I'm getting butchered. (A Small Rebellion)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: I'm getting butchered. (A Small Rebellion)
Apprentice
Member # 4265
Profile #0
I'm inside Stalker's Fortress, in the building you end up in right after you enter the portal in the destroyed magic lab. There are two ways out, but no matter which I choose my party is completely decimated within a few rounds. Any help or advice would be appreciated. I would prefer not having to resort to the character editor. Here is my party:

PC 1:Zander
Health:112, Spell Energy:N/A

This is my frontline warrior/tank. The Elite Guards can take him out in as little as two hits, though. Carries assorted magic items including Wand of Slowing, Wand of Acid, Wand of Lightning, and Wand of Fire.

PC 2:Vastin
Health:95, Spell Energy:N/A

A fighter/rogue. Not as powerful as Zander but usually is at the front as support. Carries some wands and scrolls, and is equipped with a bow.

PC 3:Cordelia
Health:73, Spell Energy:60

My cleric/healer character. Knows priest spells up to Summon Shade, and also Radiant Shield.

PC 4:Alazaar
Health:70, Spell Energy:57

Offensive spell caster. Knows mage spells up to Lightning Spray.

Zander and Alazaar are Level 17. Cordelia and Vastin are Level 18. Is that too low for where I am at? Or do I simply have to modify my strategy? I'm playing on the Normal difficulty level, if that matters.

--------------------
"The Fate of Norns awaits us all." -Amon Amarth
Warrior
Member # 4710
Profile #1
IIRC, there is another secret corridor to the northernmost section of the building you are in, which continues leading you towards Stalker. From what you have listed about your characters, you should not encounter too much heavy opposition as long as you don't exit into the main area of the rebel compound. If you're still having difficulty, you might want to try hanging back more in combat if you aren't already doing so, so that your magic users can help aid for a further duration before the enemy even reaches your two stronger frontline characters.

Oh, and I think you'll find that lightning spray will greatly help you in this area, so quenching some energy elixers when needed could change the outcome of the battle considerably.

[ Thursday, January 27, 2005 17:36: Message edited by: JMAN123 ]

--------------------
Life is short. Use a Mac.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
Most importantly, stay in the buildings as much as possible. Try to dash from one building to another in one round (haste your party, then have them all Wait for the enemies to waste their turns before opening any doors so that you get two rounds to do the dash). If you're outside, you're a sitting duck. You have neither the time nor the power to kill everything in town; don't try.

From memory, I think from the first room I headed northeast then curved around to the west.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 4265
Profile #3
Thanks. I'll look for the secret passage today. I knew there had to be an easier way of getting to Stalker that didn't involve crossing the courtyard.

EDIT:Found the secret passage and the rest of the scenario went smoothly. Fight with Stalker was easy compared to trying to sludge way through legions of elites.

[ Friday, January 28, 2005 15:15: Message edited by: Exodus13 ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3978
Profile #4
Bah, ye bloody pansy! You see a legion you SLAY it, dont you know that?! It's the Code of Adventurer's!

Rule one of THE CODE: Any and All Sidequests that do not result in negative effects greater than reward shall be completed.

Rule two of THE CODE: (Read carefully) All enemies encountered in need of slaying shall be slain promptly. Remember, your adventurer's, you dont work for Nextel or Microsoft, therefore you must follow rule 3...

Rule three of THE CODE: All slayings and sidequests must be completed promptly without making people wait more than 30 minutes for thier scheduled decapitation.

Rule four of THE CODE: Once you are made aware of a problem or any other type of non-normal event, you are bound by this code to solve/fix/resolve/investigate said occurence until any and all leads have been followed up on. Refer to rules one and two.

Rule five of THE CODE: You must emerge victorious from every scenario, you MUST WIN every battle. This rule is optional if you have already lost all your equipment and are in the process of bleeding to death in a corner while surrounded by 50 enemies all twice your level, in which case, Rule Two of the code comes into play and you are bound to eventually return with a new party and exact brutal vengeance via mass genocide butchering.

Edit: Okay so that's not the code of adventurer's, in fact the code of adventurer's just says "Fix all the problems and beat the scenario" but if I want to stretch it out over fix codes I can do that....right? :P

Note: The Code of Adventurer's is an existing oath which was taken by all adventurer's graduating from a certain guild in Europe, back in the Dark Ages.

[ Tuesday, February 01, 2005 09:23: Message edited by: Solodric ]
Apprentice
Member # 4265
Profile #5
Yeah, but I go by the "Code for Adventurers Who Suck At Adventuring." It goes something like this:

RULE ONE:Fight only after you've exhausted all other options.

RULE TWO:Do whatever it takes to avoid difficult combat, even if that means using the cheap enter/exit battle cheat just outside the room with the statues in the Za-Khazi Run.

RULE THREE:Don't be afraid to take your 20 level party fresh out of the Za-Khazi Run and into, say, A Perfect Forest.

(v^.^)>|===>
Warrior Kirby says:My code pwns your code.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3978
Profile #6
Your code gets it booty kicked by my code, because my code produces warrior with huge amount of EXP that tear apart your warriors and burn down your guild. So be pwned, f00!
Warrior
Member # 3978
Profile #7
I mean, cmon! I was playing a SINGLETON and I pwned dem foo's! Seriously, they give great exp.
Apprentice
Member # 5488
Profile #8
If you have trouble, leave the scnario or train outside. If still, go to the editor and add exp.

--------------------
I wonder how the people can live in some games without using the bathroom commonly or drink any water? They don't change their clothes much, even if they get wounded... Life is a mystery...
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #9
And if it's not enough, use the High Level Party Maker, who's a better alternative than just cheat. :)

It's a nice tool for newbies who can test their party in the arena, or just to be a little bit stronger when you're getting dismembered in a scenario !

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Discworld, The Colour of Magic
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #10
Exodus- So, have YOU defeated Lyfan yet? :P

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #11
Don't taunt the poor boy.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 4265
Profile #12
What/Who is Lyfan?

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #13
Lyfan was a baddie in Emerald Mountain, totally indestructible for any reasonable party in that scenario.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #14
Lyfan ahhh I hated him, so unreasonably powerful. Oh the number of times I failed to end his exsistence with my pitiful party :(

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.