Web pages.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Web pages.
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #0
I guess it could have made it to Announcement but it hasn't so it is in BoA. Here is the description of BoA and what the fourth scenario will be about, and here is what happens to the expectations .

[ Wednesday, October 01, 2003 22:44: Message edited by: So Incredibly Sad ]

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #1
Looks like an interesting addition to the 3 scenerios.

There is some interesting features that you can make use of like the cat chasing the cat.

I wonder if the editor has both the 2d view and a 3d view for editing, even if its just as a sort of 'preview' feature. Hope we dont have to add a 2d view of custom terrian too.

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #2
This is exciting. Just a note: the expectations are outdated. A lot.

I like the new playing interface, and the rat-chasing cat looks intriguing.

quote:
Deal with monsters that work together and send out patrols to hunt you. Fight deadly bosses that summon aid, flee when they're outmatched, and surprise you with all sorts of nasty tricks.
Hooray!

The terrain editor looks a little weird, but that's probably just the distortion of the jpg.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #3
Actually one thing I just noticed about new interface is that the characters 'Info' button is now a 'Train' button, does this mean characters will be able to train anywhere and the old trainer rooms will be gone? or has Jeff simply not got round to that part yet?

*has mixed feelings if it is using the Geneforge system*

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
I'd rather not have the Geneforge system, personally.

—Alorael, who believes the distortion is caused by the fact that terrain placement is done in overhead perspective while the terrain is designed for an isometric view.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #5
This looks very very good.

I noticed that at the end of the page that it said both Mac and Windows versions would be availible during spring(or autum depending what hemisphere you are in) 2004.

Does this mean that Jeff is going to wait until he ports BOA to windows before he releases the game?

--------------------
Milla-Displacer Beastie

This is also a good site
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #6
Well, considering that "early 2004" can still be applied to more than one month, it's not likely that he'll wait. I still think of March as early 2004, so Mac might be released in January and Windows in March.

I admit to wishing that the design phase would be in 2D, this makes things much easier to get right. Surely Jeff included a 3D "preview" mode. Would he over look that?

Finally, this all looks great. I can't wait :D

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #7
Well I suppose the Mac users wouldnt get an unfair headstart on scenerio creation, and the windows users wont complain that they have to wait extra long.

But I suppose if the Mac version does come out first their might be a couple of scenerios made by the time the windows one comes out. Then again most of us will probley want to play the 4 scenerios first.

But then again I dont know, might of just been a typo.

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #8
There will definitely be a Mac version first, and a few of us are planning on making a scenario or two so that there won't be a long wait before we see some new scenarios. During beta-testing people will build up experience and begin writing, and there should be some good scenarios before the Windows version comes out.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
====
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #9
Not fair at all :( . It takes long enough to make scenarios, but then to give you Macies a head start?

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #10
You shouldn't have much of a problem. You can play GF2 while we're testing BoA :P

I don't see the point in complaining. Windows users get nearly every other game years before Mac users. I like Spidweb because Jeff is a Mac developer and will release the games for Mac first.

--------------------
====
====
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #11
Well yea but... Hey you guys even have Half-Life yet? How about UT2k3?

I just wish it was easier to convert the Mac version to Windows. No longer than a 5 hour recompile. And I doubt it would be that long... I think I'll go make a program that can do that. While I finish playing Ghost Recon muhaha :D

Edit: Oh yes, and it looks like I won't be purchasing GF2 at it's release. I've only set off enough money/time this month for one game, and sadly, Call Of Duty has triumphed. Never to fear though, I will eventually buy it. It'll just have to wait til December.
Edit2: Typos? I think I'm dislexic.

[ Friday, October 03, 2003 02:21: Message edited by: [E.E.P.] Karzoth ]

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #12
I suggest looking here if you want to know why Drakey says it is outdated. You will also find some interesting informations about how it will work.

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Warrior
Member # 2902
Profile #13
I'm pleased with what I saw until now and I'm sure this game will be on my ordering list to complete the Avernum series.
And I'm also pleased that Jeff makes these games available to the Mac community anyway, I don't care if I have to wait, even if he would release the Windows version before.
Mac Users are used to this, but are "indemnified" by the coding and usability advantages of the Mac :D

By interpreting the logos of the editor buttons, it looks really powerful to me...

I hope that many players have time to design many adventures for BoA, I won't have much more time then for a short scenario....only for playing :cool:

my 2 cents
Abraxx

--------------------
* Knowledge is Might *
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #14
quote:
Originally posted by Abraxx:
By interpreting the logos of the editor buttons, it looks really powerful to me...
I agree, especially one that seems to be a view switcher: The second button from the left and top looks like it alternates birds-eye, isometric, and altitude views. Or something like that.

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #15
We're just getting UT2k3 and Halo - no Half-Life ever.

The editor looks good - I can't wait to play around in it.

--------------------
====
====
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #16
Haha. Yea we're just getting Halo, too. It was XBOX exclusive til now. And it makes since that Mac will get it at the same time, as Bungie is a long-time fan of Macs.

Agreed. I'm all giddy inside.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #17
Same here as well.
And when the game comes out I will most likely have the chance to use the entire game since I think I have finally convinced my mum about the marvellous creation called Money Orders :D

--------------------
Milla-Displacer Beastie

This is also a good site