The Handy Abominable Photo Thread

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Handy Abominable Photo Thread
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #0
Okay! New photo thread! The theme for this one is "What have you drawn on your hand?"

As for me...

http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo9mw9.jpg

Vampire fingers! :cool:

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #1
I don't...draw on my hands!

IMAGE(http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/take-my-hand-if-you-want-to-live.jpg)
IMAGE(http://www.gardenvines.com/catalog/images/rosa_golden_showers.jpg)

--------------------
Drew - "Coincidence, correlation, or causation, I wonder?"
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #2
Spiderwebs. They look rather awesome, actually.

Lack of a digital camera/scanner prevents you from basking in their glory.

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.
BANNED
Member # 13806
Profile #3
Ma'am, allow me to remind you that you're an adolescent lady posting a picture of yourself on a forum filled with emotionally unstable preteens. Your father must be very proud of you.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #4
I wonder if those emotionally unstable preteens get to see real live girls where they live. It may just be all internet though.

For that matter, I wonder if Nicothodes ever encounters real live emotionally unstable preteens where she lives? Or if she is even aware that she is an adolescent girl? ZOMG! The conundrums we face!

If you are scared or otherwise emotionally unfit to see a kid's hand, don't look at the picture linked in the first post. Enough warning?

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
BANNED
Member # 13806
Profile #5
Isn't the internet valuable for its anonymity? I don't think whether or not children are too sheltered has any bearing. I'm not preaching doomsday here either. I simply think people should hide themselves online so they can be known by their minds and not their labels, and "adolescent girl" doesn't seem like a good label to have, given what it connotes.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #6
The first link doesn't even work, Nico. :(

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - La maison de mon rêve?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #7
Unless Piperbot has problems with updating posts that have been edited, the first post contains only one picture, and it does not run counter to the family-friendly policy of this board. At that, from the description (I cannot see the picture currently) it does not identify the person photographed, as it shows only a hand. (May be wrong).

In summary, I don't see anything objectionable here. Once more, thunder rolls ominously as I agree with Salmon. :P
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #8
Unless Piperbot has problems with updating posts that have been edited, the first post contains only one picture, and it does not run counter to the family-friendly policy of this board. At that, from the description (I cannot see the picture currently) it does not identify the person photographed, as it shows only a hand. (May be wrong).

In summary, I don't see anything objectionable here. Once more, thunder rolls ominously as I agree with Salmon. :P
Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Diprosopus:

Isn't the internet valuable for its anonymity? I don't think whether or not children are too sheltered has any bearing. I'm not preaching doomsday here either. I simply think people should hide themselves online so they can be known by their minds and not their labels, and "adolescent girl" doesn't seem like a good label to have, given what it connotes.
How about "cute"? Are the connotations better there? Probably, it's worse, and leads to stabbing with mechanical pencils, but at least it represents a more common portrayal of Nico.

--------------------
Plaudite, amici, comedia finita est.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #10
Honni soit qui mal y pense may be the apt comment here. (Also, apologies for the post hickup earlier. I got 500'd the first time.)

Edit: I dun ebil ^__________________^

[ Monday, February 04, 2008 11:19: Message edited by: saunders ]
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #11
Originally by Diprosopus:

quote:
...and "adolescent girl" doesn't seem like a good label to have, given what it connotes.
ZOMG!!!!1 Nico's a GIRL?!?!?!!?!?!?!!? :confused: :confused: Eeeeeeek!!!1!! :eek: :eek: GIRL germs! Girl GERMS! GIRL GERMS!!!!1111 :mad: :mad: Keep her away from me! :eek: :eek:

Dikiyoba is getting an error for Nicothodes' picture too. It used to work, but isn't at this moment.

Edit: Typo. And made it more outrageous.

[ Monday, February 04, 2008 07:02: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #12
It's never worked for me. The internet, I have concluded, hates me...

quote:
ZOMG!!!!1 Nico's a GIRL?!?!?!!?!?!?!!? Eeeeeeek!!!1!! GIRL germs! Girl GERMS! GIRL GERMS!!!!1111 Keep her away from me!
Right on, brother.

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - La maison de mon rêve?
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #13
quote:

Isn't the internet valuable for its anonymity?
I guess so. But it certainly isn't a requirement. You seem to have a rather closed personal profile, but that isn't by necessity, correct? Offhand, I can think of 4 prominent members of this board who have their given names in their profile.
quote:

I don't think whether or not children are too sheltered has any bearing.
Then why the comment about her daddy being proud?
quote:

I'm not preaching doomsday here either.
What are you preaching, and why? You encouraged people in another thread to read a book, or write a story. Both are admirable things, but this is a forum about a computer game company. Luckily, the folks that play these games are more likely to either read a book or write a story than any other subset of internet trolls with whom I'm familiar.
quote:

I simply think people should hide themselves online so they can be known by their minds and not their labels, and "adolescent girl" doesn't seem like a good label to have, given what it connotes.
Great to have your own opinion, and thanks for sharing. Sorry for appearing to be overbearing about this, but you seemed a little too concerned about the welfare of Nicothodes, which is odd given that you have no history here. Is it a standard practice of yours to search out online forums for teenage girls and to warn them to protect themselves? If so, you might want to get that checked out. It initially sounded, and still sounds, like an unhealthy obsession.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software, land of aberrations.

Edit - Meh, I won't hold it against you Aran. ;)

[ Monday, February 04, 2008 08:20: Message edited by: Jumpin' Salmon ]

--------------------

BANNED
Member # 13806
Profile #14
I don't consider cuteness to be a particularly good stereotype for the web. That being said, I'm simply a lurker who's played most of SW games (and hated the most recent ones, alas) who found this community a step above most forums but a leap behind what it could be, and I would think that the discussions would grow infinitely more interesting if people were more interested in academia.

Honestly, I don't see what good the internet is if we're simply reliving the same nonsense we live outside of it. Where's the spirit of toying around with people gone?
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #15
quote:

the discussions would grow infinitely more interesting if people were more interested in academia.
Good lord man, we've tried it. It wears you out.

quote:
Where's the spirit of toying around with people gone?
Oh, it's not gone. It's just been banned a few times.

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by Nikki.:

It's never worked for me. The internet, I have concluded, hates me...

quote:
ZOMG!!!!1 Nico's a GIRL?!?!?!!?!?!?!!? Eeeeeeek!!!1!! GIRL germs! Girl GERMS! GIRL GERMS!!!!1111 Keep her away from me!
Right on, sister.

FYT. Although I'm actually not sure which way is funnier, really. Maybe both for completeness?

—Alorael, who can think of worse forum epithets than cute. Is there anything wrong with being cute? In the absence of creepiness surrounding it, which there hasn't been (much), and without any stalkerish harassment or danger of the internet spilling over into the real world, what better to be known for than concealment and eyebrows?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #17
I have been on this forum for 4 years now. For the first 2 years, everyone thought I was a boy, because of my name and because I never bothered to correct anyone. I have never had any trouble on SW(apart from an ex-boyfriend I had in real life trying to use it to contact me) or the Internet in general. I know how to protect myself. Also, my dad thought my idea for this thread was great. He helped me take the picture.

EDIT: And what is wrong with being an adolescent girl? That's discrimination over both my age and my sex.

[ Monday, February 04, 2008 12:35: Message edited by: Nicothodes ]

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #18
quote:
Originally written by Nicothodes:

EDIT: And what is wrong with being an adolescent girl? That's discrimination over both my age and my sex.
Welcome to a lifetime of being underestimated, categorized, and discriminilized.

New word!

Happy Birthday+1.

:)

--------------------

Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #19
There is nothing wrong with being a girl on the interwebs.
My hand
My foot

There's also a god one of me holding a huge apple next to my head, but that will be saved for later.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
BANNED
Member # 13806
Profile #20
There's nothing wrong with being an adolescent girl; there are things that people mistakenly think about adolescent girls, though. One of them is that they are meek; there are others. If you want to bear the standard for your demographic, more power to you. I simply wouldn't subject myself to possibly being labeled, but that's a personal preference.

As for fathers-- fathers in my experience are rarely *truly* protective of their daughters; they usually encourage them to conform to stereotypes, which includes heavy drug use and sexualization. This also includes, unfortunately, making their daughters meek. Most men, deep down, buy into the myth of female masochism. Of course, for all I know, your father may be truly protective. It varies.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #21
Stop trolling an ruining a perfectly good thread.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #22
Nice agenda there, but what is the word starting with 'Q'?

--

Also, I sense that Diprosopus is merely trying to be protective, but has not realized that this comes across as condescending. I wouldn't hold it against him.

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #23
Nalyd hopes that it's trolling, at least. If you bring things like that up in real life, with as much reason for it as was here, you must be quite aggravating.

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.
BANNED
Member # 13806
Profile #24
And you speak in the third person. Do you do that in real life too, hmm? The internet is different from real life. It's a joke.

Pages