Would you rather play Homeland or...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Would you rather play Homeland or...
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #25
Not only does it exist, but they are working on Homeland II: the Song of the Void http://www.dragonlore.com/Homeland2.shtml

And I've heard that they are planning to make Homeland II as "special" as GC II, which is why it's taking them so many years to complete. (In fact, I might have been playing the beta of Homeland II. Must register Homeland... Must register Homeland... Must ...) :)

[ Monday, July 11, 2005 08:28: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #26
Just adding a little something to the torture:
Use 1-bit coloration while playing Homeland, put the audio system on full treble and low bass, make every fift? let?er un?eada?le and redo the text zo it have dobled speling an grammmar eror.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #27
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

they are working on Homeland II: the Song of the Void http://www.dragonlore.com/Homeland2.shtml
Good Lord! That is to say: Good Lord!

Expect a demo in 2002? And it features "cunning towns"? What might those be, praytell? Does the city itself attack you? Do the buildings pull bricks out of themselves and fling them at you? What the heck?

Maybe Homeland II isn't finished yet because nobody finished the first game, so it turns out the Devourer never was prevented from entering our world. We're all doomed apparently. How very sad.

Nobody told me the world came to an end! Typical. I'm always the last to hear anything.

EDIT: Hey, look at this:

IMAGE(http://www.dragonlore.com/Images/DopMorph.gif)

Pretty cool, huh? I found that on the Homeland II page. This is probably that Devourer fellow. Creepy. Almost made the trip over there worthwhile.

[ Monday, July 11, 2005 10:43: Message edited by: Icshi ]
Warrior
Member # 6002
Profile #28
I don't think they would be. If a suposedly epic rpg adventure itsn't a company's crown jewel, I don't know what is.
Warrior
Member # 6002
Profile #29
Goddamn, the series and company is freaking half-assed!!

On that page it says Super Shareware rated Homeland 5 stars. Either they mean 5 stars out of 500 or Super Shareware is a government project to ATTEMPT to give morbidly retarded citizens a chance to get into game reviews.

Btw, they HAVE released the Homeland 2 demo on the site under the alpha demo link. They do however warn you to "download at your own risk", which should be taken as seriously as possible in as many different ways as possible.

The "final" version of Homeland has been distibuted on the SW site for years. What the fruit is final about not being able to finish the game!

If you try to go to their forum it doesn't even work. Mind you, this is absolutely intentional that they did this, since their message board was certainly a daily insult room and Dragonlore no longer wanted their single crappy game being correctly and fairly judged.

As for Eagle's suggestion: get away from me, you little skinny sadist!!

Finally: that transforming pic is not THe Devourer. It is a Changeling. Check the manual for yourself and see.

[ Monday, July 11, 2005 11:41: Message edited by: Verelor ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #30
I very much wanted to read the review that gave this thing five stars, but apparently supershareware.com is no more functional than Dragonlore at this point. They claim their new site will soon be operative, but I think it will be out at around the same time as the full version of Homeland 2.

I cannot begin to express how excruciatingly pathetic this is.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #31
IMAGE(http://www.dragonlore.com/Images/LizardWalk.gif)

Note what it said here:
quote:
Homeland: the Stone of Night is an exciting new fantasy role-playing game for Windows 95/98/NT. Homeland features beautiful 16-bit 3-D graphics, an intricate plot, and a huge world filled with cunning towns, forests, caves, islands, and dungeons. Its party-based system allows extensive control over character development, and the real-time combat keeps the game moving swiftly.

See. It says that Homeland: The Stone fo the Night features "amazing graphics etc.", see what it says for Homeland II:

quote:
Homeland II: the Song of the Void is an exciting new fantasy role-playing game for Windows 95/98/ME/2000. Homeland II features beautiful 16-bit 3-D graphics, an intricate plot, and a huge world filled with cunning towns, forests, caves, islands, and dungeons. Its party-based system allows extensive control over character development, and the real-time combat keeps the game moving swiftly.

Homeland II: The Song of the Void is currently under development. A demo version should be released in early 2002.

It says practically the same.

I mean, the description of both games seems good, but as I've played Homeland before, and nealry turned into a Zombie hacking at sankes (of all things), I know that descriptions can be misleading.

Who knows... Homeland III may be out in 2003, with Homeland IV following in 2004. ;)

- Archmagus Micael

[ Monday, July 11, 2005 12:49: Message edited by: Archmagus Micael ]

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Warrior
Member # 6002
Profile #32
What's worse, 95% of the purely advertisal description is blatantly false. The true and totally undebatable description would be the following:

Homeland: The Stone of Night is an excitingly old fantasy role-playing game that may work partially on Windows 95/98/ME/2000. Homeland features hideous 16-bit 2-D graphics, a plot, and technically a world that may cotnain more than two of the following: towns, forests, caves, islands, and dungeons. Its party-based system allows the feature of a lil doggie, and the real-time combat keeps the game moving so swiftly that you won't even be able to keep up!

[ Monday, July 11, 2005 13:14: Message edited by: Verelor ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #33
A comment: Avernum's turn-based combat and movement keep the game moving much more swiftly. That is why I object to real-time.

—Alorael, who supposes part of the problem is that the seconds seem to drag impossibly when every moment is a century of pain. But hey, Homeland's graphics are actually perfectly acceptable.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6002
Profile #34
I haven't played the game myself in years. I do not wish to reopen old bad memories. Though even i am sometimes tempted to try the game again for no apparent reason.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #35
quote:
Originally written by Verelor:

that transforming pic is not THe Devourer. It is a Changeling. Check the manual for yourself and see.
That's not the Devourer? Well then, how about this guy?

IMAGE(http://www.dragonlore.com/Images/KalebFigit.gif)

I'm sure he would devour anything you give him! :P
Warrior
Member # 6002
Profile #36
I don't know about devouring, but he does have the fascinating ability to be really cute yet useless in combat in any way.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #37
DragonLore must havea a community of people that actually like the game in order to be ambitious enough to start work on a second one.

--------------------
-ben4808
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #38
http://www.gamegirlz.com/previews/games/homeland.shtml

Not the Super Shareware preview, but equally inconsistent with reality.

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #39
quote:

I don't know about devouring, but he does have the fascinating ability to be really cute yet useless in combat in any way.
I wonder if there's a "pet the doggie" option during combat? Or maybe after combat is concluded, and that zombie has been torn to bits, there's a "toss the dog a bone" option? Does the dog gain experience based on how many bones it buries?
Warrior
Member # 6002
Profile #40
Not really. The website is essentially a vegetable at the moment and I expect it to never rise from the dead again. A company that created exactly one half-assed game that they expected pay for. Isn't that a heck of a legacy to have to say goodbye to? No, no it isn't. :P
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #41
quote:
Originally written by Icshi:

quote:

that transforming pic is not THe Devourer. It is a Changeling. Check the manual for yourself and see.
That's not the Devourer? Well then, how about this guy?

IMAGE(http://www.dragonlore.com/Images/KalebFigit.gif)

I'm sure he would devour anything you give him! :P

If that slovenly canine happened to be replaced by a delightful little ferret, Homeland would immediately become one of my favorite games. It's unfortunate that Dragonlore insists on being dogmatic (pun intended) instead of making the tiny, semi-radical change that would result in at least one more registration for their game.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Warrior
Member # 6002
Profile #42
Dragonlore is essentially dead, or in a coma at best.
Warrior
Member # 6002
Profile #43
Can't.let this topic die!

Did a mod zap the Just Say Yes topic, btw?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #44
Verelor, stop spamming. The GCC is just fine without bumping.

—Alorael, who will give away one secret and only one: the "Just say yes!" topic has become "Sag einfach Ja!"
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #45
quote:
Originally written by Electorael:

—Alorael, who will give away one secret and only one: the "Just say yes!" topic has become "Sag einfach Ja!"
Which sounds kinda dirty if you say it out loud.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #46
It wasn't easy for me to get that translation. I had just enough actual German of my own to recognize that Babelfish's 'gerechtes sagen ja' didn't sound quite right. (I believe it would be, roughly, 'the righteous agree'.) Fortunately the internet is so full of actual German that you can type rough guesses into Google and see whether any real German speaker has ever said them.

[ Thursday, July 21, 2005 18:12: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #47
It's not dirty. It's a direct and perfect translation of 'just say yes'. 'einfach' can be used in much the same way you use 'just'. 'Do just this' or 'say just that' = 'tu einfach dies' or 'sag einfach das'.

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #48
We still don't know exactly what we're saying yes to...

—Alorael, who is unable to translate "just say yes" into Spanish verbatim because, to the best of his knowledge, there's no one-word equivalent of "just" in this sense. Does anyone know enough Esperanto to give it a try?
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #49
Need-to-know again, I'm afraid, Alorael. If we were meant to know what we were agreeing to, our implants would have told us.

If you succeed, feel free to edit my first post to re-translate the subject.

[ Friday, July 22, 2005 06:52: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00

Pages