Beta-Call for Bahssikava

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Beta-Call for Bahssikava
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #50
To save Kel the trouble...

1) Bug already reported. Will be fixed.

2) Bug already reported. Will be fixed.

3) That puzzle was edited out because it didn't work. May or may not be fixed.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #51
Thanks, Thuryl.

With regard to 3, I'm leaning towards deleting the third puzzle entirely.

Okay, so far I've gotten full reports from TM, Toast, and Thuryl, and a partial report from Boots. If anyone else has anything, send me an e-mail in the next few hours, because I'm finishing up tonight and tomorrow morning.

EDIT: Well, I'm going to sleep. Tomorrow morning I'll send out the next version to a much broader group of testers.

[ Wednesday, January 12, 2005 23:15: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #52
Okay, I've sent out the next beta version. Here's what I sent and to whom:

Mac version:
TM
Thuryl
Boots
Benjamin
Mako

PC version:
Toast
Zxquez
Timber-Wolf
Eagle1
dreamqueen
Pascal
Simo Lehtinen
UA
JStafford

PC version NOT ZIPPED:
Dastal

Dreamqueen, I'm expecting Hotmail to reject the zip. If so, let me know how I should get the file to you. Anyone who gave me a non-Hotmail address in addition to the Hotmail one, I sent it to your non-Hotmail one.

These people I am holding in reserve just in case I decide I need to do another run:
Angry Ogre
Dahak
Tlittler

EDIT: Gmail and the two Hotmails rejected it. UA, Dastal, and dreamqueen, send me an e-mail telling me how to get the scen to you.

[ Thursday, January 13, 2005 12:10: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Warrior
Member # 3480
Profile Homepage #53
I get a error message everytime I go into the area with the boat in the demons, a screenshot of it is here

EDIT: Also in a lot of other places on that area as well

[ Friday, January 14, 2005 01:48: Message edited by: Timber-Wolf ]
Posts: 169 | Registered: Wednesday, September 24 2003 07:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #54
Interesting. This is a Windows error that I might have some trouble tracking down, since I'm on a Mac. If anyone can figure out why it happens (that boat isn't a custom graphic or anything), please let me know.

I'll try to check it on my own, too.

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #55
Well, that error usually results from either an illegal argument passed to a call or a terrain with illegal properties (often a wall of height 0). Since state 38 doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it, it could be something to do with your terrain.

On the other hand, if it happens in several places, it could well be something you're doing throughout the town, like the sounds. Maybe the Windows version doesn't like you passing negative numbers to the play_sound call.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3480
Profile Homepage #56
Ok, I found that it happens in these 3 places:
1.room east of the king of the imps
2.the room in the bottem right hand corner
3.the room with the docks and boat west of the room full of haakai

Im checking the other areas nearby now.
Posts: 169 | Registered: Wednesday, September 24 2003 07:00
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #57
Hi, Kelandon,
The problem with the error is due to an update at some point. I am getting the same mistake when trying to run through the scenario again. I did not have the problem with the errors in the previous windows version. Check the updated code for this area.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #58
As this is a Windows error that does not occur on a Mac, and since no particular state seems to be to blame, and since Alint comes up with nothing too, I'm pretty sure the code is fine, unless someone can come up with a specific error. (The negative sound thing is a documented feature.)

However, I did change the walls between the last version and this one. I changed wall 2 sheet to 607 (from 601) and the cliff sheet to 652 (from 651). I don't have any way to test this, but if changing one of those back fixes the problem, let me know.

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #59
I'm getting occasional crashes at seemingly random times with this version, and I'm on a Mac. It's probably some kind of memory problem. Arenax mentioned that it seems to occur when too many different terrain or floor types are on screen at once.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #60
Gah. I did a quick once-over right before releasing this version, but I guess I need to look more closely, because I've never BoA crash on a Mac before (except one or two really odd situations that don't seem related).

If anyone can get this to happen consistently on a Mac, let me know how.

I'll have time to look at this tomorrow, if not today.

[ Sunday, January 16, 2005 15:14: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #61
Apparent genuine bug that MAY account for one crash: if you look southeast across the river from the area with the boat, you can see a weird graphical glitch one space west of the wall hanging. It doesn't crash my BoA, but Mac graphic routines seem to be more robust.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #62
DAMMIT

I figured out the problem. The new wallset doesn't have windows, which I used with the old wallset. Open the scenario in the editor and change wall 2 sheet from 607 to 603, and it should be fine.

Sorry about that, guys.

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 5339
Profile #63
i got an error in the fight where your leader character dissapears. That is
in the first downstairs room under lost bahssikava.
This is the message i recieved:
t2 altar Error: Too many nodes used in line
359 Seems like you hit an infininte loop.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #64
I'm not 100% sure what's causing the infinite loop, but try replacing the ">" in line 294 with "!="; it seemed to work for me. Kel, it's a little complicated to explain, but if you take a look at that loop you should be able to work out what I think is wrong and why I think that's a fix.

Oh, and on a lighter note, that sequence was awesome. I like most of the other changes you made, too. I should have a second full beta report ready within 24 hours.

[ Monday, January 17, 2005 03:30: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5339
Profile #65
well i tried a lot of things in that section after i saw that error. The error didn't prevent the game to continue, but some weird things happened if I went from normal to combat mode and from combat to normal. For eXample: at some point, the lead character was teleported to the section after the boat. When all my other members where dead, i ended combat mode, and got stuck because the boat was on other side. But now i have already passed that section, after some trial and error.
Apprentice
Member # 5339
Profile #66
another thing that is strange: in the library to the south in the slith ghost part, you have 2 desks, and if i search them, they both contain 4 objects, but the third and fourth object appear through eachother. The images i mean.
5 min later: it appears with practicaly all of the items i trie to pick up. Very weird
1 min later: restarted the game, all things looked ok again.

[ Monday, January 17, 2005 04:09: Message edited by: jos ]
Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #67
Hey Kelandon, your email no likey my email. Anywho, you can send to d@st@l @t str@tegy pl@net dot com. Standard drill with email for spam protection.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #68
Sorry, Thuryl, but I completely don't understand the logic of changing that line. I've been looking at it for a while now, and I have to admit that I don't get it. Would you mind explaining? (Possibly over AIM, if I'm around?)

Also, under what circumstances do you get an infinite loop?

EDIT: After an AIM conversation, it looks like that's probably not the problem. However, I do see one way that you could get an infinite loop. If you open up t2altar.txt and find line 352. It's in state 32, where the first "while" loop begins.

Put in this code:
while ((i < 4) && (j == 0)) {
if (char_ok(i))
if ((char_loc_y(i) >= 39) || (char_loc_y(i) <= 22))
j = 1; // break
i = i + 1;
}
That should fix one of the problems that would create an infinite loop, which is that one would occur if a member of the party dies.

[ Monday, January 17, 2005 15:36: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #69
Last beta report and auxiliary email sent. I'll have limited internet access and no BoA access until Friday, so depending on how soon you send it out and how soon you need a response, I may or may not be up for a third beta round.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #70
Thanks, Thuryl.

Due to a bug reported by Thuryl, all of you should replace t21Galthrax with the one available for download here.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #71
I gotta say Kel, while I'm not sure how the others feel, I think the lighting-thing on the second level of the dungeon is pretty devestating, especially to singletons. My maxed out singleton nephil (that is, all stats all the way maxed out) gets murdered. At just under 700 damage a pop, I can't even heal fast enough to keep up. I'm going to try it with an invincibility potion in a few minutes, but that dude is deadly.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #72
I have no idea what you're talking about. Which dungeon? What "lighting" thing?

And why the hell are you beta testing with a maxed-out singleton? You're not UA.

[ Tuesday, January 18, 2005 13:21: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #73
Given that he's using a singleton, he probably means the self-attacking thingie in Tunnels. Its power is proportional to the power of your character. If you use a more reasonable PC it'll be easier.

Oh, and the damage stops once you find and sanctify the altar in the middle of town. Just, um, watch out for the boss.

[ Tuesday, January 18, 2005 14:17: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #74
It's not the fact that I'm attacking myself (I don't think), but there's something on a ledge in the middle of the path that does it. The damage is "you leading member gets blasted baddly." In addition, there seems to be a bug where I loose all my hitpoints when I save. Durring the cutscene exposition on the Exile of Legare (the scene in Gnass in the cutscene following the first return to the fort in Bahssikava), In certain points an O with a tilde is used instead of some character. I think it may be a dirrectional apposrophe.

[ Tuesday, January 18, 2005 15:48: Message edited by: Dastal ]

Pages