Blades Chat

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Blades Chat
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #0
This is an attempt to bring the chat discussions together. The next official Blades Chat will likely be next week Saturday, January 14, 2006 at 5 pm EST. There will be an unofficial chat today, January 7, in the Lyceum chat at 5 pm EST. All are invited, of course.

After some discussion, we decided that we would try AOL Instant Messenger as a means to host the next chat. It's free, fairly easy to use, most people have it already, and it seems quite reliable. The only problem is that, as far as I can tell, we will need a list of screennames to invite.

We will have to test this further before making more concrete plans. How it will likely work is you send an IM to the person conducting the chat and they send you an invitation. If anyone knows about AIM chats more than I, please post with some implementation details.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #1
Um, maybe, so the Europeans will also get a chance, you could have the chat just four or three hours earlier? at 2 o3 3 pm EST? 5 pm EST That will be at 10 pm GMT (I think so), which is just too late for me.

EDIT: 2 pm EST would be the best for me. that's at 8 pm GMT, which is the time I can have soem time for myself, between the news and the evening tv session with my parents. and, no offence to the Aussies, but they got their chance last time. i think we should give everybody a chance, don't you think?

[ Saturday, January 07, 2006 08:56: Message edited by: Thralni, Nephil translators & co. ]

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #2
We could, although then we might exclude some of our Australian friends. I suppose it does not hurt to ask. At any rate, we can always move the chat time around week to week in some regular interval to try and get everyone.

How does 3 pm EST sound for people, is this better or worse?

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #3
For me, 3pm EST is much much better. My internet time is limited to about 12pm GMT to 9pm GMT. After that I can't guarantee anything.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #4
I've been there since an hour ago. ~_~

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
Unforseeably, I'm about to lose my internet connection for today. So no. :(

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Warrior
Member # 5274
Profile #6
quote:
Um, maybe, so the Europeans will also get a chance, you could have the chat just four or three hours earlier? at 2 o3 3 pm EST? 5 pm EST That will be at 10 pm GMT (I think so), which is just too late for me.

EDIT: 2 pm EST would be the best for me. that's at 8 pm GMT, which is the time I can have soem time for myself, between the news and the evening tv session with my parents. and, no offence to the Aussies, but they got their chance last time. i think we should give everybody a chance, don't you think?

Unfortunately this comes down to numbers. I can think of at least three other aussies including myself intend to participate. However I'm not sure how many of us would be willing to get up at 4 in the morning to do so. By all means we should fiddle around and come up with a time acceptable to all, but I think its a little unreasonable to hold the expectation that we should choose a time that would slot nicely into your "evening tv schedule."

--------------------
I assume my reputation for arrogant presumption precedes me
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #7
The problem is, is that if you are going to hold the chat every time at 5 pm EST, the Europeans can't participate in any chat, while the aussies in almost every. 2 pm EST or 3 pm EST or a time between that is fine with me, while 2 pm EST is the very best. I only want to say that we should give everybody a chance to join in, that is reasonable to ask, no?

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Warrior
Member # 5274
Profile #8
No that is a perfectly reasonable point, and an area where we both agree. To make this work we should get as many people as possible to participate. Now the original time suggested seemed to fit that criterion, it meant that for the majority of people, including europeans, the chat would take place in the evening.

Maybe I read the timezones wrong but 5pm EST doesn't seem to be that late in the Netherlands. Your profile does not disclose your age but I am assuming you go to sleep early? Not to be harsh but it seems unreasonable to lock out three or more people completely (I guess most of us will be either asleep or at work that early,) to suit the particular needs of one.

5pm EST is not perfect but it seems that most people can accept it, whereas to move it back earlier would leave some people completely unable to participate.

--------------------
I assume my reputation for arrogant presumption precedes me
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #9
5pm EST is about 11 pm in the netherlands, a time I'm cetainly not allowed by my parents to come even near the computer, also ten o'clock is right out.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #10
Eh, the chats don't seem to begin at any official time anyway. We could just have a window between noon EST and 8 pm EST, the idea being that you come for whatever part of it you can.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00