Parallels 3.0

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Parallels 3.0
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #0
I have been for long using emulators to run Windows XP inside Mac OS X. There are various solutions, some free, some not. I just noticed that parallels desktop for Mac 3.0, which is payware, has finally been released. This version enables 3D support, meaning you can play all your Windows games that require Direct X or OpenGL right there in Mac OS X without having to reboot into Windows (granted you use BootCamp). I'm quite excioted about this development, and I was wondering what you guys think of it.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Warrior
Member # 8131
Profile Homepage #1
I'm excited but it's currently incompatable with the thing I reboot in to Windows for, Gametap. As soon as the Gametap client is compatable with these new features I'll be set.
Apprentice
Member # 8596
Profile #2
Doesn't run Touhou well, no sale. Maybe in an upcoming update...

--------------------
ni~pah
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #3
I've taken it for a spin, and I'm not very satisfied. Of course, it still is an emulator and I can't possibly alocate all resources for it to use. Still, though, it didn't run the actual "game" part of Starwars Battlefron 2, and FSX it couldn't render the actual 3D environment. Now, I know FSX is a demanding game, but it's still disappointing. it did eventually run Trackmania nations. Still, though, I don't think I will eventually use it as an alternative for rebooting into Windows using BootCamp.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #4
The DirectX support is no better than VMWare's, and they had it first.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.