Buddy

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Buddy
BANNED
Member # 2064
Profile #0
Will someone be my friend i don't have any... :(

--------------------
Don't expect the expected
expect the unexpected
if you expect the expected
I expect you will remain unexpected.
Infiltrator
Member # 2445
Profile #1
Yay! Group huggle! Just stop posting so many bloody topics and use some capitalization!

[ Wednesday, May 07, 2003 11:17: Message edited by: Smiler (: ]

--------------------
Aces off.
BANNED
Member # 2064
Profile #2
But i want a friend :mad:

--------------------
expect the unexpected
Warrior
Member # 2893
Profile #3
quote:
Will someone be my friend i don't have any...
Here? Or in real life? If you mean here, maybe you should stop asking for ratings, buddies, and such. Stop "spamming" other threads by responding with senseless posts that do nothing but increase the post count. I have not been in this group a long time at all but I have found these boards to be filled with many great people who have tons of advice and many experiences to share both in the game world and the real world. Post when you have something worthy to add/ask and try to use correct sentence structure (which includes capitalization when required) and please, please, please do not use this bizarre new form of instant-messenger-english.

Please do not get upset. I am not trying to tear you down, I am just trying to offer constructive help. Threads like this remind one of that annoying little brother/sister that just keep bugging you and never let up a bit.

Relax, be yourself, follow the above hints and you will make friends here.

[EDIT] An example of the posts I mean: Your newest thread expecting votes as to which moderators are our favorites. This does not help your search for a buddy. :(

[ Wednesday, May 07, 2003 04:13: Message edited by: Felwynne ]
Infiltrator
Member # 2628
Profile Homepage #4
Treating this as genuine and not as some kind of troll or that you may be spamming to get your post count up. (I have no idea why people do spam for post counts, anyway)

The best place to make friends is in RL. You sound like you might still be at school - does your school have any clubs that you might be interested in, such as a chess club, debating club, or something you enjoy doing. If your school doesn't have any clubs that you are interested in, try joining a group in the community that reflects your interests. Don't join to make friends, join to have fun. You may find by doing that you do make a friend who shares your interests. People are more likely to befriend someone who is fun to be around rather than someone who seems a little sad and lonely.

--------------------
We meet and part now over all the world;
we, the lost company,
take hands together in the night, forget
the night in our brief happiness, silently.
-- Judith Wright

My website
Posts: 512 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Warrior
Member # 2893
Profile #5
As a side note: How can anyone get to know you? You have PM turned off and your profile is not that descriptive. I was going to PM you as to not fill the boards with conversation between just two people. If you'd like PM me, turn yours on and we can go from there.
La Canaliste
DELETED
Member # 21
Profile #6
Seriously, I suggest you get onto AIM, where you can talk one-to-one or in small groups with people. Many people on the boards have it, as you can see from our post headings, and most are quite friendly really.

--------------------
KazeArctica: Oh yes.
KazeArctica: Oh YES
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #7
quote:
Originally posted by Saunders:
Seriously, I suggest you get onto AIM, where you can talk one-to-one or in small groups with people. Many people on the boards have it, as you can see from our post headings, and most are quite friendly really.
AIM? What's that, from what I know, it's a chatroom or something. Am I wrong? And how do I get on AIM?

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 140 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Warrior
Member # 2893
Profile #8
In case you're not kidding... AIM = AOL Instant Messenger. I believe it is also free just go to http://www.aim.com/ and download it. It is easy to use. Once you set it up, update your profile here so people know your AIM ID. Have fun.

[Edit] It is free. I checked.

John

[ Wednesday, May 07, 2003 06:11: Message edited by: Felwynne ]
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #9
Oh, I have that, but it won't let me register.
Probably because I'm not 13, I'm 11.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 140 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Warrior
Member # 2893
Profile #10
OK, you have it, that's good. Now, me being a parent of four, I would advise you to ask your parents about it for permission. But, you should know you can still have fun here without using AIM. All AIM really does is allow instant messaging. It is more like "real time email". I actually like forums like this or emails better as I can come and go and read/write when I feel like it. AIM is more like being on the phone, great if you're sitting there writing back and forth, but not so good if you want to post and come back later. A matter of personal taste I guess...
Infiltrator
Member # 2628
Profile Homepage #11
Am I the only one thinking there's an opportunity here for Order Mage and Zephyr to start PMing each other and maybe start up a friendship? (That's if Order Mage decides to turn PM on)

If you can co-ordinate timing to be online at the same time you could use the PM system to chat.

EDIT: Must stop making typos, or at least notice them when I read through before posting.

[ Wednesday, May 07, 2003 06:28: Message edited by: Kyna ]

--------------------
We meet and part now over all the world;
we, the lost company,
take hands together in the night, forget
the night in our brief happiness, silently.
-- Judith Wright

My website
Posts: 512 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Warrior
Member # 2893
Profile #12
quote:
Am I the only one thinking there's an opportunity here for Order Mage and Zephyr to start PMing each other and maybe start up a friendship? (That's if Order Mage decides to turn PM on)

No, you are not alone. I thought the same thing. I hope Order Mage reads my response about turning on the PM.
Infiltrator
Member # 1823
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally posted by Zephyr Tempest, The Mindwarper:
Oh, I have that, but it won't let me register.
Probably because I'm not 13, I'm 11.

Just say you're 13 when registering the thingy.

--------------------
Riot Shields
Voodoo Economics
It's just business
Cattle prods
And the IMF

I trust I can rely on your vote
BANNED
Member # 2064
Profile #14
Okay i will stop spaming and i turned on my PM so zephyr and me can be friends! :)

--------------------
expect the unexpected
Warrior
Member # 2893
Profile #15
Remember to check your profile to see if you get any PM's. You should have one now. :)
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #16
That's "Zephyr and I." :P At any rate, I would think that *asking* for friends is a good way not to make any. You don't ask for friends--they come to you.

--------------------
"Man hands down misery to man. It deepens like a coastal shelf. Get out as early as you can, and don't have any kids yourself."--Philip Larkin, "This Be the Verse"

Fear the wrath of the Grammar Wench, lest ye be cut down by the Glistening Scythe.
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #17
I don't have any friends (sob). Am poor and lonely...

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #18
Oh, come on. Anyone who pays attention to grammar is a friend of mine!

--------------------
"Man hands down misery to man. It deepens like a coastal shelf. Get out as early as you can, and don't have any kids yourself."--Philip Larkin, "This Be the Verse"

Fear the wrath of the Grammar Wench, lest ye be cut down by the Glistening Scythe.
BANNED
Member # 2064
Profile #19
I will be you're friend ruth don't cry... :(

--------------------
expect the unexpected
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #20
*bangs head against wall* YOUR! YOUR, YOUR, YOUR, [b] YOUR! [/b] YOUR friend! Not "you're!" "Your" is possessive, "you're" is a contraction for "you are!" I don't think Ruth wants anyone to be her are friend.

Nice sentiment, though.

--------------------

Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #21
Your overly worried about grammar. Its not that important to get all the word's in the right place. :P

--------------------
Grammar wenches beware:
This is the house that the malt that the rat that the cat that the dog that the cow that the maiden that the man that the priest that the cock that the farmer kept waked married kissed milked tossed worried killed ate lay in.

My Website
desperance.net - Leave your sanity at the door
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #22
:rolleyes: I don't get as upset about grammar as I used to. Maybe because Dolney's not around...

--------------------

Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #23
Actually, the mistakes I made there are ones that annoy me. Especially using an apostrophe for plural's.

--------------------
Grammar wenches beware:
This is the house that the malt that the rat that the cat that the dog that the cow that the maiden that the man that the priest that the cock that the farmer kept waked married kissed milked tossed worried killed ate lay in.

My Website
desperance.net - Leave your sanity at the door
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #24
Yeah, that's second on my pet peeve lists. Comma splices are higher than they should be for someone who didn't learn how properly to use a semicolon until eighth grade...

Wow, this is a pedantic conversation. Maybe TM was right.

--------------------

Pages