How did you guys begin?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: How did you guys begin?
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #25
quote:
Originally written by Ballad:

Stuggie...
I saw mention of him a few days ago too. I think via facebook.

--------------------
Vogel - "10% off on all of [our] products for the month of October. ... this discount applies to games, CDs, bundles, and even already discounted products."

Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Thralni - "a lot of people are ... too weird to be trusted"
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #26
I came from my mother's womb.

I then proceeded to the forums and became a moderator.

I am now... 6 or 7 years old.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

quote:
Originally written by Ballad:

Stuggie...
I saw mention of him a few days ago too. I think via facebook.

Yeah, he's a member of the AA group.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1829
Profile #28
As I recall it was around the time of the Avernum 3 release, with the absolutely outrageous Xian Skull topic that was there at the time being a good source of amusement for me. I promptly disappeared approximately a month after initially started posting, and returned to posting here at very rare and very far in between times a long time later.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #29
That's just because you're Chicken.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #30
Lets just say I started sadly. I posted in Ye Olde RW Forum asking what happened to RW. In June.

--------------------
Feel free to rate my karma. Please. I like to have an idea of what people think of me.

The Mystic: "Vista is a funky and finicky OS to begin with."
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #31
Reading over my early posts, some of them actually seem somewhat interesting, and well thought out to me. I wonder if I've taken brain damage since then...

The first post I could find was something like 3 months after I'd joined, and was in a discussion about the implications of some picture of space that Ben had posted. I said he might be trying to replace god in response to someone suggesting he was trying to kill god.

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #32
As I always say in these threads, I had a boring internship in the summer of 2001, so I've found these boards.

The talk of Nephils v. Sliths reminded me that there is an online archive that Aran hasn't assimilated. :)

My oldest archived posts can be seen here: http://web.archive.org/web/20020215211627/www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000046
and here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20020214200842/www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=11&t=000035
And perhaps in a couple other threads, but most of them seem to be purged from archives by now. :(

Apparently I am getting more verbose in my old age. :)

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Warrior
Member # 61
Profile #33
I came from the old webboards, around the time of Avernum 2.

--------------------
I love talking about nothing, its the only thing I know anything about.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #34
Regarding the links of Zeviz: it's weird and creepy seeing a thread so old that all participants have three digit numbers or less. It feels like stumbling into some long-forgotten crypt.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #35
Alorael has 1056 posts! Cute.

I totally agree, Synergy. It's not like a history textbook because the text is the actual stuff that happened (forum life for ya). It's so fresh. You could hardly make a Nephil v. Slith topic today and get such genuine, un-Geneforge-ized comments. The archives wouldn't let me past page eight, but at the end of page eight, they were still talking about Sliths v. Nephils! And we still know some of these people.

I mean, wow. Teh evolution.

--------------------
"Of course, not all technology is good. Some is exactly the opposite (bad)." — Dave Barry
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #36
IMAGE(http://i20.tinypic.com/wcilac.jpg)

Say what?!

EDIT: Woohoo, thread stretch. For those feeling particularly nostalgic, I give you the beginning. Also, just as a little side note. I have never bought, downloaded, played, or even clicked on the link for SubTerra.

[ Friday, October 26, 2007 22:22: Message edited by: Mysterious Man ]
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #37
They say Lt. Sullust; however, I don't remember typing most of those posts...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum

Pages