Vacations/trips

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Vacations/trips
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #25
For once in my life, I'm actually going somewhere this summer. I'm going to Chicago for work in two weeks (but it'll be like a vacation), and then, two weeks after that, I'm going to visit my girlfriend who is doing research in Indiana.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #26
Well, several days ago (SUnday) when I had stepped out of the plane and walked a bit I noticed I felt heavier (since the closer you are to the core of the planet, the more weight there is).

And stepping outside (night time) I thought "ooh. warm...and humid". Much different than Colorado.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

I heard a man sing "The Muffin Man" one day. He got to see the light.
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #27
Yeah me too! When I was at the Dead Sea, I saw everyone around me aging more quickly because I was in a stronger gravitational field than them.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by Adventuring Muffin:

Well, several days ago (SUnday) when I had stepped out of the plane and walked a bit I noticed I felt heavier (since the closer you are to the core of the planet, the more weight there is).

And stepping outside (night time) I thought "ooh. warm...and humid". Much different than Colorado.

You felt heavy because you had just been on a plane several thousand feet above the earth's surface. You did not feel heavy because of the relatively small difference in altitude between Colorado and Georgia.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #29
I'd never thought about feeling lighter in a plane before, but it's an interesting question. If you're flying around 3000 meters, or about two miles, above the Earth's surface, you'll feel about 0.1% lighter. That's less than the difference in weight you feel after eating a heavy meal. Or probably less than the difference after drinking a glass of water.

—Alorael, who can understand feeling lighter while a plane is descending. The actual gravitational change is too tiny for you to reasonably notice it, though. And this didactic moment has been brought to you by nothing in particular.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #30
Long live long holidays!
Leaving the 18th July comeing back 20th August - all around Ireland. The bad news is, no computer in a campervan.

[ Sunday, July 01, 2007 05:37: Message edited by: JadeWolf ]

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #31
I just got back from a 3-day holiday to Sydney. It was pretty awesome, but I'll feel a lot better once the corneal sunburn wears off. :(

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #32
I've been to Ashland, Oregon, Chicago, Illinois, and Washington, D.C. this summer. Our flight home from Wash was delayed for five hours, four of which we spent grounded on the plane, whose air conditioning wasn't operating. So everyone was fanning themselves and getting cold drinks until we were allowed off for an hour and finally able to fly later. The flight was still five more hours, but they got the A/C working by then.

--------------------
"Of course, not all technology is good. Some is exactly the opposite (bad)." — Dave Barry

Pages