a new threat

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: a new threat
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #0
I was talking to god on the internet, and I ended up asking about the White Cult.
quote:
Me:What do you think about the White Cult?
God:
The opposite of black Cult.
What is this black cult? Since they are the opposite of the White Cult, they must be against everything we stand for. Are they ruled by a Richard Black, who is unchanging and makes extremely popular software? We must find out more before this Richard Black and his followers decide to reveal themselves, and it is too late.

[ Saturday, September 17, 2005 13:47: Message edited by: Error ]

--------------------
Important Information about Stuff
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
Some say Richard Black is another incarnation of Richard White. Others say he is but a heretic, a lowly member of the White Cult who left and founded his own religion, creating a schism. All that is known for sure is that nothing can be known about this cult, because its existence is mutually exclusive with that of the White Cult. Thus, in any given universe, if the Richard White Cult exists, the Richard Black Cult does not. Being omniscient, God knows that.

iGod (who you were talking to) does not though. He is a disciple of Richard Black (who doesn't exist, see above), and is trying to fool you. Don't fall for him.

I hope I made this clear. :)

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #2
They can't coexist in a single universe, but might it be possible that there is some other universe where Black exists and White doesn't? In fact, there might even be a good number of such universes. This seems increasingly likely, especially since rumors already exist about Black, and the presence of a disciple (iGod).
So, if we accept the possibility of other universes where Black exists (possibly as a horribly inverted version of White, or an antimatter one) what would the consequences be? They would probably never go to the same universe, as that would destroy them both, and possibly the entire universe, although you can't ignore that as a possibility.(Perhaps there is a univese with two Blacks, and one would force the other into our universe. If the universe isn't destroyed, Black could rule it from his universe)
However, they would be able to send over other things to attack us, such as thier twisted version of needle/ferrets, and whatever other sinister weapons they employ.
There might be millions of universes with Black instead of White,just a few, one, or possibly even none, but if Black does exist somewhere, it would not be a good idea to be unprepared.

Edit: I was interrupted before I could finish.

[ Sunday, September 18, 2005 09:03: Message edited by: Error ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
Richard Black

Quality of service? An opposite indeed!

Or, if you prefer...

richard black is a great asset to the neighborhood and to the city of lansing and is a shining
richard black is a chicago native son with the blues roots others only wish they had
richard black is a highly regarded printmaker who has made a significant contribution over the years to the arts in iowa
richard black is available for
richard black is one of the most respected cuemakers alive today and his work is flawless
richard black is a geographer whose work focuses on refugees and social
richard black is the author of the complete family guide to college financial aid
richard black is chairman of ecrm
richard black is john's father
richard black is the director
richard black is lecturer in human geography at the school of african and asian studies
richard black is the music minister at cedar lake christian assembly
richard black is a biochemistry undergraduate in his second year at the university
richard black is a general partner with opnet partners and the president and a director of luxcore
richard black is now in a new band called bourgeois pigs also featuring jake e
richard black is a managing partner of rbc capital partners technology fund
richard black is lecturer in human geography in the school of african and asian studies
richard black is director
richard black is also planning a townhome development in the benson park area
richard black is the general partner of opnet partners lp
richard black is the southwest drummer boy great
richard black is a jazzy rock number with a very tight rhythm section and flawless guitar work
richard black is holding kayak workshops at farmingdale high school pool for winter/spring 2001
richard black is a researcher at microsoft's european research centre in cambridge
richard black is the singer in that band and he's cool
richard black is also good neighbor throughout the year especially helping to shovel snow for the entire block during the winter and edge the walk for
richard black is up to these days
richard black is
richard black is not giving anything away at this stage and only names a squad to travel rather than a starting line
richard black is to name his side but it is expected that there shouldn?t be any enforced changes to the team
richard black is due for a parole hearing
richard black is now at the university of
richard black is director of the office of nuclear safety policy and standards at the us department of energy
richard black is vice
richard black is a doctor who only recently came to work at the sonderberg institute
richard black is an experience
richard black is an attorney with black & black law firm in morris

[Edit: Slash and hack?]

—Alorael, who must live in fear now. Trapped between White and Black! Two indomitable and forever opposed absolute forces for something and something else! Melodrama!

[ Saturday, September 17, 2005 17:02: Message edited by: Pi Times the Light of Heaven ]
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #4
Richard Black must have better credentials if he works at Microsoft. And shows his picture publicly. And he is verifiably alive.

Actually, if you think about it, a group of his fans would more appropriately called a fan club than a cult.

God was right, whattaya know. :)

--------------------
-ben4808
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #5
This is serious. I was just thinking, if there's also a Richard black, then there maybe also is a Richard yellow, or a Richard.... We must get in defensive positions, bring out the needle/ferret (if that's alright with the creator) and scissor/chickens (alias PTC's) bombs! We must wipe out this threat!

Alway wanted to say that :)

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Lack of Vision
Member # 2717
Profile #6
The Supreme Council for the White Revolution and Sunday bruch committee have instructed me via implants to assure fellow Cultists that the rumors of Richard Black are false and malicious slanders designed to separate them from the true path of Needle/Ferret and Ferret/Needle-dom.

Richard Black, as his name implies, represents the absence of light. Richard White (or Ricardo Blanco, as he is known in Spain), is the presence of ALL light. So the reverse universe hypothesis of Richard Black presupposes his existence, which, as can be seen by my first and second sentence, is untrue. Richard Black can only exist if nothing exists, which would immediately annihilate him. The resulting explosion would then flood the world with light, or "White", and restore the Cult order.

In fact, the members of the Supreme Council of Theology and Animal Testing have postulated that the event known popularly as "the Big Bang" was actually just Richard Black, up to his old usual tricks, annihilating himself.

Z

--------------------
Pan Lever: Seventeen apple roving mirror moiety. Of turned quorum jaggedly the. Blue?
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Zorro:

The Supreme Council for the White Revolution and Sunday bruch committee have instructed me via implants to assure fellow Cultists that the rumors of Richard Black are false and malicious slanders designed to separate them from the true path of Needle/Ferret and Ferret/Needle-dom.

Richard Black, as his name implies, represents the absence of light. Richard White (or Ricardo Blanco, as he is known in Spain), is the presence of ALL light. So the reverse universe hypothesis of Richard Black presupposes his existence, which, as can be seen by my first and second sentence, is untrue. Richard Black can only exist if nothing exists, which would immediately annihilate him. The resulting explosion would then flood the world with light, or "White", and restore the Cult order.

In fact, the members of the Supreme Council of Theology and Animal Testing have postulated that the event known popularly as "the Big Bang" was actually just Richard Black, up to his old usual tricks, annihilating himself.

Z

That's quite a relief, although that means I still can't succesfully test my PTC bombs.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
richard black is an experience
I believe this says it all.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Zorro:

Absence of light does not indicate absence of existence. His universe could be devoid of visible light without also bieng devoid of matter. However, that is not even neccisary, as his universe isn't what is black, just him. He might absorb all light and reflect none, thus making him pitch black. He could even be devoid of light in the sense that none reaches him, making him appear bright because of the reflected light.And this is just assuming that black is his state of light, and not a synonym for dark, evil, bleak, or one of the many other things black can mean that are independant of light.

[ Sunday, September 18, 2005 12:54: Message edited by: Error ]

--------------------
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #10
I'm afraid we've missed the boat, friends. The leader/object of the Black Cult must be not Richard Black, but ______ Black, where ______ denotes whatever first name is the opposite of Richard.

Few kids get named Anti-richard, so this is not an easy thing to figure out. It's a quest-for-true-name problem reminiscent of Glen Cook's original Black Company trilogy.

Doh!

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #11
Well, some of us seem to have trouble seeing the light as it is. :D

--------------------
-ben4808
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #12
Drahcir is apparently a common name in the world of internet monikers, and take a look at http://members.tripod.com/~Drahcir/! Drahcir and darkness. I rest my case.

—Alorael, who isn't sure how Drahcir Etihw relates to Richard Black.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #13
You'll notice that while the White cult and the black cult are opposites they probably aren't complete opposites. After all, they're both cults, and that implies at least some similarity.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #14
This is all blasphemy and I condemn any further talk of Richard Black. He is nothing of concern. None should speak of him without Icshi's direct approval.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #15
"richard black is vice"
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #16
I am aware. "Richard" is just what we shall call Mr Black for now, since we do not wish to blow up this universe and replace it by an utterly rubbish one by uttering his true name (even if we knew it).

However, there is a theory which states that this has already happened some time in the past.

Incidentally, the English pronounciation of "vice" corresponds to the German word for "white" ("weiß"). I smell conspiracy.

[ Monday, September 19, 2005 04:18: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #17
That's funny - I smell coffee. Of course, I am in the office.

I don't think we should be dissuaded by the "vice-white" pronunciation connection. Besides, if following RW is bad, then I don't want to be good.
Lack of Vision
Member # 2717
Profile #18
quote:
Originally written by Drew:

That's funny - I smell coffee. Of course, I am in the office.

I don't think we should be dissuaded by the "vice-white" pronunciation connection. Besides, if following RW is bad, then I don't want to be good.

I hereby declare that all taking of coffee that is "black" to be un-White, and therefore, un-Cool. Coffee is hot, after all, except when Stug, that half-mad ferret of a man forgets to leave the coffee pot on! Thanks a lot! We LOVE drinking uncarbonated cold water without butter.

Z

--------------------
Pan Lever: Seventeen apple roving mirror moiety. Of turned quorum jaggedly the. Blue?
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #19
Yes, the only coffees acceptable now are flat-whites... and maybe lattes.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #20
But by drinking the black coffee, do we not symbolically destroy the blackness? Or something? There's gotta be some kind of dispensation available, here. Putting milk in espresso is an abominable crime even by the unspeakable standards of the order.

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #21
I doubt the Richards care much what kind of coffee you drink. Only your interaction with Spiderweb and Chromite and, um, Microsoft.

--------------------
-ben4808
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #22
I disagree coffee is essential to truly appreciate RW or RB depending on your allegence.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #23
Richard Black is merely one of the infinite prismatic aspects of Richard White. There is no cause for alarm. There is no need to panic.

Everything is under control. Everything is as it should be. You are all quite, quite safe.

Do not be afraid. He's not going to hurt you.

IMAGE(http://www.primatesworld.com/images/monkeys.jpg)
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #24
Phew! What a relief! Now I can go back to chugging black espresso and worrying about the subtle onset of new forums.

--------------------

Pages