Exodus Help

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Exodus Help
Warrior
Member # 4599
Profile #0
I do not believe this has happened before, at the very least I am unable to locate a topic where someone said they had the same problem. I just found Exodus and was very excited by the way, but now I cannot play. Why you ask?

As soon as Legare (sp?) parts that river, and you are asked to hold off the attacking army, I get an unhandled exception message.

Unhandled exception: c0000005
At address: 004492268

After this, I am forced to exit out of the Blades program. Numerous attempts have met no better end. Any ideas?

(Computer knowledge is limited, so I can't even guess)

--------------------
"Yeah-- you're right. You christians are far too persecuted nowadays. I mean it. We really should stop feeding you to the lions." --TM

"Ancient Blessings" My unfinished (and likely to remain that way) BoA scenario.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
Unfortunately, these unhandled exceptions are very difficult for designers to track down and may even be Blades of Avernum bugs themselves as they are PC specific.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
Get a Mac? :P

These errors are annoying as all getout, and very hard for designers to track down. Thanks for reporting it, though.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
Originally by Thuryl:

quote:
These errors are annoying as all getout, and very hard for designers to track down.
They don't even have the decency to appear in the same spot for all PC users. If they were predictable, they'd be easier to fix or at least to work around.

Anyway, hold onto your buggy save file. Kelandon is planning to take another look at Exodus soon.

If you want to work around the Unhandled Exception, back up the file t2Riverbank. If you get the crash after moving into the new town, try replacing move_to_new_town(0,14,23); with move_to_new_town(3,11,13); If it crashes just after Kass speaks, find where he talks and insert move_to_new_town(0,14,23); right after run_dialog(1);

Dikiyoba can't guarantee that it'll work, but it might.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #4
Then there's the question of whether or not you have the most recent version of BoA. If you don't, then Exodus is definitely going to make your computer cry.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Warrior
Member # 4599
Profile #5
Thank you all for your help, but before I even thought to come back here I simply restarted my game and everything works fine. Well, not everything. I have encountered a number of problems but nothing that has forced me to stop playing. Oh, and I do have the latest version of BoA.

Thanks again.

--------------------
"Yeah-- you're right. You christians are far too persecuted nowadays. I mean it. We really should stop feeding you to the lions." --TM

Apprentice
Member # 3262
Profile #6
I had this same problem when I got to the River Parting Scene in Exodus. I got the Handling Exception Error EVERY time that cut-scene ended. As mentioned in the Read-me files for the game, there is a problem handling really high level parties. I restarted the game with a lower level party and the problem went away. This occurs early enough in the game that starting over is not really a big deal. I’ve seen a similar problem in other scenarios where you periodically see a message in the bottom box that says the party level is too high and has been re-set. The game usually moves on from that point though.

Hope this helps. :)
Warrior
Member # 4599
Profile #7
I encountered that to high stat error as well, but I know it was mentioned in the hints file, and was not very worried. It's the other problems I have come across that seem odd. None of them make sense, but like I said, they don't force me to quit.

I hope these bugs are worked out in a later version, I would hate to see such work of art plagued by bugs the rest of its life.

EDIT: Probably the most interesting was when Pithoss was transformed into a question mark. I wish I could do that.

[ Thursday, December 28, 2006 08:32: Message edited by: Commodore Redmark ]

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 43
Profile #8
So--anyone have a suggestion on how to work around that unhandled exception error when it takes place right after the fight when Legare buys the farm?

It gets to the point at which the party is supposed to be transported back to camp & then crashes w/ the unhandled exception. I'm way too far to start over ...

On an unrelated point ... for some reason, some of those special spells are not showing up in my special spell books. Specifically: filth, capture soul, recall soul, quickfire, and major haste. (All the others are dutifully showing up in their appropriate spellbooks.)
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
Ooh, I got hit by that one too. You have a save game before the fight, right?

Go into the advanced features of the character editor and set SDF (44,7) to 1. Then leave the tower and reenter the slith camp. You should be able to move on normally from there.

Dikiyoba.
Warrior
Member # 43
Profile #10
Thanks! That did the trick (and I've now finished the scenario).

So, any clue why those spells didn't show, even though I did find them and get a message they'd been learned?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Commodore Redmark:

I hope these bugs are worked out in a later version
These bugs will not get worked out unless you report them to me. Send me an e-mail explaining exactly what happened that appeared buggy and how you made it happen. If possible, include a save file from right before the bug occurs and tell me your operating system.

Unless you tell me that you've encountered a bug, I have no way of knowing.

As for your specific situation, you're reporting bugs that, in most cases, I've not heard about from anyone yet. Please send me a save file that allows me to reproduce these errors, because otherwise I am helpless to do anything about them.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00