
Profile Homepage #2
i noticed it to... since i can't smite my comrades, i have sometimes created single player games, and during one... as a noob... he fought gremlins, and was constantly opening the map of the place i was at... charming does work... but it's your character vs the cpu with your character, and the real fun, my high level games, can't be confused... even sulfras can't touch them... -_-
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #3
This does seem like a good idea, but plot wise, would you really walk around and trust your life to someone you don't get along with? Especially if he/she was a cleric and you needed healing...

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Warrior
Member # 3946
Profile Homepage #4
like a tournament for fun or something... i don't know, there's always an exception that leads to a forces alliance from normal enemies of that sort, besides, they're all controled by us, it doesn't have to make sensee :-D
Shock Trooper
Member # 3862
Profile #5
SPOILER
I you wanted your own character to fight you then Rentar Ihrno can usually put up quite a fight and almost always charms one of my characters in the last battle. Of course she can get everybody and they end up running around for bout 5 minutes and that gets annoying after a while.

--------------------
Legends tell that Avernum,
Is a gateway to the underworld,
from which the dead never return,
Well thats a lie because im here now aren't I.
--------------------------------
"Never get into a fight with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Warrior
Member # 3946
Profile Homepage #6
that reminds me of my first day with a:2... got stuck for hours on gazers in the honeycomb... i had to restart my cpu to play, lol.
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #7
That sort of thing makes you wanna destroy the universe, especially if you play as a singleton.

--------------------
33111-CRUSADER-4849
Warrior
Member # 3946
Profile Homepage #8
that was the case
Shock Trooper
Member # 3801
Profile Homepage #9
In A3 whenever my characters got charmed all they did was eat skribbane and run around like idiots :rolleyes:

--------------------
Never regret anything, because it was meant to happen.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
I found that giving characters maps, dice, or other items that can be used but that have no real effect drastically reduced the dangers of charming. The AI seems to love using items no matter how little good the items actually do.

—Alorael, who first discovered this while fighting the Crystal Souls under Tinraya. He did find pressing enter repeatedly slightly annoying, but it beat having his fighter mauling his casters.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3946
Profile Homepage #11
which only proves my point, you click for both, thats the fighting we want, or you'll be killed via dice... sad sad sad.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #12
They love using items probably because that way you'll lose your precious wands and scrolls for useless purposes. Or are supposed to anyway. I don't know; is there anyone here who actually uses Wands and Scrolls (and I mean regularly, not just because 'I happen to have this scroll thingy and my inventory's stuffed and I can't do anything else this round')?

Oh, and you can't fight a charmed PC. Rather annoying. When the charmed Mage hits my Swordfighter with his puny dagger, I just want to be able to cut him to pieces! :D

[ Monday, February 16, 2004 07:51: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Warrior
Member # 3946
Profile Homepage #13
so i guess, unless jeff sees the post, we are forced to fight bad people instead of each other...
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #14
Even if Jeff sees it, it won't be implemented.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #15
Would it be possible to kill the character, then create a hostile monster with the same graphic, same stats, and same items as that character?

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3946
Profile Homepage #16
fiddlesticks... well, you'll be able to create enemies... at any real strength you need... sooooooooooo, *sighs*
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by wizardr6:

Would it be possible to kill the character, then create a hostile monster with the same graphic, same stats, and same items as that character?
No.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00