Hybrids Anonymous or How to Differentiate an Opaki from a Choirboy

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Hybrids Anonymous or How to Differentiate an Opaki from a Choirboy
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #75
I actually think Athron is a gender-changer too.

What? It's even almost maybe not on the ancient subject! So it's a justified comment!

X really hasn't been here for a while, has he?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #76
Not that I have *any* idea what Alec thinks he's doing, but still...

And why did no one point me to this topic when I brought it up in the Slith Homeland thread out in BoA land? While 75% of it was garbage, some of it was actually interesting. And it reminds me that I am, in some senses, *flouting* the most normal version of slith history for my upcoming BoA scenario.

Seeing the La Renaissance moniker is confusing, too. Was Alec an admin at one point? And then banned at one point? What is going on?

And now, at the end of this post, I realize I have said nothing. Oh well. I thought I had something to say, and perhaps I will remember it shortly.

--------------------
Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!! (The home of BoA's HLPM v1.1!)

Rate my scenarios!
Northern Kingdom 0: Prologue
High Level Party Maker
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #77
I don't believe Alec was ever an admin, and I'm not sure if he's even been a mod, but he has been banned once or twice.

--------------------
I'd be tender, I'd be gentle
And awful sentimental
Regarding love and art
I'd be friends with the sparrows
And the boy who shoots the arrows,
If I only had a heart.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #78
I have always thought, that slithzerkai were native habitants of the caverns like vahnatai, and that they lived in natural caves, and only recently started building forts and houses by themselves. They seem to have two major tribes, those ancestor-worshipping noble sliths, and those savage sliths.
About nephilim, I think they are travelling people, who don't establish towns of their own. Perhaps empire got mad at them because they were starting to move at human towns...

--------------------
Dont think that the glass is half empty or half full. Think that the liquid is not worth of drinking anyway.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #79
I've been told that Alec was a mod at one point.

I was just wondering, because La Renaissance's titles are Triad Mage (scratched out) Banned (scratched out) Veteran, which suggests that he was an admin, was banned, and then was unbanned. But if he was never an admin, then where does the Triad Mage bit come from, I wonder?

--------------------

Rate my scenarios!
High Level Party Maker
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #80
He wanted me to make him an admin while I was gone. I chose Zeviz instead.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #81
So why did he have the title, "Triad Mage"?

--------------------

Rate my scenarios!
High Level Party Maker
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #82
I believe the crossed-out Triad Mage in his title was designed as a humorous reference to Alec's stated aspirations for adminship.

I've also been told Alec was a mod for a time, but resigned from the position due to time constraints, or something along those lines. The banning, of course, was a product of the infamous "fagotville" fiasco.

--------------------
Stughalf

"The death-knell of the republic had rung as soon as the active power became lodged in the hands of those who sought, not to do justice to all citizens, rich and poor alike, but to stand for one special class and for its interests as opposed to the interests of others."- Theodore Roosevelt, 1903.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #83
The sliths may actually be used to building complex structures in their homeland. It's quite possible that the sliths banished to Exile/Avernum were all violent insurgent warrior and mage types with a smattering of disgruntled farmers and the like. If all the skilled laborers were happy without demons, the exiles could have been sadly lacking in the masonry department.

I would also like to let everyone know that the Freudian slip comment, old as it may be, was a bad pun.

?Alorael, who doesn't think this sounds particularly likely. He just wouldn't want to make any assumptions about the main sliths based on the refugees who were considered barbaric and evil.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #84
Well, in the southwest corner of Bahssikava Deeps, there are complex buildings that are "built in a very strange, angular style," presumably something quite different from human style and therefore developed independently from human style. The narrator adds, "While the Slithzerikai in your caverns all live in caves, the sliths who created this place were rather skilled architects."

At least some of the sliths who came into exile were used to constructing buildings. I assume that the sliths lost the skill over decades of barbarianism and warfare.

--------------------

Rate my scenarios!
High Level Party Maker
Warrior
Member # 4267
Profile Homepage #85
Here are my thoughts, according to the slits camped out at the gate to their homeland, originally the slith's were a very peaceful race, highly skilled in magic and smithery [and possibly science.] we can't really tell as to the exact levels of their former skills as all of the sliths in exile are descendants of a rouge faction. Chances are said faction may of been exiled for their violent nature [many of the sliths were near psychotic in comparison to the peaceful ones] and the demon worshiping may of come before or after the exile [before if you beleive the repentant sliths.] they wouldn't of been very skillfull at masonry [with the exception of ornate temples and other cerimonial structures, religion is very important to the sliths], because they didn't have to in their homelands sliths lived in natural warrens complete with warm water rookeries, and volcanic vents for heat, they HAD no reason to learn to build, most of their stone working skill as examplified went into cerimonial ornamentation.

As for the nephilim, their name hints that they are in a rather fallen state of affairs, and since most nephil unless lead by a near psychotic leader, an unbalanced self-aggressive mutant [nephar], or a human rebel seem to want to AVOID combat rather than seek it out. all of the nephil encampments seen are of a makeshift veriaty not nessicarily because they are "stupid savages" as people like to throw around concerning anything they don't understand, simply put building towns, tilling fields, and cutting mines and quarries takes time, a luxury that you don't have when your on the run for your lives. And most nephil "groups" had someone capable of smithing weapons, even the hidden encampment, [they themselves try to purchase iron and steel from you, showing that its not that they lack the skill but the materials.] and as for not having powerfull mages or priests. When the slith were outcast, they had time to regroup fully before attacking, it takes a supprisingly long time to restore your cultures advanced, even magical and spiritual when your culture is continually uprooted, nearly destroyed and then shipped off. [gods require special rituals, structures, and offerings, magic requires that you have the materials to cast it, the facilities and implements to teach it, and the time and tranquility to practice it.]

[ Tuesday, May 18, 2004 15:54: Message edited by: Ezzy ]
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #86
A very good post indeed!

Once again, I thougt Scorp was back...

[ Thursday, May 20, 2004 02:48: Message edited by: Black Griffon aka. StD ]

--------------------
For Ancelot
the ancient cross of war
for the holy town of gods
Gloria, gloria perpetua