Geneforge (Crescent Stone-Bearing Creatures)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Geneforge (Crescent Stone-Bearing Creatures)
Apprentice
Member # 4140
Profile #0
I have looked in Drayke's Vale and Western waste for this Crescent Stone that is supposedly dropped by a shade. I cannot find this stone and need it for Shaper Crypt. I have searched both zones and killed all creatures and still no Crescent Shaped Stone. Does anyone have any info I may could use.

--------------------
Tracy
Warrior
Member # 4081
Profile #1
It's a random chance of getting one of the beasties. The crescent thahd is easier to get to (closer to the entrance), so try for him. You could just be having bad luck. Keep exiting/entering the area. - from Schrodinger

I don't know how use links so I just copy/paste

[ Thursday, March 25, 2004 17:39: Message edited by: blueman00 ]
Infiltrator
Member # 2628
Profile Homepage #2
It doesn't look crescent shaped - it looks just like every other rock in the game.

--------------------
We meet and part now over all the world;
we, the lost company,
take hands together in the night, forget
the night in our brief happiness, silently.
-- Judith Wright

My website
Posts: 512 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 4255
Profile #3
Tracyone, did you find the stone? We couldn't find it either ... until this morning. Out of desperation we went back into the Western Wastes via the Dry Wastes, and the first thing we ran into was this Speedie-looking Thahd. When we took him down, he dropped a rock. Picking it up, it was noted that it was just a rock, in a crescent shape, with markings on it. Voila! We had it. If you haven't found it, try going in again and just waiting by the entrance. Seems the Crescent Thahd gets lonely when all his cronies are gone, so he comes running ... if you are Lucky. :)
Apprentice
Member # 4140
Profile #4
thanks for the info, I will try that. I have killed everything that moves in both zones. Do you think he will repop?

--------------------
Tracy
Apprentice
Member # 4255
Profile #5
He did for us. It was a real surprise. :) We had just stepped in and he appeared as the first (and only) monster. =^..^=

Just appear, and then wait. "Hunting" might scare him off ... or not.

Hope you have some "Luck," that may have been part of it. Don't know for sure.

Have fun with it.
Infiltrator
Member # 2628
Profile Homepage #6
There's a random chance he will load when you enter the area (defined in the script for the zone).

As blueman said above, if he's not there you need to leave and then re-enter the area. Keep doing this and eventually he'll turn up.

--------------------
We meet and part now over all the world;
we, the lost company,
take hands together in the night, forget
the night in our brief happiness, silently.
-- Judith Wright

My website
Posts: 512 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4345
Profile #7
I have a question
What does that cresent stone do?

--------------------
"Damn Scots. They ruined scotland!"-Groundskeeper Willy, the Simpsons
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #8
Opens a door in the Shaper Crypt, as the first post in this topic suggests.

--------------------
Austrian Alex - Reality Corp.
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #9
Urgh, I get too many! I own 4 stones and my friend owns 8! :mad: Crescent Thahd reloads every time, grr…

--------------------
"The bad news is you and Latin music go together like chocolate ice cream and an onion."—Simon Cowell about John Stevens
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #10
Ditto. (RE: GF or GF2)

Not a smart move.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Apprentice
Member # 5899
Profile #11
I'm still a newbie (eg: have only been obsessed with the game for a couple weeks now) - so don't quote me on this... but it seems that if you're using the cheat "dbugkill" Thahd does not come back... at least not in the first 10+ exit/re-entries. Nothing does....

so I wandered around the entirity of both wastes and picked up every rock.... when i thought i had them all... I made the rounds again.... and wouldn't ya know it... the very last rock i found.. the cresent!! Thanks for the tips shared here!

[ Saturday, June 11, 2005 08:32: Message edited by: @)-'-- Rosie ]

--------------------
I want to stop. Stop playing games, live your live, step away from the computer and go outside. I just can't help myself.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #12
Well here's a thing about it: beyond the door it opens there's not much story or plot development whatsoever, but some ability upgrades and unique equipment (some of the best items in the game in fact). But its also the most difficult area in the game to fight through which makes it kind of pointless to get the items, since if you can obtain them then you are already strong enough to do anything else in the game without them.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s