Stuck in Exodus

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Stuck in Exodus
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #25
Do whatever it is that Kass tells you to do when you ask him, "What am I supposed to do now?" If you think you're doing that, post what his response to that question is.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6511
Profile #26
I've done the rest in tent thing and I did get a dialogue with big green monster. I went to Kass and told him what I found in the lava lizard cave, he said something, but I accidentally doubleclicked and skipped it. Now when I ask him 'What am I supposed to do now?' he says - 'The Prophet and I have discussed, but we are at a loss. Did you find anything in the lava lizard cave that might help determine where to look next?'. I have the crystal key, but I don't know what to do with it.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #27
Then he's at a loss. You should tell him what you found. :P

If you have the option, "I read a note about a lab in the east. (Tell him about it.)", then choose it. If not, you have to go back to the Lava Lizard Cave, go to the second level, and read the note in the desk in the southwest part of the town.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #28
Ooh, another bug I just remembered. The Mandrake deposit just west of the dragon Velthrowhatsit's lair checks the party's Luck instead of Nature Lore.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #29
quote:
Originally written by Perpetual Motion:

Ooh, another bug I just remembered. The Mandrake deposit just west of the dragon Velthrowhatsit's lair checks the party's Luck instead of Nature Lore.
Not necessarily a bug. You're lucky enough to recognise the Mandrake. Completely viable.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #30
I like Gizmo's way of thinking. :P

I hope you mean that Mandrake near Thanopolen (which isn't particularly near Velthkhogroz), because that Mandrake does accidentally check Luck instead of Nature Lore, and if there's another place nearer to Velthkhogroz, I couldn't find it.

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 6511
Profile #31
Thank you, Kel. I was pulling my hair out in frustration. I found the note and now I'm off to the lab.
Warrior
Member # 5854
Profile #32
OK, I'm probably being idiotic, but I got through the black land and up to the beach across from the west bank camp. Problem is, my boat is still down below the waterfalls! what did I do wrong?

[ Monday, December 18, 2006 20:02: Message edited by: rivka ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #33
Did you go through the Frost Lizard Lair? If so, you may have an item that could come in handy in getting across that river.

An item that will become a special spell as soon as I get around to it.

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #34
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Did you go through the Frost Lizard Lair? If so, you may have an item that could come in handy in getting across that river.

An item that will become a special spell as soon as I get around to it.

IMAGE(http://www.pinpeddlers.com/images/tuit.jpg)

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 7347
Profile #35
I'm stuck at Fort Alora. How do I get the laser beams to power the door? The walkthrough says there's a secret passage behind the laser puzzle. I've pushed all the walls and used Move Mountains but can't find this passage.

Shanti
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #36
The secret passage is in the far southwest corner. You first have to remove the beam that's blocking it off by deflecting the northern beam to destroy the beam projector. This also gets you access to the second mirror which you need in order to reach the power source that you need to turn on.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 7347
Profile #37
Ok, thanks. I found the passage, but now I don't know where to position the second mirror to power the door.

Shanti

[ Wednesday, December 20, 2006 03:56: Message edited by: Shanti ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #38
Place the second mirror at (19,41).

I just noticed that the walkthrough is not of very much use at this point. Sorry about that. :P Another thing to fix for v1.0.1.

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 7347
Profile #39
Thank you !!! :) But I'm in trouble again :confused:

I got the door opened, turned the wheel to the highest position, exited through the North gates, and went back to the camp, but Kass has nothing new to say to me. Is there anything else to be done in Alora Fort before I can get a new task?

[ Wednesday, December 20, 2006 10:08: Message edited by: Shanti ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #40
Did you actually find the Peninsula? It's a town that you have to enter. Note that the message you received when you saw the Peninsula said, "At least, it looks perfect from a distance: a peninsula just to the southwest. You have to inspect it up close before you can be sure, though," and the walkthrough says "Proceed south down the waterfalls until you hit the peninsula. Enter the peninsula town, and then head northwest."

Fortunately, you can just go back through Alora if you have to. The gates should stay open.

[ Wednesday, December 20, 2006 16:53: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------

Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #41
While we're on bug fixes, I ran into one right here.

Upon reentering Fort Alora one of the north gate door terrains was one square north from where it should be.

I'll PM you everything else I found.

Your box is full so I emailed it.

I wanted to ask, too, since it's not explained anywhere else that I could find, how do you calculate the chances of whether or not a monster summoned by your special spells will be friendly or hostile? The description of the spell didn't say anything about a failure rate so I don't know if it's a bug or not.

[ Wednesday, December 20, 2006 19:16: Message edited by: Jewels ]

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Apprentice
Member # 7347
Profile #42
thank you!! I feel so stupid. I entered Fort Alora without actually entering Peninsula town first by getting off the boat on non-peninsula part of the shore.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #43
quote:
Originally written by Jewels:

I wanted to ask, too, since it's not explained anywhere else that I could find, how do you calculate the chances of whether or not a monster summoned by your special spells will be friendly or hostile? The description of the spell didn't say anything about a failure rate so I don't know if it's a bug or not.
It is a bug, but one that I've never been able to isolate. I've only reproduced it by accident once or twice.

Eh, this is one other thing that I will take a look at while I'm fixing things up for v.1.0.1 (which will happen whenever my computer gets fixed).

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 7840
Profile Homepage #44
Hey guys..hats off to all comments posted in this thrd. all together they turned out to be better than the walkthru.

One MAJOR thing. After finishing the scenario...

The GOblin Cloak - turns into a Bitter loss scroll

Rakshasha cloak - turns into a Withering scroll...

HELP!!!! Can i include these 2 items in the BOA engine?
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #45
Another bug: In the dark room with the golems under the temple of Sothana, the trap tiles act funky. Nothing happens to the PC that triggers the trap and other PC's occasionally die, regardless of their locations.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #46
Always thought that was odd.

Another bug, assuming nobody already mentioned it: in the Temple of Sothana, I got a message like "Error: Town Wandering Monster Out of Range". Something like that, anyway.

EDIT: Oh, and I summoned Phaedra with Summon Shade. Thought you should know.

[ Monday, January 01, 2007 19:55: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #47
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

Another bug, assuming nobody already mentioned it: in the Temple of Sothana, I got a message like "Error: Town Wandering Monster Out of Range". Something like that, anyway.
A problem similar to this (but outdoors, I think) was reported in beta, and I had absolutely no success tracking it down. I will try to isolate this, but if anyone knows offhand what's causing it, please speak up.

A couple of these other bugs seem to be caused by item and creature numbers. I will do my best, but my solutions may be more hacks than fixes.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #48
quote:
Oh, and I summoned Phaedra with Summon Shade.
That's not a bug, it's a feature!
IMAGE(http://hallsofchaos.forinti.com/misc/army.png)
And besides, summon shade is so broken that there's no way to escape having it summon some things it's not supposed to.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #49
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

It is a bug, but one that I've never been able to isolate. I've only reproduced it by accident once or twice.

I liked to use this spell, so I encountered it often. Usually, I'd summon 3 or so friendly monsters first and then get hostile ones. Then whenever I tried to place a monster right next to a blue demon it would be hostile no matter how many others were around.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley

Pages