The Oscars! (for Mad Scientists)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The Oscars! (for Mad Scientists)
Apprentice
Member # 10408
Profile #0
Here's a question:

If there was an awards ceremony, like the Oscars, but for Mad Scientists, what would some of the awards be?

The top 3 awards would probably be the Maddest Scientist of the Year award, followed by the Most Evil Madsci award and the Best Madsci Overall award...

...but what would be all the rest?

--------------------
Microsoft is like a herd of dragons with amoebic dysentery: massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it.

Death takes a holiday.

How not to do it: "Hi, Mr. Dragon. I've come to destroy you, so would you mind if I borrowed your Fireproof Skin Balm recipe first?"
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #1
Best supporting Igor.

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #2
Best Experiment
Best Evil Intentions
Best Evil Creation

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs and Scenarios!!!!!
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
Best Dramatic Monologue
Best Dire Imprecations
Best Maniacal Laughter
Best Use of Materials

—Alorael, who highly recommends a look at AIR for real-life mad, or at least somewhat misguided, science.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 10408
Profile #4
Alorael again? :D

--------------------
Microsoft is like a herd of dragons with amoebic dysentery: massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it.

Death takes a holiday.

How not to do it: "Hi, Mr. Dragon. I've come to destroy you, so would you mind if I borrowed your Fireproof Skin Balm recipe first?"
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by SoItBegins:

Alorael again? :D
Dude, as you can see from his postcount of almost 15000, he's the top poster here. You're going to run into him more or less on a day-to-day basis.

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Apprentice
Member # 10408
Profile #6
Did you know: Yesterday he had 14553 posts. I started up Avernum 5 for the first time, and my registration code is 14453.

WIERD!

--------------------

Death takes a holiday.

Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
The technical awards:

Best evil lab design
Best evil lair (castle, factory, etc.)
Best evil master machine design
Best evil costume
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Variant Mechanics:

Best Maniacal Laughter
Of course, you must realize that I'd win this award every year--or at least be in the running. One of the subtle joys of being able to laugh like a demon. :D

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #9
Best Kitten Drowner
Best Puppy Punter
Best Evil Minions
Best Dramatic Entrance

A'yup.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #10
Best downfall.
Best failure experiment.

We can't forget the entertaining side of mad scientists can we?

[ Friday, May 02, 2008 19:57: Message edited by: The Ratt ]

--------------------
Ornks, Guac, Gazers. 'Nuff said.
=:T:=
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #11
Best Evil Chair
Best Control Panel
Least Viable World-Destruction Method
Most Glaringly White Lab Coat
Best Method of Death

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.

Indeed, mortals, we envy you.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #12
Best Least Clad Supporting Actress (and Actor)
Best Torchlit Mob
Best Explanation of my Plan
Warrior
Member # 15187
Profile Homepage #13
No no no no... not Oscars... Nobel Prizes. In reality, not fantasy-land: The Nobel board should arrange a new prize for mad scientists, because, well, I don't think there are enough of them (and we can't include schizophrenics like poor ol' John Forbes Nash . . . I'm talking real mad scientists... mad, I tell you! Mad!!!
Apprentice
Member # 10408
Profile #14
In case you're wondering, I am a regular in a collaborative forum story called The Mad Scientist Wars. It's starting a new storyline, which will end with the traditional giant battle at the Mad Scientist of the Year awards.

Well, if they can get past me (handling the security) and a whole swarm of nanobots, that is.

Anyway, I get to choose the awards, so...

--------------------

Death takes a holiday.

Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #15
Best scream from latest victim
Best vial of unidentifiable, bubbling, smoking, evil-looking, glow-in-the-dark substance
Best tagline when plot is foiled
Best wall panel filled with lights, switches, speakers, and monitors that don't do (censored)
Best heaping pile of misc. lab equipment that looks like it actually does something

[ Tuesday, May 06, 2008 06:31: Message edited by: The Mystic ]

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #16
Well, they already added a Nobel (Memorial) Prize for Economics.

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #17
Maybe they can give that to the most frugal mad scientist or something. :D

Best method for revealing entrance to hidden lair
Best spooky music that seems to come out of nowhere
Best explosion when villagers blow up lab
Most brainless sidekick
Diabolical weapon most likely to cause people to ask, "What the heck is that thing?"

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 15187
Profile Homepage #18
No! No no no! I'm talking real life, here! Real mad science! Let's start in the area of gene alteration... I'm sure there's plenty of crazy stuff those scientists can do! Or plastic surgery -- the plastic surgery field is exploding (so to speak) because of the money... we already have a growing number of people doing crazy, interesting things to their body... probably most people here are familiar with the cat guy. Let's hear about some truly insane plasticsurgifications. The maddest plastic surgeon, if you like, or the maddest gene alteration... why don't we start encouraging our scientists to create crazy new species?

Wow... did I just bend this subject around into Geneforge?

Sometimes, I amaze myself.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #19
Maybe. It can still make for an inreresting discussion, though.

--------------------