BUGS!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: BUGS!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #25
Great! This will make making that specific dungeon I'm making now a lot easier. thanks for being curious, Kelandon.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #26
Perhaps I'm a bit slow, but is this the total number of creatures that were placed in the town using the editor, the total of all creatures alive in the town at the time, or what?

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #27
It's the maximum number of creatures in any town. I refer you to the docs, Chapter 2.8, under the heading, "How Characters Are Identified."

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #28
Ok, I get it then.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #29
As far as I can tell, the default Eyebeast graphic has its icons in the wrong order. This means that the creature will appear to be facing south when it's actually facing north in the editor, east when west, west when south, and north when east.

[ Monday, February 20, 2006 16:43: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #30
Yes, you're right. the icon has been swapped indeed. Strange though that I never noticed it.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #31
Not sure if this is a bug, or just being stupid.

Don't copy corescendata.txt into scenariodata.txt and expect either the 3d editor or game to work. The game immediately goes into Unhandled exception mode when the scenario is opened, and the editor shows very few graphics before shutting down.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #32
Um, why would you do that anyway?

--------------------

? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #33
I needed to switch around some terrains and floors and since it was a new scenario I decided to just copy to data file and make edits before deleting most of it.

It was not what I should have done.

Next time I'll just copy VoDTdata...

--------------------
quote:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #34
In corescendata: floors 85 and 86 have fl_ed_which_icon reversed. Floor 85 should have icon 7, and floor 86 should have icon 6.

--------------------

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #35
*revives*

The asp's graphic (1551) is also out of order, although in a different way from the eyebeast. North and west are reversed.

[ Wednesday, April 05, 2006 14:23: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 6846
Profile #36
quote:
This means that the call te_can_look_at doesn't do a lot.
I noticed this as well.

It means that all of my custom terrains are searchable and I cannot change this by setting te_can_look_at = 0.

--------------------
"Build a man a fire, and he´ll be warm for a day; set a man on fire, and he´ll be warm for the rest of his life."
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #37
quote:
Originally written by Pyrulen:

quote:
This means that the call te_can_look_at doesn't do a lot.
I noticed this as well.

It means that all of my custom terrains are searchable and I cannot change this by setting te_can_look_at = 0.

Has anybody found a work-around for this yet?

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shock Trooper
Member # 136
Profile Homepage #38
coresdendata.txt
* Pixie (#65): cr_species undefined, being 0 (human) the default.
* Centaur (#102): cr_start_item_2 & cr_start_item chance_2, both have two different values.

coresdendata2.txt
* item #74 (Cursed Halberd): it_cursed = 1, then it_cursed = 0. So, it's not cursed.
* #75 (Bronze Halberd): if the above is corrected, it will need its own "it_cursed = 0".
* #270 (Shield Ring): imported from item #264 (Ring of Vulnerability), it keeps the it_protection value to -3, and with this every other ring except the Armor Ring (it_protection = 12) and Quicksilver Ring (it_protection = 3).
* #353 (Bolts of Life): though magic, their assigned value is the same as for the common version (it_value = 40)
* #354 (Arrows of Light): as with the Bolts of Life, above (here: (it_value = 20)
* #361 (Ogrish Gauntlets): two different values for both it_ability_1 and it_ability_str_1.
* #362 (Giantish Gauntlets), #365 (Micah's Gloves) & #441 (Archer's Bow): as with the Ogrish Gauntlets, two different values for both it_ability_1 and it_ability_str_1.
* #390 (Rough Diamond): maybe not an error, this bauble is a missile, and more damaging than common Rocks.

[ Monday, April 10, 2006 09:21: Message edited by: Mab ]
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #39
quote:
Originally written by Mab:

coresdendata.txt
* Pixie (#65): cr_species undefined, being 0 (human) the default.
* Centaur (#102): cr_start_item_2 & cr_start_item chance_2, both have two different values.

coresdendata2.txt
* item #74 (Cursed Halberd): it_cursed = 1, then it_cursed = 0. So, it's not cursed.
* #75 (Bronze Halberd): if the above is corrected, it will need its own "it_cursed = 0".
* #270 (Shield Ring): imported from item #264 (Ring of Vulnerability), it keeps the it_protection value to -3, and with this every other ring except the Armor Ring (it_protection = 12) and Quicksilver Ring (it_protection = 3).
* #353 (Bolts of Life): though magic, their assigned value is the same as for the common version (it_value = 40)
* #354 (Arrows of Light): as with the Bolts of Life, above (here: (it_value = 20)
* #361 (Ogrish Gauntlets): two different values for both it_ability_1 and it_ability_str_1.
* #362 (Giantish Gauntlets), #365 (Micah's Gloves) & #441 (Archer's Bow): as with the Ogrish Gauntlets, two different values for both it_ability_1 and it_ability_str_1.
* #390 (Rough Diamond): maybe not an error, this bauble is a missile, and more damaging than common Rocks.

The centaur, archer's bow, ogrish gauntlets are not errors. The strength of an ability does not need to be the same as the ability ID. The chance of an item being on a monster does not need to match the item number.

--------------------
My ego is bigger than yours.
Shock Trooper
Member # 136
Profile Homepage #40
Ah, I mean they appear twice, with different values each time, like this:

begindefineitem 362;
import = 148;
it_full_name = "Giantish Gauntlets";
it_bonus = 6;
it_ability_1 = 50;
it_ability_str_1 = 3;
it_ability_1 = 51;
it_ability_str_1 = 3;
it_value = 3000;
it_magic = 1;

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #41
Rough diamonds are supposed to be that way. I'll look into the rest later, though.

The good news about corescendata errors is that they're fixable by the designers. Eventually I intend to create another few custom objects script bases that fix these errors.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 932
Profile #42
The bad news about corescendata errors is that they're fixable by the designers. Every scenario data file will get bloated by corrections that should be put into the corescendata files.

Yeah, sure, a small text file might not seem like much with compression and a fast internet connection, but think of how many times a scenario will be downloaded. (Especially if they have to include bugfixes for the corescendata files in them, because Jeff never bothers to make an official correction to corescendata.)

It's an unnecessary waste of bandwidth.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #43
*revives*

Unlike the traditional Orb of Thralni, items with it_ability_1 = 213 can give the party extra rounds of flight while the party is still in the air. You don't have to land first.

This screws up the whole concept of having limited turns of flight.

As far as I can tell, a flying party skips all specials, too, which at least ought to be documented.

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #44
That depends. If the BoA engine is in every respect the same as the Avernum 1 engine, then flying over specials triggers the specials. I tried to fly over a certain special on my way to the exit of Avernum, but the special trigered anyway.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #45
The BoA engine is in general not the same as the A1 engine, as should be obvious from the fact that A1 didn't have scripts and BoA does.

I tried it, and it does skip specials. Hence the post.

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #46
quote:

The BoA engine is in general not the same as the A1 engine, as should be obvious from the fact that A1 didn't have scripts and BoA does.
I don't know why that should be so obvious.

Actually, don't boter to reply with an answer, as I'm leaving this community anyway. My social life has improved to such extent, that I don't need alien friends whome I only see typing, and whome I can't hear talking. This doesn't mean I stop the testing of my current scenario. Moreover, ist likely I will make another scenario, and the Nephilim language will also be completed one day.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #47
quote:
Originally written by Mc 'mini' Thralni:

Actually, don't boter to reply with an answer, as I'm leaving this community anyway. My social life has improved to such extent, that I don't need alien friends whome I only see typing, and whome I can't hear talking. This doesn't mean I stop the testing of my current scenario. Moreover, ist likely I will make another scenario, and the Nephilim language will also be completed one day.
Well... not sure what to think of this. I'm sure I'd have an opinion if your scenario had been released already, but as is, this is just kind of cryptic.

As for the flying stuff, there's still the workaround for giving it a special state in the scenario script, just a party status check. Granted that does nothing for making items that will transfer correctly.

So, flying skips the states completely? No way to force it? (I'm thinking a party status check again)

--------------------

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #48
To Thralni's post, I can only react with an enormous *facepalm*.

Ephesos: It appears to skip everything. I had a message_dialog and a block_entry on a space outdoors and my flying party was affected by neither. I haven't tried doing anything indoors, though, and I haven't tested this extensively.

It might almost be better that items that confer flight be not transferable between scenarios. If anyone has to make an Orb of Thralni-type item, I strongly suggest using a special state rather than the item ability.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #49
quote:

To Thralni's post, I can only react with an enormous *facepalm*.
Oddly enough, my reaction to this was also *facepalm*. Literally.

quote:

It might almost be better that items that confer flight be not transferable between scenarios. If anyone has to make an Orb of Thralni-type item, I strongly suggest using a special state rather than the item ability.
Very true... my best party still has a bunch of "Scrolls of Flight" from testing Shipwrecked. We need some sort of designer-authored agreement to prevent unleashing this sort of problem. A Geneva Convention of sorts, but one that people will actually listen to.

--------------------

Pages