Lord Putidus (The Darkness) Released!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Lord Putidus (The Darkness) Released!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #0
Announcing the release of my second scenario, Lord Putidus (formerly known as The Darkness)! Get it here!

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #1
Congratulations!

And I approve of the name change. ;)

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
And it's up on CSR.

Beta testers should know before rating it that: I mostly just fixed bugs from beta.

Oh, and I just remembered that there was something that I forgot to add from beta. I'm about to make a slight change.

EDIT: Yeah, small thing. If anyone downloaded it already, you should probably redownload.

[ Tuesday, March 29, 2005 16:48: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Warrior
Member # 4566
Profile #3
I enjoyed watching that sicko Putidus writhe in agony as he died. This was the first scenario where i enjoyed watching the bad guy die.

[ Wednesday, March 30, 2005 02:11: Message edited by: samurai56 ]

--------------------
samurai56:the video game guide you don't have to buy!
Apprentice
Member # 5603
Profile #4
Thanks for giving out the ending to all of us who haven't yet played the scenario.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
Er, unless you were expecting the villain to win, it's really not that much of a spoiler. You know he's the bad guy from pretty early on.

[ Wednesday, March 30, 2005 03:12: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 5603
Profile #6
I know that now, having finished the scenario. :)
Apprentice
Member # 5339
Profile #7
I find it a very good scenario, it's short, but it's very entertaining. Now scenario-makers see that you don't really need to build a canopy or bahs to create a nice and entertaining scenario
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
One general note to all: try to keep in mind that even though this is a released scenario, it is not completely set in stone. I have been known to update things, and if you have any simple suggestions, feel free to let me know. I may or may not actually use them, depending on my judgment, but you can certainly send them my way.

[ Wednesday, March 30, 2005 10:00: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------

Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #9
My BoA guides are updated with the (one) artifact from Lord Putidus, as well as a fixed skill and spell list from Backwater Calls.

EDIT: And two more items from Bahssikava that I apparently missed on my first reading of the data files.

[ Wednesday, March 30, 2005 11:15: Message edited by: Imban ]
Apprentice
Member # 5350
Profile #10
This may be a completly stupid question but is Lord Putidus (the scenario not the charecter) meant to be done without magic and what prompted this?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #11
Yes, it's supposed to be on Earth.

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 5350
Profile #12
Thank you, I just finished the scenario and it all came together very well. I did have a couple more quick questions and comments:
:Spoilers:

First there was one section of wall in the castle that I could see through that I don't think was suppose to be like that. I don't have the x,y coordinates but it was just west of center L2 Castle Putideum between the blank oblisk and the two statues.

Second, I did not do anything to any of the bodies in the base level of the castle yet it still allowed me to finish the scenario, Putidus even mentions in the final segment that I sanctified the bodies or some such. Is there something that should be done to the bodies before you can go back upstairs?

Third, the silver key that is dropped after the final battle does it do anything beyond open the cell door?

Fourth, can you get past the dead bolted door behind Putidus' throne?

Fifth I may have read it wrong but during the final cutscene I thought a saw Putidus say "sagacitas" instead of "sagacious" could this be a typo?

Finally I'd like to say that the scenario was amazing. It was a bit challenging for my lower level magic based party but the plot, dialogue, and puzzle(s) were all great fun.

[ Wednesday, March 30, 2005 12:48: Message edited by: GoatMan ]
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #13
I mentioned this in my rating at the Lyceum, but I think the Haakai minion of Putidus's should be renamed "Demon," to match with the other creatures in the room. "Haakai" is specific to Jeff's world.

Also, if you ever get the chance, the letter graphics would look better set in Roman-style type.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
First there was one section of wall in the castle that I could see through that I don't think was suppose to be like that. I don't have the x,y coordinates but it was just west of center L2 Castle Putideum between the blank oblisk and the two statues.
EDIT: Never mind. I figured this out. Will be fixed soon.

quote:
Second, I did not do anything to any of the bodies in the base level of the castle yet it still allowed me to finish the scenario, Putidus even mentions in the final segment that I sanctified the bodies or some such. Is there something that should be done to the bodies before you can go back upstairs?

This is a strange error. Well, that's what extra versions are for. Yes, you're supposed to go to the room in the northwest and dispose of the bodies.

quote:
Third, the silver key that is dropped after the final battle does it do anything beyond open the cell door?
It frees two people. That's really all.

quote:
Fourth, can you get past the dead bolted door behind Putidus' throne?
No.

quote:
Fifth I may have read it wrong but during the final cutscene I thought a saw Putidus say "sagacitas" instead of "sagacious" could this be a typo?
He uses a lot of Latin words. Sagacitas is one of them.

quote:
I think the Haakai minion of Putidus's should be renamed "Demon," to match with the other creatures in the room. "Haakai" is specific to Jeff's world.

This is already done in the version I have sitting on my computer. As soon as I fix the bug mentioned above, I'll release it as v1.0.1. (Also the J's and U's in the alphabet puzzle have been switched to I's and V's respectively, as you mentioned.)

quote:
Also, if you ever get the chance, the letter graphics would look better set in Roman-style type.
I have minimal control over the custom graphics, since I didn't make them and I have no artistic ability whatsoever. If someone wants to make fancy letters, I would gladly include them, but I certainly can't do them myself.

Besides, those letters are Roman letters; the room is not necessarily decorative, so the letters need not actually be decorative either.

EDIT: New version released, fixing the bugs mentioned above and correcting a bit of continuity.

[ Wednesday, March 30, 2005 14:25: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 4390
Profile #15
When I completed this scenerio, my characters mage spell and Preist spell skills where not returned to normal and they did not get their spells levels back.

Why?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #16
The scenario's for a level-1 party. If you followed the instructions in the readme, it probably took you 2 minutes to make it. It really isn't that much of a loss for you to just make a new one. You probably threw a bunch of skill points toward training in Thrown Missiles and First Aid as you gained levels, so your party's going to be a bit messed up anyway.

Besides, taking a party of Roman soldiers into other scenarios would mostly be bizarre and illogical. :P

[ Friday, April 01, 2005 18:26: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5619
Profile Homepage #17
Please Kel make me some scenario for high level party, this scenario is too easy for my level 60 party.......

--------------------
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #18
You should probably keep a number of different saved parties at different levels, you know. The High Level Party Maker makes it pretty easy to generate a few if you don't have any.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5619
Profile Homepage #19
I don't like cheating so I don't use the High Level Party Maker, but I will take your advice and start to play as a new party from scratch. But still I would be pretty appreciated if Kel make some challenging scenario for a high level party in the future.

[ Friday, April 01, 2005 19:53: Message edited by: Mr.knowitall ]

--------------------
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #20
I don't consider the HLPM to be cheating; it's simply a useful convenience. A party that's gone through the HLPM won't be any stronger than a party that's reached the same level by going through ordinary scenarios.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #21
Parties that go through the HLPM are weaker than regular parties. They do not get special artifacts from scenarios, to buy skills from trainers, get bonus skills from quests, get bonus levels for spells, etc. So it really isn't cheating.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #22
quote:
Originally written by Mr.knowitall:

But still I would be pretty appreciated if Kel make some challenging scenario for a high level party in the future.
Like, for instance, Bahssikava ?
Warrior
Member # 3241
Profile #23
Is it possible to finish this without lying?

--------------------
Visit the www.monkkonen.net and if you like, be the member of the forums.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by Bestrafer_fin:
Is it possible to finish this without lying?
Finish, yes. Kill Putidus, no.

The scenario has four endings, two of which are counted as "winning," one of which involves lying and one of which does not.

It's really up to you what you want to do -- lying may not quite sit right with you, but not lying surely has to leave you feeling unresolved. This is quite intentional.

EDIT: LP updated to v1.0.2. I'm now going to submit both Bahs (which I just updated, also) and LP to Spiderweb.

[ Saturday, April 02, 2005 08:18: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------

Pages