Gif animator

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Gif animator
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #0
I need one where I can STAY anonymous, it's freeware, simple enough for an 11-year old to use, and is for pc.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Dance the Banned Dance
Member # 3052
Profile #1
I tried the download part, and it seemed like you didn't have to do anything requiring specific information. So try the site below. Hope it works for you. If it doesn't i'll search for something else.

CLICKIE
Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #2
I think finding one simple enough for this particular 11-year-old to use would be very difficult.

--------------------
desperance -- je me souviens
arena -- et je me souviens de vous
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #3
It has to be exe. My computer always opens zip files with paintbox, making them worthless bmp files.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Infiltrator
Member # 2628
Profile Homepage #4
Simple workaround solution (but doesn't fix the cause of the problem):

To work around that, you could open your unzipping program (winzip?) first, then open the zip file from within the unzipping program.

More complex solution (but probably better in the longterm):

Did you know you can change the program that a file suffix is associated with? You can change it so that clicking on a zip file will open your unzipping program instead of opening Paintbox.

One way to get to the file types menu is to open a folder. In the 'view' menu on the menu bar you'll see 'folder options'. Click on it. The third tab 'File Types' in folder options is the one to change which program will open files with a particular suffix.

It might be easier for you if you get help from a friend or relative who is good with computers. If you don't know what you are doing, you might end up associating more file types with the wrong programs.

--------------------
We meet and part now over all the world;
we, the lost company,
take hands together in the night, forget
the night in our brief happiness, silently.
-- Judith Wright

My website
Posts: 512 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Dance the Banned Dance
Member # 3052
Profile #5
Hope he didn't delete it! Otherwise he'd have to download it again. Anyway, can you download a winzip program? I thought you could, but i'm not sure cause I've never needed to.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #6
You can. There is a WinZip version available at the address below.

http://download.com.com/redir?pid=10161502&merid=50220&mfgid=50220&edId
=3&siteId=4&oId=3000-2250-10161502&ontId=2250&ltype=dl_elite_dlnow&lop=
link&dlrs=1&destUrl=%2F3001-2250-10161502.html

Edit: Dang. Link won't display. Address too long probably.

[Edit by Alorael: Browser sanity.]

Try this one:

Winzip Download

[ Monday, June 02, 2003 08:43: Message edited by: Alorael ]

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Dance the Banned Dance
Member # 3052
Profile #7
You know, that first whole link works, it is too long. You know, maybe that's why they have the second title part where you can anme it whatever you want to. ;)
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #8
Funny. When I last saw that post nothing, not even part of the link, was active. It was just code, like and stuff. Even when I edited it. Strange. :confused:

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #9
UGH:

Once, I accidentely opened a zip file with paintbox, and now my computer thinks I ALWAYS want to open zip files with bmp. In fact, all my downloaded zip files have been opened with paintbox! THEY'RE ALL WORTHLESS BMP FILES NOW!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #10
i can help you out, if you tell me what version of Windows you run on your computer.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Dance the Banned Dance
Member # 3052
Profile #11
If nothing else works, this isn't naturally the best technique, but it should work if you know how to do it, reboot your computer. That should only be used as a last resort, though.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #12
quote:
Originally posted by Infamous Wise Man:
i can help you out, if you tell me what version of Windows you run on your computer.
Windows 98.

And I'va already tried rebooting my pc.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #13
hmm... damn, i haven't run Win98 at home since i bought my new computer last summer. try right-clicking one of the zip files, then click 'properties'. there should be something under one of the tabs that says what is used to view the file, and left of that is a 'Change' button. click that and select Winzip.

if you can't do that for Win98, try Tools > Folder Options, then click on the File Types tab. scroll down till you see '.zip' and click on it, and you should see 'Opens with', then what it opens the zip file with, then the change button. again, click the button and select Winzip.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2628
Profile Homepage #14
Since posting my earlier post in this thread, it occurred to me that you might be using someone else's computer (eg it belongs to your parents or an older sibling).

There's no way I would have let my kids change a file's associated program on my computer when they were 11. When they were that age I always kept a close eye on what they were doing on the computer, and at one point I used a 'nanny' program to prevent my children changing stuff I didn't want them to touch. Perhaps you should ask someone else in your house to fix this problem and the other problem you are having with links.

In the meantime, to open a zip file you can just open winzip and then open the zip file from within winzip.

--------------------
we, the lost company,
-- Judith Wright

My website
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #15
that works too, but it's, well, tedious. and very few parents actually know how to fix these problems. obviously you do not belong in that group, Kyna.

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #16
You must have inadvertendly ordered your computer to use MS-Paint for zip-files. If nothing else helps, you can always repair everything by reinstalling Win98 and MS-Paint. I don't know if you've ever done such things before, if not, better ask someone to do it for you.

--------------------
Polaris
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #17
That really won't be necessary. All you have to do is double-click the "My Computer" icon, then open the "View" menu (near the upper left of the window). Find "Folder Options..." on the View menu (it should be at the bottom) and click it. This will open the Folder Options window. Click the "File Types" tab (it should be on the right). On the list, find an entry that says ".zip" or "ZIP file". Click on this, then click the "Remove" button. This will remove the association between Zip files and Paintbrush. Next, find a .zip file and try to open it. a little window will pop up asking you which program you want to use to open the file. Find your unziping program on the list or with the "Browse" option and hit "Open." This should fix even your problem.

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #18
Provided that's really all that's amiss. He complained about his browsers not opening links correctly in some other topic. I know one sweet young lady who delights in deleting programs by putting them into the waste paper basket, never using the uninstaller. By the time she asks for help, because of 'some small function not working properly', it's usually time for format:C. Now I don't say you are as bad as her, Zephyr. But she seems to have programmed my reaction.

--------------------
Polaris
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #19
NaCN: sorry to say, but you just repeated what i posted earlier.

ef: this friend of yours is just computer-inept. take it easy on her, heh.

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #20
It's already fixed, thanks to Wise Man. I removed the action "open" instead of changing it. All my zip files have been fixed.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Infiltrator
Member # 2628
Profile Homepage #21
quote:
Originally posted by Infamous Wise Man:
NaCN: sorry to say, but you just repeated what i posted earlier.

Before the above comment was made, I wasn't going to point out that I had already posted the same thing. Scroll back to 7.05am on 2nd June.

[End petty mode]

[ Tuesday, June 03, 2003 15:10: Message edited by: Kyna ]

--------------------
we, the lost company,
-- Judith Wright

My website
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #22
Yeah, but I thought I should post a nice, concise walkthrough complete with an explanation of what to do after he found the file association.

Now, since he says his zips are all better now, it's IMAGE(http://www.angelfire.com/ex/e_master/topicdeath.gif) please.

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #23
Be honest, NaCN. You don't actually care if the topic is closed or not. You just love that graemlin.

—Alorael, who is rather partial to it as well. But he will not lock the topic. It has not done anything to deserve dying the death yet.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #24
EM has created a monster...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.

Pages