Hey Look, I'm playing Subterra!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Hey Look, I'm playing Subterra!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #0
And I must say it's pretty good. My complaint: I'm running on Windows XP and am having problems with a couple features. For one (and by far the most annoying) I can't exit a level. I hit F10 a dozen times, escape over and over, and any other key I can think of-- nothing.

Next problem: whenever I minimize the game it promptly crashes when I bring it back up.

Any suggestions would be nice. These errors are occuring in both Subterra and Subterra 2.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #1
quote:
Originally written by National Champion UF Gators-- Again:

And I must say it's pretty good. My complaint: I'm running on Windows XP and am having problems with a couple features. For one (and by far the most annoying) I can't exit a level. I hit F10 a dozen times, escape over and over, and any other key I can think of-- nothing.
XP Pro or Home? I run the former, and have hit no such problems of the sort. Try running them in compatibility mode for an earlier version of Windows, and see what happens.

Other then that, the standard re-download/reinstall comes to mind. But then again, why would it affect both 1 and 2? It sounds more like a local conflict with something on your computer

quote:
Next problem: whenever I minimize the game it promptly crashes when I bring it back up.
Just don't minimize it. I too have hit that problem.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #2
I think Radiant's known about the minimizing problem for a while, and the fact that he hasn't fixed it probably means he doesn't know how. The problem happens with me too.
Master Jeweller
Member # 409
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by The Stew Boy:

I think Radiant's known about the minimizing problem for a while, and the fact that he hasn't fixed it probably means he doesn't know how. The problem happens with me too.
Indeed. Sorry about that. I've never heard of a F10 problem, though; does Windows use that key for something else these days? And if so, why? Perhaps it has something to do with your keyboard setup?

--------------------
Pieter Simoons, aka Radiant

Official Crystal Shard and SubTerra webpage
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #4
Well F10 is the spellcheck hotkey on my keyboard, but all the F#s have shortcuts assigned them and F10 seems the only one not working, I know that F1 works to bring up the help file.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #5
Is F10 working outside SubTerra?

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #6
Well it works for calling up spell check in text documents, and that's the only thing I know it's used for.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #7
I have XP Home, and have no problems with F10. Since you said F10 is used to call up a spellchecker, you may want to close out all programs that use it before running SubTerra.

As for the minimizing problem, the only workaround I've found is not minimizing.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #8
I also have no problem with F10 in XP, so I'll just repeat the suggestion to disable the spellcheck mapping for that key.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #9
OK I figured it out, although it was such a stupid problem that it took an outsiders perspective to figure it out.

I had F Lock on (Who knows why) and after complaining to my dad about how F10 wasn't working, he figured it out. It works now, although I don't know why the shortcuts were still working when F Lock was on.

--------------------

Master Jeweller
Member # 409
Profile Homepage #10
What is an F Lock, anyway?

--------------------
Pieter Simoons, aka Radiant

Official Crystal Shard and SubTerra webpage
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #11
I've never heard of it either. My guess is that it's a key similar to "Caps Lock" or "Num Lock."

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #12
It's only on a particular kind of Logitech keyboard, I think. I have one.
On such a keyboard all the F-keys have a different commands assigned to them, eg New, Reply, Forward, Send, Undo, Redo, Save, My Computer, My Documents, etc.
The F-lock key determines whether these keys apply to these commands or not.