Galactic Core

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Galactic Core
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #25
Point taken. I would hasten to add, though, that nobody here would know anything about Richard White were it not for his shareware games in general, and the highly disreputable Galactic Core in particular.

So I stick my nose up in the air and declare a tentative QED.

Also, I should've made it clear that it's only the "elite" corps of White Shock Troops who are mindless fodder to be used and disposed of. Everybody else is invited, nay, required to indulge in nonstop zanny brainy banter.

And as far as personal transportation goes — as I mentioned months ago, my mad scientist friend Dr. Thadeus G. Stasislaw Koenigsburg IX was working on building me a Deathcruiser. Well, I'm happy to report that he finished it ahead of time. (Or several years late, depending on how you look at things; he promised it for me a few Christmases ago, but then gave me a revised estimate of Christmas 2007. So it is very late, but also quite early.)

I'm going to take it out for a "spin" tomorrow afternoon. Anybody who wishes to come along is free to do so. Just activate your homing implants and I'll teleport you all up from your various and sundry nations as I circle the globe.

[ Sunday, October 16, 2005 21:29: Message edited by: Icshi ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #26
Shall we then travel around the world in however long it takes?

—Alorael, who has a prior engagement. There is going to be a street parade going past his house tomorrow, and... well, that is a lot of pedestrians. Carpe diem; waste not, want not; God helps those who help themselves; &c.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #27
Is this Deathcruiser anywhere near as good as a Polycon Genocide Cruiser? You can pack those things with ten Folders, plus a whole lot more miscellaneous weaponry that really just serves as space ballast because the Folders are so deadly.

Polycon is a great and free plug-in for Ambrosia Software's Escape Velocity: Nova. It's pretty much what you'd imagine getting if a thirteen-year-old kid who was totally blitzed on cheesy space opera happened to be rich enough to pay competent adults to program a game. If GC were a whiffleball, Polycon would be a water balloon, filled with naphtha.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #28
I absolutely love that image. :D Makes me want to fill water balloons with naphtha.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #29
Yes, Galactic Core is a wiffle ball by comparison, but it's an extra-dimensional wiffleball, filled with endless needle-ferret destruction.

--------------------
Important Information about Stuff
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #30
quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

Polycon is a great and free plug-in for Ambrosia Software's Escape Velocity: Nova. It's pretty much what you'd imagine getting if a thirteen-year-old kid who was totally blitzed on cheesy space opera happened to be rich enough to pay competent adults to program a game.
Mmmm. You tickle my tastebuds. I've started downloading it — it comes in like seven different segments, with each being more than 7 MB. Wtih my snailcrawling dial-up, it'll take me a few days to download them all, a couple here one day, a couple here the next day. Still, it sounds fun. Especially after the crushing disappointment that was EV Nova universe...

[ Tuesday, October 18, 2005 12:34: Message edited by: Icshi ]
Warrior
Member # 3870
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
Originally written by WST ben:

My relgionion is Christianity.
A relgionion is like any other onion, except you pray to it?

--------------------
"Toleration is not the opposite of intoleration, but is the counterfeit of it. Both are despotisms. The one assumes to itself the right of withholding liberty of conscience, and the other of granting it."
---Thomas Paine

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #32
"The SEPHIROTH of the HEAD "CHOCHMOH" and "Binah", being "the brain" of the body of the SEPHIROTH are all inclusive, and as such, must be perceived as a unit wherein is found a variety of a thousand manifold SEPHIROTH, equivalent to the changes of the seasons of the year. Thus, "CHOCHMOH" and "Binah", each of the two SEPHIROTH can be connoted as "ONE SEPHIRAH", and, on the other hand, can also be called a "thousand" SEPHIROTH together. It is for this reason that the Kabbalah compares the SEPHIROTH to "the layers of an onion". An onion may have a thousand layers, but it is still one onion."

—Alorael, who would like to thank www.kabbalah.info for this enlightening passage on religion and onions.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #33
I doubt RW could afford a rusty row-boat. Maybe a small dog, or a moped.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #34
You never know. He still cashes those checks from GC purchases. How much cash do you think that amounts to, and how much is a rusty boat?

—Alorael, who was under the impression that most small boats were wood or, on occasion, synthetic material. Among other reasons for such a composition, they don't rust.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #35
I'm sure a metal boat would prove cheaper than fiberglass and possibly wood.

--------------------
-ben4808
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #36
And old tinny is cheaper than a moped.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #37
Uh, if I say that I actually really liked playing Galactic Core, will I get raped by a mad goat or something?

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #38
I suppose we could dress Ben up. :P

[ Monday, November 14, 2005 23:33: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #39
quote:
Originally written by An error of type -13 occured:

Uh, if I say that I actually really liked playing Galactic Core, will I get raped by a mad goat or something?
Actually, we'll force you to rape a mad goat. But we can throw in your suggestion too :P

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #40
quote:
Originally written by An error of type -13 occured:

On the contrary, I could put in a good word for you with RW and ensure you are spared from the coming holocaust.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #41
quote:
Originally written by Order Mage:

Best game i've played yet. No, really. I think we should all worship it on a dialy basis and offer our body parts to it's greatness.

Thank you for reading another meaningless topic of alchohol induced spam.

The revival of this thread made me re-read first post - isn't OM around 15-16 now? Fairly young for drinking, at any rate...

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #42
He's European. They tend to start drinking by age 5.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #43
I'm European, and I didn't. :P

--------------------
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #44
Sure, there's beer in every supermarket here, and a popular item in the canned goods section is alcohol induced Spam (or as it says in the fine print on the label, "A ham and vodka product").

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #45
quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

Sure, there's beer in every supermarket here, and a popular item in the canned goods section is alcohol induced Spam (or as it says in the fine print on the label, "A ham and vodka product").
It is left to the reader to decide which of these two statements is true and which is not.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #46
It contains either ham or vodka, but we have to decide which?

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #47
You are confusing this product with Absolut Jambon.

[ Friday, November 18, 2005 00:04: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #48
Since the forum is gaining a new meaning as a place for actual discussion about games - eg Lost Souls - do you think this means the end of the White Cult? Or can insanity and semi-sanity and mediocrity co-exist peacefully?

--------------------
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #49
As official representative of White on Earth, I welcome the return of intelligent discussion about White's games.

Intelligent discussion and the White Cult will both semi-conduct… or rather semi-exist… if each's conduct exists in conducive counter-balance.

Or something.

You know. Separation of Church and Game. That stuff. But without the elimination of prayer in the middle of level 58 of Lost Souls.

Oh to heck with it. Separation of Church and Game whenever it suits us.

[ Sunday, November 20, 2005 16:56: Message edited by: Icshi ]

Pages