Possibly the wrong forum but......

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Possibly the wrong forum but......
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #0
Does anyone know how I can regiseter or get the full version of Homeland The Stone Of Night?

(Mods: you may lock/move this topic but have the kindness to answer my qustion first PLEASE)

--------------------
The force is with ME! I'm not so sure about YOU!

Never trust a man who can say "Pickles" with a manic gleam in his eye.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #1
Why?

And this is the right forum.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Nija_Halycron:

Does anyone know how I can regiseter or get the full version of Homeland The Stone Of Night?

Your best bet is to e-mail Jeff (spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com) and ask. I know it's still possible to register RW games, so it might also be possible to register Homeland.

Nioca, and to answer your question, because Homeland is no worse than Runescape, and Runescape has hundreds of thousands of players.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #3
I was told that RW didn't design Homeland.

(Prepares arsenal just in case)

And thanks alot.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #4
By the way, should you ever get stuck or simply want to know where you can find a spell or some other stuff, you can send me a PM or an e-mail. As far as I know, I'm the only one on these boards who owns Homeland (and admits it, in any case).

[ Friday, April 27, 2007 09:06: Message edited by: The Lurker ]
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
RW didn't design Homeland, but this forum is as good as any for discussing the red-headed stepchildren of Spiderweb, or rather the red-headed adopted children of Spiderweb.

—Alorael, who thinks SubTerra is more like a godchild. Yes, it's Spiderweb-associated, but its creator still exists and takes responsibility for it. It's also actually fun.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #6
I love the music for Homeland.

So how exactly could I get it? Could it be got from a site?

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
red-headed stepchildren
I believe this mental image is a better fit if we discuss the hair of Homeland and Galactic Core:

IMAGE(http://www.kingston.ac.uk/~ku33185/medusa.jpg)

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #8
quote:

Someone once asked the same question on the Dragonlore boards, and Steven J. Morris replied :

"Unfortunately, the music had to be converted to a format called "stm" rather than straight midi, so you can't just pull it off the demo. I've got the original midis at home, but you should probably ask the author of the music if its ok to use it however you intend. I don't have his email address in front of me, but I'll send it to you when I get home tonight, and you can ask him yourself (its ok with me)."

That means that your best bet is to e-mail Steven J. Morris at sjmorris@dragonlore.com and ask him for a way to get in touch with Larry Mc Cormick. Note that you might not able to get the opening theme, as it was made by Justin S. Ohlander.
Oh, and you may want to ask Steven about the 'Wizards of Light' theme as well, as he made it himself.

[ Saturday, April 28, 2007 00:07: Message edited by: The Lurker ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #9
I think I accidently diluted the point I was asking.

I meant if Homeland could be gotten somewere.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #10
This might be a good place to start.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #11
Nioca, I think he/she already has the demo. Otherwise, how could he/she like the music?

Read Zeviz's post again - ask Jeff Vogel if you can order it.
Warrior
Member # 6002
Profile #12
Funny, the general consensus is that Homeland:TSON stinks on ice, with terrifically horrible music, graphics, combat, plot, and just about everything else. It's riddled with every type of bug. You might playing or paying for ANY other CRPG out there, be it the Elder Scrolls series, NWN, Ultima, Might and Magic, or Jeff Vogel's games for that matter. Ironic thing, life is. ;)
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

quote:

Your best bet is to e-mail Jeff (spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com) and ask. I know it's still possible to register RW games, so it might also be possible to register Homeland.

quote:

quote:

I think I accidently diluted the point I was asking.

I meant if Homeland could be gotten somewere.

Nija_halycron, what is the point of asking the question if you don't bother to read the answer?

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by Verelor:

Funny, the general consensus is that Homeland:TSON stinks on ice
True (sadly).

quote:
with terrifically horrible music, plot

Actually, people don't seem to hate the music as much as the graphics or the gameplay. As for the plot, most Spidwebbers have never played the game for more than five minutes and do not have a clue what the plot is really about.

quote:
It's riddled with every type of bug.
Now you're clearly just trolling. The only bug I know of in the demo occurs in Maglius' tomb, and most players probably won't see it. The full version only has one major bug which you are extremely unlikely to encounter, and it was mentioned on the Spiderweb Homeland webpage.

[ Monday, April 30, 2007 07:58: Message edited by: The Lurker ]
Warrior
Member # 6002
Profile #15
Well, what I wrote about Homeland is mainly based off of my my own experience (about 3 hours) with the game, and, I admit it, what others have said about it. At any rate, it's an oddball game not worthy to be paid for when true CRPG classics are so numerous.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #16
quote:
Originally written by Verelor:

Well, what I wrote about Homeland is mainly based off of my my own experience (about 3 hours) with the game, and, I admit it, what others have said about it. At any rate, it's an oddball game not worthy to be paid for when true CRPG classics are so numerous.
Heh, it's a matter of opinion.

Out of curiosity, though, I'd really like to know exactly how far in the demo most Spidewebbers get before they dismiss it as horrible.

For example, you claim to have played it 3 hours. That should be enough to finish the demo, if memory serves. So how far did you get?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #17
The rumor (wrong, I guess) is that there was a game-killing bug about halfway through that many people couldn't figure out how to avoid. This led to one of my favorite comments about the relationship between RW and Homeland, namely that RW couldn't have created Homeland, simply on the grounds that, while not everything RW created was a joy to play at all times, we at least have confidence that he could create a full game, which is not necessarily the case for Homeland.

It almost disappoints me to learn that Homeland actually is finishable.

[ Wednesday, May 02, 2007 20:01: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #18
Thanks for the clarification... I guess.

I wonder who started the rumor in the first place, and most importantly, what the bug was supposed to be. Of course, the "bug" may have been a lie made up by a dedicated Homeland-hater and probably never existed anyway.

Just so you know, near the end of the demo you have to fight a crazy skeleton mage (Maglius) who charges you when he first sees you. However, because Maglius' pathfinding AI is far from perfect, he'll occasionally get stuck on the way. This was the bug I mentioned, if it happens you'll have to reload, but it really doesn't happen often.