Best HLPM

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Best HLPM
Apprentice
Member # 6361
Profile #0
What is the best? A link would be delightfully convinient!

--------------------
You must be willing to protect yourself, and what you cherish, no matter what the cost...
-Murtagh
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king...
-Anonymous

Giants like Karkus- overload 'em with informationan' they'll kill yeh jus' to simplify things.
-Rubius Hagrid
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
http://home.sanbrunocable.com/~tommywatts03/hlpm.html

Kelandon's HLPM is the only HLPM you need.

As far as I know, it's also the only HLPM that exists.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #2
Which naturally makes it the best HLPM there is, ya think?

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
It is currently intended to be used in conjunction with TM's Artifacts Hall, so be sure to get that, too.

A new version of the HLPM is coming sometime around Christmas with a few minor updates and clarifications.

[ Friday, November 17, 2006 21:07: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6361
Profile #4
Wow. Incredible! When I "playing" it i couldn't help being reminded of the Mac OS. So simple and self explanitory! Brilliant. Simply incredible!

--------------------
You must be willing to protect yourself, and what you cherish, no matter what the cost...
-Murtagh
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king...
-Anonymous

Giants like Karkus- overload 'em with informationan' they'll kill yeh jus' to simplify things.
-Rubius Hagrid
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Pythras:

Wow. Incredible! When I "playing" it i couldn't help being reminded of the Mac OS. So simple and self explanitory! Brilliant. Simply incredible!
Thanks! Glad you like it.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #6
Agreed. The HLPM is great, Kel.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #7
To HLPM!

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
By the way, I still take requests with the HLPM. The next update (which will happen whenever I get around to it, which is probably at winter break) will have an additional feature by request, and I'll update the Library and the readme.

If anyone has an bright ideas about other things that ought to be included, feel free to mention them. At this point, it's likely that just about everything possible has come up and either been implemented or been ruled out as impossible, but who knows.

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #9
Hey Kel, I asked you this a long time ago, but I don't remember what you said about it. Could you split up the party so that only one or two members are taken out? Would change the Arena feature a little bit.

Also, to make the God Arrows/Bolts marginally more broken, you could just make the count equal to zero. That way they'd never run out. (Yeah, I'm lame.)

--------------------

-Lenar

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Nemesis:

Hey Kel, I asked you this a long time ago, but I don't remember what you said about it. Could you split up the party so that only one or two members are taken out? Would change the Arena feature a little bit.
As far as I can tell, the only command for splitting up the party splits off one member by himself. If you think it would be interesting to be able to split off a single party member by himself for a combat, I can put in that feature, too.

As far as the arrows, yeah, will do. Or something to that effect. And much the same with the potions, I think.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #11
The ability to purchase skills in the shopping area would be nice. If you have a lot of extra gold, you can make an investment in your skills, rather than lugging around a massive purse.

Also, how about a God Necklace?

EDIT: And a potion of Incredible Restoration, which grants +10000 HP and SP, and cures all illness.

[ Monday, November 20, 2006 07:18: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers Meet
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #12
Hmm. Can do.

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #13
<kissup>
Haha… Kel, has anyone ever told you that you rock?
</kissup>

--------------------

-Lenar

Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #14
Maybe an item-maker? Like in Terror's Martyr's scenario? As in, you go through a series of options that determine what item you get and what it does? Please?

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by -X-:

Like in Terror's Martyr's scenario?
This is one of the least descriptive ways of referring to a scenario that I can think of. :P I'm assuming you mean Echoes: Renegade, because that's his only BoA scenario that I haven't played yet.

But anyway, custom items are pretty much out. The Artifacts Hall does everything you could need with custom items.

Besides, if you really want to describe the characteristics of an item and then get that item, use the scenario editor. It's really easy to create a simple item, plop it in a basic scenario (nothing more than Warrior's Grove), and then pick it up.

Nemesis: No, not usually. Usually people tell me that I totally suck, and then they ask me to do something. :rolleyes:

[ Tuesday, November 21, 2006 11:05: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #16
By Kel:
quote:
Besides, if you really want to describe the characteristics of an item and then get that item, use the scenario editor. It's really easy to create a simple item, plop it in a basic scenario (nothing more than Warrior's Grove), and then pick it up.
Note you could say the same thing about the HLPM itself. It's really not that hard to alter your stats with the Character Editor, and you can always make a simple scenario to increase your levels. :P

If you have the time and are able to stumble across an intuitive way of creating items, I say do it.

--------------------
The minute you look at a screen, you become an idiot. Code accordingly.
- Prof
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

I've never actually tried that in BoA, but I do it in NwN all the time.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by -X-:

Maybe an item-maker? Like in Terror's Martyr's scenario? As in, you go through a series of options that determine what item you get and what it does? Please?
-X-, I think in E:R, what TM did was just design an item for each of the possible combinations, then give you the one that you described best. I'm not sure making a completely custom item module, like I think you're talking about, would even be possible for this game. But, like Kel said, making your own custom items and sticking them in a basic scenario for prompt pickup is easy enough. Just know that there are still limitations to what you can do with custom items, as far as taking them from one scenario to another.

quote:

Nemesis: No, not usually. Usually people tell me that I totally suck, and then they ask me to do something. :rolleyes:
<more kissuppiness>
Okay then, you rock. Now you've been told.
</more kissuppiness>

--------------------

-Lenar

Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #19
I prefer just using my own homebrew HLPM, thanks.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

If you have the time and are able to stumble across an intuitive way of creating items, I say do it.
The limitation on this is that there are no calls affecting items once the custom objects script is loaded at the very beginning of the scenario. Thus, any item that I could give in the HLPM would have to be pre-scripted. There's no way to take player input and generate a new item on the fly from it. TM must have done what Nemesis said.
quote:
Originally written by The Mystic:

Out of curiosity, what is yours like? How is it different?

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #21
quote:

quote:

Out of curiosity, what is yours like? How is it different?

It's basically a port of the homebrew HLPM I created for BoE (which no one's seen either). And no, I don't have any plans to release it, especially because it's also somewhat incomplete.

My HLPM is different mostly in appearance than anything else. It's set up as a small town (I called the town "HLPM"; please excuse my unforgivable lack of imagination). There are shops where you can buy mage & priest spells; alchemy recipes and ingredients; a bunch of custom items I made and use; and various good items included in the basic set. All shops sell everything at a steep discount.

Identification is either free of costs 1 gold (I forget which). Also, there are levers you can pull, which give you gold, food or skill points (I don't give away free experience).

The BoE version also had a random item shop, and a person you could talk to for training. These were removed in the BoA version because I don't know how to set up random shops in BoA, and training your PCs is easier in BoA.

I was also planning to give players the ability to go out of town (since you have to have an outdoor section anyway when you create the scenario) and kill stuff if they wanted.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #22
quote:

The BoE version also had a random item shop, and a person you could talk to for training. These were removed in the BoA version because I don't know how to set up random shops in BoA, and training your PCs is easier in BoA.
add_item_to_shop(shop_num,get(ran(x,y,z),quan);

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty