Wow!!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Wow!!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #25
quote:
Originally written by SubVet:

My favorite text type adventure game of all time was, alas, Infocom's Hitcher's Guide to the Galaxy - man, a game that would lie to you was a hoot!
One summer I came back to college and at the lab the joke was the grad student that complained about all the computer games on the 80286 clone had spent his summer playing Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and filled up a half a meg of the hard drive with his many saved games. I never got past the beginning, alas.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #26
I got to the Improbability Drive without help, but had to pretty much follow the instructions of the walkthrough to the letter for the rest of it.

Ah, the days spent with the babelfish dispenser... joyous memories.

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by Najosz Thjsza Kjras:

...Alpha Centauri, which really seems to be one of the top 3 games ever made.
Yes. Yes, yes, yes. Now someone needs to make it actually run right in OS X.

—Alorael, who has perhaps lost more productivity to that game than he could to being nerve stapled.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #28
I was bummed out when I started needing helps for the Infocom games. I think the text only were sufficiently verbose that you could figure out the plot. With the target-n-click stuff later on, well it sometimes wasn't so obvious what designer drug the designer had consumed before designing.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Thralni - "a lot of people are ... too weird to be trusted"
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #29
quote:
Originally written by Najosz Thjsza Kjras:

I really do recommend Call to Power.
Eh... I feel like that game had so much promise, but in my mind it was an epic failure. The interface overhaul was clunky, the terraforming system was bothersome, and while space tech was cool it felt like it was around for roughly twenty turns and that was it. Range was (and still is, in my mind) difficult to work with.

I guess I should give it another play sometime... hopefully it still runs in 10.4.

On the other hand, I wholeheartedly agree with the rest of that post. Alpha Centauri rocked, Civ 2 was the golden age, and Civ 3 was meh (discoveries came soooo slowly).

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Shock Trooper
Member # 2123
Profile #30
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

[QUOTE] Civ 3 was meh (discoveries came soooo slowly).
That is why I make my own maps and place a ton of goodie huts near all that starting positions so the game can burn throught the first age really fast. Oh, and I do use the conquests expansion, my brother got me that for Christmas back in 03.

I have only played the demo of AC and that was back when the first i-macs came out. Don't really remember it that well. I'll also look into CTP.

--------------------
This is what happens when you drink Life Water: [SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1]
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #31
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

[quote=Najosz Thjsza Kjras]
[qb]I really do recommend Call to Power.

Eh... I feel like that game had so much promise, but in my mind it was an epic failure. The interface overhaul was clunky, the terraforming system was bothersome, and while space tech was cool it felt like it was around for roughly twenty turns and that was it. Range was (and still is, in my mind) difficult to work with.

and Civ 3 was meh (discoveries came soooo slowly).
That's the part I like least about it, although Conquests helps that somewhat (I think...). Civ III would be the best in any other similar series, which is a testament to what marvellous games II(+MPGE, which Civfanatics actually has for free download!) and SMAC(+X) are that it looks like crap compared to them.

Civ III is worth getting used to. It's got a lot of neat stuff in and of itself, although it's got a lot of lame stuff too (barbarians never get past horsemen, expansion is crimped beyond severely by corruption, and corruption is generally impossible to undo altogether. Hell, I'd take despotism if it meant no more damn corruption!)

Also, the AI is a lot more competitive in CTP at the higher levels without being a nasty, invincible bruiser. That's nice.
[/quote]
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #32
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Those are the clan forums, not the clan chat. You can get into chat by visiting the altar of literacy, clicking the link near the top of the announcements pane, and typing /clan. Someone is generally on right after rollover.

Dikiyoba.

No, I was talking about the /c clan chat. I've seen people in there but they rarely talk... at least to me... maybe that's the problem. I'm not that forthcoming either.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #33
It probably depends on when you play. There are usually a number of us addicts who log back on immediately after rollover to get our fix. If you play in the middle of the day, on the other hand, it might seem a bit of a ghost channel.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm willing to admit that Civ II may be the largest contributing factor to my only C in undergrad. :(

[ Friday, November 23, 2007 07:41: Message edited by: Drew ]

--------------------
In today’s America, there are more World of Warcraft players than farmers.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #34
Typically, I log in to the game, then enter chat, then scream some meaningless obscenity. And then I type "Hi!"
I recommend that procedure to anyone that has to log in to something. Anything. :D

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Thralni - "a lot of people are ... too weird to be trusted"
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #35
Blahblahblah#*&*(@##%!

Hi! :P

--------------------
"What direction, what direction now?"
----
My poetry
Apprentice
Member # 12189
Profile #36
well i am new around here but i love the clean look of the boards personally

--------------------
S. Kosymayer
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #37
Welcome to Spiderweb Software Boards. Please leave your sanity at the door. Older members will fill you in more if they feel like it. have a nice day.

--------------------
I make guacamole at work
=:T:=
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #38
quote:
Civ III is worth getting used to. It's got a lot of neat stuff in and of itself, although it's got a lot of lame stuff too (barbarians never get past horsemen, expansion is crimped beyond severely by corruption, and corruption is generally impossible to undo altogether. Hell, I'd take despotism if it meant no more damn corruption!)
It's be better without the damn failsafe system against German conquest. After conquering over half of the world with the Germans the game uninstalled itself. This same thing recently happened after I made some progress in Riven (painstaking and headache inducing). It's all Gametap's fault.

--------------------
Enraged Slith's Blades of Avernum Website

Look out, there's a three-headed monkey behind you!
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #39
Computerized strategy games are nice, but I still like to play chess. Anyone here play that?

EDIT: After viewing this thread several times, I mistook the title as being an acronym for Warcraft.

[ Wednesday, November 28, 2007 21:26: Message edited by: Excalibur ]

--------------------
Jesus is a pacifist.
Ron Paul for '08!

Pages