The Louvre Q&A

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Louvre Q&A
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #0
I closed the old topic because it was become quite long. Let's use this area to discuss all Louvre-related stuff.

I'm happy to announce I now have an updated submission page. It's not perfect. If someone can ID a CGI script that would allow one to complete the fields of info on the current form AND attach their graphics WITHOUT first going to an e-mail client, let me know.

The Louvre is up to over 150 graphics! :eek:

--------------------
All that we see, or seem, is but a dream within a dream.

Visit the Louvre, the BoA Graphics Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boa/louvre/
Visit Alexandria, the BoE Scenario Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boe/alexandriajs/
Posts: 653 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #1
Haha... at this rate we're gunna have upwards of 1000 by the time the game comes out! Well that's good I guess. Nice job on the site, keep it up... and let us know if you ever need help.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #2
I see that my graphics are up now, great!
It seems that I sent my punk graphic. I didn't mean to do this yet, due to the fact that it's not finished. Shall I re-send it when it's done (say, next month or so)?

--------------------
PhoenixNinjas!
Ninja-Moderation!
What we need is Urban Wisdom!
Vote Wise Man!
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally posted by Strontium 90:
I see that my graphics are up now, great!
It seems that I sent my punk graphic. I didn't mean to do this yet, due to the fact that it's not finished. Shall I re-send it when it's done (say, next month or so)?

That's fine.

--------------------

Visit the Louvre, the BoA Graphics Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boa/louvre/
Visit Alexandria, the BoE Scenario Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boe/alexandriajs/
Infiltrator
Member # 737
Profile #4
Jigga, if you happen to read this, your Morte graphic is a exact copy of my Morte graphic. Wait a minute, what's this smell? It smells... smells... a STOLEN graphic! :P

--------------------
Who was born in a house full of pain
Who was trained not to spit in the fan
Who was told what to do by the man
Who was broken by trained personnel
Who was fitted with collar and chain
Who was given a pat on the back
Who was breaking away from the pack
Who was only a stranger at home
Who was ground down in the end
Who was found dead on the phone
Who was dragged down by the stone
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #5
In the last topic, or so I recall, Jigga claimed that he didn't send in the graphic. I think it was just a mistake.

--------------------
PhoenixNinjas!
Ninja-Moderation!
Vote Wise Man!
Infiltrator
Member # 737
Profile #6
Oops, I forgot to read that topic. However, it doesn't really matter, I guess. But Void Master, if you got the time, you could change it.

Morte, hang on! I will reclaim you! Jigga shall not have you! Grraah! :P

--------------------
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally posted by BoEing:
Jigga, if you happen to read this, your Morte graphic is a exact copy of my Morte graphic. Wait a minute, what's this smell? It smells... smells... a STOLEN graphic! :P
Please send me your moniker and e-mail address, and I'll correct the DB.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #8
There are a few cases of graphics appearing in the wrong category. (As far as I've checked, they also appear in the correct category.)
Noted examples:

Light Blue Efreet, Light Blue Soldier, and Mage Warrior all appear under Animated Terrain

Short Tower 2 appears under PCs
Infiltrator
Member # 737
Profile #9
quote:
Originally posted by Void Master:
Please send me your moniker and e-mail address, and I'll correct the DB.
I don't know what a moniker is, but I guess that it means nickname.

Moniker: BoEing
E-mail: jesper_lundkvist@mail.bip.net

[ Monday, March 10, 2003 09:06: Message edited by: BoEing ]

--------------------
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #10
OK - should all be better.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 2555
Profile #11
no offense guys, but it seems that mostly all the BoA pics (that were added to the database) are just the originals with their color changed. But I especially like the Slith Warrior with the sword. Original and great looking.

--------------------
The Story
--------------------------------
Tim (the Sorcerer) was walking out peacefully one day when..... ...he became ambushed by a pair of Mung Demons assisted by a Demon Golem. He had the stuffing beaten out of him and was left on the cold, dirt, road to perish. But then..... ... X came! And he attempted a healing spell. But it didn't work! So, X knew he wasn't going to make it(sniff). So, Tim's last words were "Toe" or something that sounded like it. So X thought that Tim wanted him to take his toe, as a token, for his departure. As X was ripping Tim's toe off with a Piercing Crystal, Tim began to moan, cry, and then.... he DIED! X then cried his eyes out(yeah right) and then left.
X was then really bored with the toe, then he decided to make it into a Xian item. He gave it the talking ability. And the Xian Toe lived happily ever after! The END!
-----------------------
Click here to see you prize! (don't you see this too often? Well, here it comes!)
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally posted by Xian Toe:
no offense guys, but it seems that mostly all the BoA pics (that were added to the database) are just the originals with their color changed. But I especially like the Slith Warrior with the sword. Original and great looking.
None taken, at least by me. We started this about two weeks ago, so I'm not surprised that most of the graphics are like this. I predict these graphics will be used in scenarios, so that's what it's all about.

Hopefully over time more original graphics will surface.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #13
My punk is original. Anyway, he's all done except for the sitting graphic, but after reading the topic about using Nethergate graphics I'm not sure what kind of chair to have him sit on. Since I have scrapped the scenario idea I had planed to use him with I won't be drawing a modern chair graphic. I suppose I could have him sit on a normal Avernum chair, but that just wouldn't look right.
So my question is, what should he sit on, or should he just stand?
Any recommendations are welcome.

--------------------
PhoenixNinjas!
Ninja-Moderation!
Vote Wise Man!
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #14
Im sending in a zip of all my item graphics. Hope they are all in order.

EDIT: Erk I cant seem to be able to send emails through your submission form Void Master, is it ok if I could simply send my email directly?.

[ Tuesday, March 11, 2003 23:53: Message edited by: Mortimer ]

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally posted by Mortimer:
Im sending in a zip of all my item graphics. Hope they are all in order.

EDIT: Erk I cant seem to be able to send emails through your submission form Void Master, is it ok if I could simply send my email directly?.

Yes, please do.

--------------------

BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally posted by Strontium 90:
My punk is original. Anyway, he's all done except for the sitting graphic, but after reading the topic about using Nethergate graphics I'm not sure what kind of chair to have him sit on. Since I have scrapped the scenario idea I had planed to use him with I won't be drawing a modern chair graphic. I suppose I could have him sit on a normal Avernum chair, but that just wouldn't look right.
So my question is, what should he sit on, or should he just stand?
Any recommendations are welcome.

I guess just leave him standing.

To anyone who's experimented with graphic substitutions in A3 - will this work?

"We no need to sit in no stinkin' chairs!" the party proclaimed.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #17
quote:
Originally posted by Void Master:
I guess just leave him standing.

To anyone who's experimented with graphic substitutions in A3 - will this work?

"We no need to sit in no stinkin' chairs!" the party proclaimed.[/QB]
Tested. It's not terrible, but it isn't good. North and west facing chairs are the primary problem - he looks sort of like he's standing behind the chair. The east and south facings are better, but still aren't that great.

Essentially, it looks as if any use of custom chairs (as chairs, not as impassable terrain as in the Avernum series) will produce problems with PC graphics. There really isn't a good solution, just varying degrees of bad.
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #18
I guess I'll just submit him without a chair. Other than the chair problem, he has been thoroughly tested in A2 and A3 and works fine. I'll email you the punk, along with a black leather biker jacket item and a steel version of my brass knuckles item graphic.

[ Monday, March 17, 2003 11:08: Message edited by: Strontium 90 ]

--------------------
PhoenixNinjas!
Ninja-Moderation!
Vote Wise Man!
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #19
May I ask your email address Void Master?, I cant seem to find one in your profile or on your site.

thanks

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #20
His address is bxb11@psu.edu

—Alorael, who found it on the site. It's there, but you have to look around for it. Actually, all you have to do is go to the main page as opposed to the BoE section.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 2555
Profile #21
I just thought about this but, you know the chairs in Avernum........ don't they look a little..........FUTURISTIC... or not in that time period. Don't you think they should have like.......four legged chairs and stools?

--------------------
The Story
Tim (the Sorcerer) was walking out peacefully one day when..... ...he became ambushed by a pair of Mung Demons assisted by a Demon Golem. He had the stuffing beaten out of him and was left on the cold, dirt, road to perish. But then..... ... X came! And he attempted a healing spell. But it didn't work! So, X knew he wasn't going to make it(sniff). So, Tim's last words were "Toe" or something that sounded like it. So X thought that Tim wanted him to take his toe, as a token, for his departure. As X was ripping Tim's toe off with a Piercing Crystal, Tim began to moan, cry, and then.... he DIED! X then cried his eyes out(yeah right) and then left.
X was then really bored with the toe, then he decided to make it into a Xian item. He gave it the talking ability. And the Xian Toe lived happily ever after! The END!
-----------------------
Click here to see you prize! (don't you see this too often? Well, here it comes!)
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #23
I believe the chairs are made out of stone in Avernum, to represent the lack of wood. Of course this does make little sense in Avernum 3 on the surface.

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #24
Wait wait wait... they did so have some wood in Exile (Avernum... whatever)! What about all those little cave-trees and the such! There was a plentiful supply of those... if they could make Cavewood bows out of them.

I don't think it's that hard really, (back on topic) you don't have to have the graphic's legs all bent and stuff, you can just paste him on top of a chair, looks decent enough... I think...

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Warrior
Member # 2555
Profile #25
But don't all the chairs in Avernum (the game) look exactly alike? I didn't see any chairs with legs. ALL I see are those weird men in black chairs with the oval backrest and brown seat with one huge leg.

--------------------
The Story
-----------------------

Pages