canopy (this is weird)(and funny)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: canopy (this is weird)(and funny)
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #0
i was wondering i found a new feature if you kill the archangel when you summon it everything goes against you friendly towns all of it and you attack yourself to it's kinda cool but no-matter what you can't fix it. it sucks reset towns don't work and you can't make yourself stop attacking yourself either i just thought i would tell the world about that little feature ;)

oh by the way i used the editor to set it so that when you start the scenario you can get those items maybe that is why IMAGE(http://www.geocities.com/hawkkingsdomain/wink.jpg)

[ Tuesday, April 12, 2005 07:17: Message edited by: hawk king ]
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #1
I'd hardly consider that a "feature".

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by Demonslayer from Hell:

I'd hardly consider that a "feature".
i just thought it was cool and i would tell the world about it
Apprentice
Member # 5588
Profile #3
Hey I am glad that you did tell us all. I am the dumbest sob in the forum. I can't figure out a lot of the puzzles. The nuances of actual game play escape me, in so much as I must resort to constantly saving and reloading and copius use of the charactor editor. My one distinguishing trait is that I can crash or otherwise screw up any well planned scenario. I guess I would make a good play tester, i dunno' ?
Hell I am still trying to finish the original text adventure of Douglas Adams book "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy."

I appreciate you telling me how to kick my own @ss, I have wanted to do that for years.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #4
You aren't attacking yourself, the angel you summoned is.
Although you can only do this in so many places, since most friendly towns kill you immediately.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Le Martyre de la Terreur:

You aren't attacking yourself, the angel you summoned is.
Although you can only do this in so many places, since most friendly towns kill you immediately.

uhuh if your playing a god party you can rip apart the town ;)
Apprentice
Member # 5339
Profile #6
hawk king, you are just one hell of a jack the ripper. Everthing you say is rip, slash, hack, or kill;-)
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #7
You cannot, however, "rip apart" Schwertschrein, Machtschrein or General Kampf. The Tigers, Grenze, Goblins, and Bugbears are all fair game.
(You can technically attack people in Kedalvasser, but you die when you leave town.)

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by jos:

hawk king, you are just one hell of a jack the ripper. Everthing you say is rip, slash, hack, or kill;-)
am not thats not true

quote:
Originally written by Le Martyre de la Terreur:

You cannot, however, "rip apart" Schwertschrein, Machtschrein or General Kampf. The Tigers, Grenze, Goblins, and Bugbears are all fair game.
(You can technically attack people in Kedalvasser, but you die when you leave town.)

didn't know that i would always kill the town then load a save game ;)
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #9
Well, eh. It wouldn't make sense for you to die immediately- the whole army is your enemy, but wouldn't get to you quickly enough.
It's more logical this way.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #10
I always find scenarios annoying when I'm told my party is overpowered and dies. Don't I get a say. Who says my party couldn't take on an army of demons. At least they could die trying.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #11
I could include a level check, and then tell the party that the enemy is extinguished. But then the party would die of old age alone and bored.
The end.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #12
I know why there are such things as overwhelming forces that crush ones party. But occasionally I think, I'd like to of at least tried the fight. Even if the attackers were all completely invulnerable. The only thing one would gain from that would be a slight bit of romanticism. Whatever.

[ Friday, April 08, 2005 18:34: Message edited by: VCH ]

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #13
If you're hacking up townspeople, I don't think you're playing the scenario for "romantic" reasons. :P

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #14
There are scenarios that only get tough when you attack the vital plot people protected by the designer.

Canopy is not such a scenario. In fact, I don't see the point in attacking the plot in any of TM's scenarios; they're impossibly tough even when you do only the things you're supposed to.

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Apprentice
Member # 3811
Profile #15
This scenario pissed me off in so many ways that I just assumed getting whacked by the Wankergangerang was part of the game experience. I didn't really care if I was right or not, I just pulled the scenario out of my machine and I'm using it as a fartcushion right now.
Warrior
Member # 5362
Profile #16
I'll have to admit, it really pissed me off too. But after i was done i realized it was one of the most challenging and fulfilling scenarios there is for BOA.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #17
Challenging, maybe, but not fulfilling for me.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #18
When I say "you suck at combat," I'm not being caustic, innacurate or hyperbolic.

But really- you suck at combat. Badly.

(The tigers are easy- not being able to beat them with a level 45 party is inexcusable.)

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #19
TM, as usual, go to hell.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #20
TM, from what I understand, you try to balance your heavy plot by making the combat technically impossible at the designated level for anyone not called Creator or using the character editor and then claim that about three quarters of BoA players suck at combat because they can't do it. :P

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #21
I'm replaying Canopy with a slightly unusual level-30 party (with heavy disadvantages, not that it helps since most of the monsters in Canopy are so low-level that I don't get much experience from them anyway), and getting by fairly well. So far, I've successfully mystified the AI of two bosses so that I was able to kill them off at a leisurely pace without even getting attacked. Man, I shoulda caught that sort of thing in beta. :P

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

not that it helps since most of the monsters in Canopy are so low-level that I don't get much experience from them anyway
Is that what my problem was? I never leveled once in the entire scenario, which was annoying. I figured it was just that I was using a level 60 party, but even my level 45 party never leveled in the beginning.

--------------------

BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #23
Kel, Canopy "levels" you up. When you leave it, if you have one of the two swords, Adlerauge, the Miracle items, some of the Illusory items, etc... You're FAR more than +10-20 levels higher than you would have been. Canopy doesn't pimp you, it pimps your ride.

Thuryl- email me with the specs.

EDIT: And as an aside, NONE of my scenarios have ever had leveling up as a possible, recommended and effective tactic.

[ Friday, April 15, 2005 07:11: Message edited by: Le Martyre de la Terreur ]

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

not that it helps since most of the monsters in Canopy are so low-level that I don't get much experience from them anyway
Is that what my problem was? I never leveled once in the entire scenario, which was annoying. I figured it was just that I was using a level 60 party, but even my level 45 party never leveled in the beginning.

Yep. As an example, bugbears are level 26. There are a couple of award_party_xp calls, but some don't work because they try to award more than the 500-xp limit.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!

Pages