May the Sun be with you.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: May the Sun be with you.
Apprentice
Member # 5457
Profile #0
I bear news of a truly wondrous event that undoubtedly a handful of you at most know or care about. On November 22nd, the fan translation of Shin Bokura no Taiyou, third in the series that Hideo Kojima himself, the legend behind such sagas as Metal Gear Solid, holds within his heart as his personal brainchild, will be released to the public for all the enjoy. What a thrilling run-on sentence, you should all be delighted. The point, as it were, is that this is the best damn thing ever. Greater than peanut brittle, more powerful than a locomotive, Boktai will rock your socks right out of your shoes and you should all run clamoring to your closest game stores to buy it right now. Why, I hear your dubious and mistrusting voices ask, have you not heard of it? Because the bitter truth is that the majority of gamers are horrible fat lazy sluglike creatures who don't want to travel out into the world lit by our mother Sun, which as it turns out Boktai requires. Necessitates, even. And so they have dragged poor Boktai down into obscurity. It is to weep.

But enough meaningless hemming and hawing from my gaping maw. Feast your eyes upon this forum when the fateful day comes. Iron your best writhing-in-glee outfit. Tell your friends. Be the first on your block to collect the whole set. Go nuts.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #1
Babelfish is awesome! Just a simple translation to Korean and then back to English.

quote:
Me it is positive and your handful the egg u or the truth which it worries does in the maximum and quantity news of wondering Rob event width it increases. With dispersion of the metal system solid and his personal brain of that oneself inside his heart with grasp after same saga in legendary November 22, pan translation obligation Bokura the HideoKojima in hazard air, releases all cul flags and at the third inside the series will put the Taiyou and gear it rises. When in case all it pleases, the elder brother, the egg which will snap off li with a chill. Was like, the point is that this first of this being severe until now is. All you it will run it the mountain thing now ultimately in the game shop under the screen and the peanut brittle which oyster in case compared to will grow noisily, the locomotive, you the low shoes and the Boktai compared to it will paste your socks from you and it will be more powerful, a l thing which it will shake. It spread out and why, or you does the mistrusting is voice did listen to will ask listen to the thing, it electrolysis? The majority of the gamers puts out the Boktai with it, by our mother Sunday in the world which ignites travelling at the outside, it does not want and is fat and that the sluglike creature which is lazy it demands the truth which is severe because of convenience. Even it does in necessity. And like this them pulled the Boktai which is poor with indistinct in lower part. It feels hu and it is a right thing.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Thralni - "a lot of people are ... too weird to be trusted"
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #2
Wow. Too many highlights to list.

One of my personal favorites:
quote:
Originally by the randomness that is Babelfish:
It feels hu and it is a right thing.
:P

--------------------
"What direction, what direction now?"
----
My poetry
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #3
quote:
it will paste your socks from you and it will be more powerful, a l thing which it will shake.
Feel the power of the shaking socks!

Oh, and advertising games on the forums of a company that makes games is not the best idea.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, but not sanity -Iffy
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
Not in your shed -We are still under developement, but help would be nice. By the way, most of the conversation goes in the Moderator forum, in case your confused.
Iffy= Infernal Flamming Muffin. The y is added to make a word.
lol teh stupd text spek is lik ubar dum lol
Apprentice
Member # 5457
Profile #4
I'm not advertising the game, merely the translation. Seeing as the developers refuse to release it in English and all...
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
Apparently a low postcount combined with a topic nobody has heard about combines in the mind to set off a powerful spam vibe. Amusingly, this has also set off a mental filter that refuses to recognize the original post as the flawless English (but for one typo and one or two idiomatic slips) it was.

I am slightly irked. This is a topic about a game in the General forum of a discussion board about games. It was started by a human who did not register to start this topic. It plugs a non-commercial fan-owned discussion board that from its size clearly does not depend on being advertised here.

In short, it is a more useful contribution to this forum than any number of other topics here. The same cannot be said about the responses. Seriously.

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Apprentice
Member # 5457
Profile #6
Oh, I don't mind. I found the Koreanification quite entertaining. :3
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
Babelfishing posts may become the new form of spamming replies. The CoC may have to be revised to take this into account. Or at least the version the Jewels controls.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

In short, it is a more useful contribution to this forum than any number of other topics here. The same cannot be said about the responses. Out of line. Seriously.
Funny, I thought you were going a different direction with this. I thought you were going to say, "It is a more useful contribution to this forum than it at all deserves to be." Since it was packaged as spam, you know.

But you're right.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #9
Hey it's an on topic post!!!!! :eek:

Uh, hasn't Boktai been out for about five years or so for Game Boy Advance?

--------------------
I make guacamole at work
=:T:=
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

In short, it is a more useful contribution to this forum than any number of other topics here. The same cannot be said about the responses. Out of line. Seriously.
Way to over-react. The deal was that that game isn't translated to English, so here I thought it would be fun and funny to attempt some sort of translation of my own. Sadly you thought otherwise, despite the fact that my post did in no way impugn the original message, or the messenger. Seriously.

quote:
I found the Koreanification quite entertaining. :3
There are a couple of other threads that are wholly devoted to babelfish, but those translations pale in comparison. :D

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Thralni - "a lot of people are ... too weird to be trusted"
Apprentice
Member # 5457
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by The Ratt:

Uh, hasn't Boktai been out for about five years or so for Game Boy Advance?

It has. But the third game has not, due to highly unsatisfying sales outside of Japan. Maybe people just prfer to be sunless and pasty, I don't know.
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #12
It probably doesn't help if where you live you have cloudy days 33% of the time.

--------------------
I make guacamole at work
=:T:=