A cool, random, and totally pointless idea (will it work?)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A cool, random, and totally pointless idea (will it work?)
Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #0
I just thought, how about having different modes of transport. Like, instead of horses you could have bikes (with their own graphic and everything). If you could do that kind of thing it would be cool.
Also, would you be able to check to see if the party are riding them and/or stop them from getting off? If so, you could extend it to say, for instance, snowboards, and the party can't take them off until they're at the bottom, and must have them on to go down. Now that would be cool!
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #1
First part could technically be done, but it would probably require editing default graphics - Not generally a good idea.
As for the second part - Maybe, maybe not. I wouldn't count on it happening.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
Jeff is definitely not going to create extra modes of transportation, especially because of the PC graphic nightmares it would cause. Editing graphics should work in most cases. And if you want it impossible to leave the vehicle in certain locations, use a boat.

—Alorael, who doesn't think there's much difference between a snowboard and a magical snowboat. Okay, there's plenty of difference, but it should be good enough for most BoA scenarios.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 1823
Profile Homepage #3
I would expect checking for whether they are on horseback should work, especially considering it exists in A3.

Besides - for the snowboard thing - why even bother with giving them transport. Just say the party is on a snowboard and then just don't lert them go upwards (of course, in BoE, when moving platforms existed, this can be done better)

--------------------
Riot Shields
Voodoo Economics
It's just business
Cattle prods
And the IMF

I trust I can rely on your vote
Warrior
Member # 1427
Profile #4
Hm. you just reminded me of another idea-

Horseback fighting.

Imagine, shooting people off your horse, or having it rear up and clobber someone. Now THAT would be cool. :cool:
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #5
This is still Avernum...

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00