how to put on the head

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: how to put on the head
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #0
hi what i need is to know where do i go in the blades of avernum files folder to put this in

|
|
|
v
IMAGE(http://www.imageweb.info/images/xxD98404.pdf)

IMAGE(http://www.imagehosting.us/imagehosting/showimg.gif/?id=294404)

[ Thursday, March 03, 2005 17:31: Message edited by: me the master hahaha ]
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #1
That's a really nice graphic, but you're either going to want to use .PNG or split your image into multiple .GIF images, because as it is, your graphics' coloring is majorly distorted.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
Anyway, the answer to your question depends on whether you're using Mac or Windows.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #3
i am using mac os x and the resource editing tool i am using is the almighty ResEdit i just found this graphic at the louver and i am not going to edit it ;)

i found this one to i am putting it in next

IMAGE(http://www.imagehosting.us/imagehosting/showimg.gif/?id=295995)

[ Friday, March 04, 2005 07:47: Message edited by: hawk king ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
The file you want to muck with is Blades of Avernum Art in your BoA Files folder. BACK THAT FILE UP FIRST. Then open it with ResEdit and find a graphic that you want to replace and its associated other graphics (like, say, 1650, 1800, and the upper right-hand corner of 1680).

If you don't care about the "riding-horse" graphic, you can just delete 1650 and 1800 and paste in their place the pictures that you have (with the same ID numbers as the ones you replaced, of course, which you can edit via Get Resource Info in the Edit menu).

If you do care about the "riding-horse" graphic, paste 1680 into a paint program and replace the appropriate four slots with the "riding-horse" graphic. Then paste your resulting graphic back into the file and replace 1680 with that.

The head actually goes in the BoA Graphics file, as part of resource ID 904, which you will also have to edit in a paint program.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #5
thank you but i am having a problem whenever i try to open the image i am going to replace ResEdit says there is not enough memory to edit but it isn't true i still have about forty gigabits left on my mac what do i do ???
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #6
Select the icon for Resedit application. Bring up the Info Window (Command + I). Edit the amount of memory (RAM) that Resedit uses.

--------------------
My ego is bigger than yours.
Warrior
Member # 5415
Profile #7
Save yourself a couple of extra steps and paste the new graphics into the windows of the old ones when they are open for display on screen. Deleting the old ones, making new ones and then making sure the number matches the ones you deleted is just adding pointless busywork.
Cartographer
Member # 995
Profile #8
I must say, that's a nice graphic. a lot of the pictures are "optional" for NPC characters, though - you have developed so much graphic it could be used a player character...

but then the whole party would seem weird, including that one badass that everyone wants to be with a bunch of wimps :)

[ Friday, March 04, 2005 21:56: Message edited by: silver harloe ]
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #9
quote:
you have developed so much graphic it could be used a player character...

i did not make it i found it at the louver
Warrior
Member # 5531
Profile #10
Great job on the graphics. Hopefully they will be in a new scenario. :)

--------------------
Trouser Snake.
Mustakrakish.

Infiltrators? No. Agents? YES!!