I've been left behind...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: I've been left behind...
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #0
Hi, I'm Christopher and I'm new to the boards here.
I just have one concern with the scenario "Backwater Calls": Everyone in the towns except for a few people have disappeared!
:eek:

Does anyone know what that's all about?

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Uh, in the interest of at least trying, can you describe where you are in the scenario and what you did just before people disappeared? Can you also name a few people who are still around?

Describe as fully as possible your situation and the relevant details.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #2
Let's see, I had already cleared out the Slith infestation to the West, killed the Alien Beast, and visited Norton.

Then the people just... went away, except for:
The people in Fort Laramie, Bearclaw, Havelock, the Owners of the Dancing Gremlin, and NPC's in Mosadorl's tower.

All the other shopkeepers, guards, and semi-critical characters have disappeared. Redownloading the scenario didn't work, and I can't imagine anything in the scripting that anyone could have done to trigger something so bizzare.

Right now I'm wandering around trying to figure out what to do about the first trap when you walk right into the building, but it traps you and kills you right away. (I was told to talk to someone in the library in Grimson about demons. It probably has something to do with that, but he doesn't exist for me to talk to).

--------------------
They fly into my webs!
-Spider
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Do you have relatives who use your computer, know where you keep your BoA saved games, and bear some grudge against you?

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #4
Oh right, this version is still on Spiderweb's download page and I never mentioned this bug here.

I too experienced this bug when I was designing Backwater Calls. The bug has something to do with the clear_town() call which I initially used in Mosadorl's tower. When I removed the call I no longer encountered the bug. So I submitted my scenario and completely forgot that I also used the call in the Iron Mines.

So Chief Spider, I don't know if there's anything you can do to bring back the missing people. I can only direct you to my site and download the version where I think I fixed that bug and see if that would somehow help you. If not, then I'm afraid you'll have to restart the scenario, sorry. Oh and are you using Windows or a Mac?

Edit: By the way, I used the call in the INIT_STATE in case that somehow messes up the call.

[ Sunday, July 10, 2005 23:10: Message edited by: Smoo ]

--------------------
These are my scenarios. I may have too much free time but I really don't care.
Backwater Calls, Magus of Cattalon, Rats Aplenty
Get them here
Visit The Lyceum for all your rating needs.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #5
To Thuryl: HaHa! No, I have two brothers who play the game but hardly know how to open it, much less screw with the Program Files folder.
To Smoo: Thanks for helping. Yes, I use a PC with Windows. I just had to know if anyone else had ever had the same problem I did.

--------------------
They fly into my webs!
-Spider
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #6
I think Thuryl was suggesting that they played your save and killed them, then saved.

But I've been almost wrong before.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #7
Have you read those books? I only now got the reference to the Rapture CUZ IM SOLW.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #8
I actually read it all the way up to the ninth or tenth book. Then I just got sick of it because it was pretty repetitive, Revelations was being taken waaaaaay too literally to be creative, and it kind of offended me as a Catholic.

--------------------
They fly into my webs!
-Spider
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #9
I haven't read them, as I figure they're just a means of stroking the fundamentalist Christian ego while taking their money.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #10
Well, you could borrow them from the library if for no other reason then to laugh at how crazy the fundamental Christians are.

As a fundamental Christian I am painfully aware of how crazy I must seem, believing in unseen angles, demons, and whatnot. :P FTR I enjoy the left behind series very much though I think I've only gotten to book seven.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #11
As a physicist toying with a theory of five dimensions, I too believe in unseen angles. Angels also seem perfectly plausible, though the actual evidence for them seems scant, but demons don't make much sense to me except as a metaphor. As a metaphor, they're great -- the universe is full of nasty little things that infiltrate larger systems and subvert them to damaging ends: tumours, viruses, psychoses, stock market bubbles ...

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00