Beta-Call for Bahssikava

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Beta-Call for Bahssikava
Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #75
In the Library, the armor dropped by the white slith in the dark alter area has an icon that is a combination of tow pots of silver coins and a sword, with the central line in the sheet of icons visable.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #76
For the umpteenth time, actual bug reports should be in e-mail form, not posted here, unless it's something that actually stops you from playing. I like having my comments all in one place (ie in my mailbox), because having to search over AIM chatlogs, old posts, and my e-mail is more tedious than just having to check e-mail.

At any rate, you should only get the hard zap if you're not in combat mode. You were warned to enter combat mode when you approached that area. If you're getting this zap while you're in combat, there's a bug and I would like to know exactly what you did to cause this. Otherwise, enter combat.

The thing about losing your HP when saving is completely bizarre, and unless others are experiencing it, I think it is unique to you and there's not much I can do about it.

I haven't been able to reproduce the special characters in Legare's speech in Gnass in the second cut scene, although I've heard reports. Can anyone tell me exactly when it occurs?

EDIT: And there are no white sliths in the entire scenario. The slith ghosts in the library in Ancient Bahssikava near the summoning altar are green, blue, or red. Where are you, and what on earth did you do?

[ Tuesday, January 18, 2005 16:12: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #77
One that stops me from playing (others en route via email): I'm getting an Unhandled Exception error in Ancient Bahssikava in what is described as a home. After I opened the door to the wrecked room (west of the enterance to the home) and I returned to the main home area to look around before entering the rest of the home, I started getting the errors after moving two spaces. When I saved after moving one space, it crashed again. I atemted to restart the program, and the computer. Neither helped.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #78
I'm trying to figure out what's causing this, but I don't see anything in the southeast home in AB that immediately jumps out at me. I'll look further and edit this message, though.

EDIT: Nope, no clue. Does it happen when you move in any direction? Do you have an old save file that you can reload so that you can re-enter the town and see if it happens again?

[ Tuesday, January 18, 2005 18:09: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #79
No, but I'll work on trying the whole thing again since I'm not really that far into it. You got my additional bug reports?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #80
Dastal, I can't help but think it's starting to sound a lot like you somehow got a corrupted copy of the scenario. Kel, maybe you should resend, or upload a known good version?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #81
Dastal, if you continue to get weird errors like this, I'm going to suggest that you wait until the next version (likely to be the last beta, possibly the release) before you continue.

I'm hoping that everyone is progressing well in the scenario. I'd like to have your comments by the end of this weekend, if possible. I'll try to start serious work on fixing the remaining problems on Sunday.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #82
Kel, first off, I finished it when I restarted.

Second, this was an AMAZING scenario. While there were a few bugs, I think this was by far the best scenario I've ever played, possibly including A1-3. While I would have prefered it a bit longer, I can understand why you stopped when you did. While you may have been missing some of the technical flash in certain areas, I think you more then made up with it in the plot. The fights were hard (at least for a singleton), though the hardest one for me was the one with the Demon Golem just cause my singleton kept getting paralyzed and put to sleep. Anywho, bug report should be en route. Again, simply superb!
Apprentice
Member # 5339
Profile #83
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

DAMMIT

I figured out the problem. The new wallset doesn't have windows, which I used with the old wallset. Open the scenario in the editor and change wall 2 sheet from 607 to 603, and it should be fine.

Sorry about that, guys.

i'm sorry, i'm not familiar with the editor. Can someone tell me exactly what to do to change this?
Thx
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #84
Open the scenario editor. Go to the File menu and choose Open. Select the Bahssikava .bas file, called slithhome.bas. Choose Edit Town and then Load New Town, and enter town 14. Go to Town Details in the Town menu. The wall 2 sheet box is on the left side.

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 5339
Profile #85
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Open the scenario editor. Go to the File menu and choose Open. Select the Bahssikava .bas file, called slithhome.bas. Choose Edit Town and then Load New Town, and enter town 14. Go to Town Details in the Town menu. The wall 2 sheet box is on the left side.
Ok thx. I found the wall 2 sheet, but if i wont to save i get an error(number 101)
the box also mentions file name that could not be deleted: slithhome.bas
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #86
I don't know why that would be. Are you changing the sheet to 603 and not just deleting it?

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 5339
Profile #87
This is what I do:
File=> open scenario
slithhome.bas
scenario=>edit town
town=>load different town
pick town to edit : 14

town details: Appearance settings=>Wall 2 sheet 603 ok
then i save scenario and an error appears in box:
The program encountered an error while loading/saving/creating the scenario. To prevent future problems, the program will terminate.Trying again might solve the problem(not)
I press done, and then another error box pops up
file name that could not be deleted
slithhome.bas
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #88
Weird. Anyone else experience this? If not, then I might just have to send you the next version, which will either be the release version or the final beta.

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #89
Hmm. Couple of things:

Did you have BoA open with a party actually in the scenario while you were using the editor? That could potentially lead to misbehaviour.

Is the scenario file (that is, slithhome.bas) locked, protected by access privileges, or otherwise uneditable? Can you make other edits and save without bad things happening?

[ Sunday, January 23, 2005 14:32: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 5339
Profile #90
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Hmm. Couple of things:

Did you have BoA open with a party actually in the scenario while you were using the editor? That could potentially lead to misbehaviour.

Is the scenario file (that is, slithhome.bas) locked, protected by access privileges, or otherwise uneditable? Can you make other edits and save without bad things happening?

I did not have BoA open while using editor. I can indeed not do any other edits and save without the same error message appearing. I tried in windows to change the read only setting of slithhome.bas, that worked, but still same error in editor.
Warrior
Member # 5289
Profile #91
I don't know why the editor cannot delete the original "slithhome.bas", if it is not set to read only.
But at that point, the new data file is made as "slithhome.bat" (wow, what an extension). The editor is going to delete the original(*.bas) and rename new data(*.bat) to *.bas
Thus, move the original "slithhome.bas" elsewhere and rename "slithhome.bat" to "slithhome.bas" manually.
Preserve the original "slithhome.bas" until you are sure you could successfully make the revised one.

--------------------
Project: BoA Editor Remake on SourceForge.net
supports "3D BoA Editor" (Mac and Win), and creates advanced BoA Editor.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #92
Okay, since I sent out the latest version of the beta on the 13th, I have received full reports from:
Toast
Timber-Wolf
Thuryl
Dastal
Benjamin

and partial reports from:
Mako
Simo Lehtinen
TM
Pascal

I'm assuming that UA and dreamqueen didn't actually get the scenario, since gmail and hotmail rejected it.

I have heard nothing this time around from:
Sboto
Eagle1
JStafford
Zxquez

Anyone who sent me a partial report or nothing, I'm working on fixing the last few bugs right now, and I'll probably do a final run-through on the new version on Friday (god willing). Send me whatever you've got as soon as possible, and if you do more testing by Thursday, send me any additional comments by then.

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 5339
Profile #93
finished it, it was great.
I have sent you my report, kelandon
Shock Trooper
Member # 565
Profile #94
i definitely didn't get the email, rotten hotmail :(
guess i'll just have to wait until it comes out now to play it :P

--------------------
If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and turn the damm thing on yourself!

people often tell me i've lost my mind, but i tell them i have to have one to lose it!

lions and tigers and bears, oh my!
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #95
Hotmail is the worst of the free email providers. For free email accounts, yahoo email is much better and more reliable. I have never had a problem with the free account I have there.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #96
Quick update: looks like this beta version is going to be the last. The next version will be the release, v1.0, so I don't need any more beta testers. Some people are still struggling their way through, and I apologize for being terrible about responding to your e-mail, but classes have hit me pretty hard lately, and I have had no more free time than is evidenced by my posting on these boards.

Anyway, I should be able to do some more work on Bahssikava at some point in the next few weeks and get a release out there. You're welcome to try to finish the scenario, but if you're completely stuck, you can either ask for help on this thread or wait until I release the final version, which will include a walkthrough.

Thanks again to all of you for your extremely helpful work.

--------------------

BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #97
When's the absolute final deadline? Classes could be worse, but scholarship apps and the FAFSA are absolute murder to my free time right now. I have some comments, but it ain't even close to my usual haul.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #98
I really don't know. I'd like to tell you something specific, but I just don't know.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 4566
Profile #99
Ummm... It's been about a week or so, is it done yet???

--------------------
samurai56:the video game guide you don't have to buy!

Pages