Do I need a registration code?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Do I need a registration code?
Apprentice
Member # 8560
Profile #0
I was going to buy the games on CD.
But it asks for a code. Do you need one?
I don't have any of the demos downloaded.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #1
The games on CD shouldn't require the input of a registration code...

However, you may need to elaborate more on what precisely the problem(screen shots of the problem are quite helpful)

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #2
You can leave the that section blank.

If you wanted to play the game before the CD arrived, you could download the demo, put the code in, and play the game as soon as you got the confimation e-mail. But if you can wait, it doesn't really matter.

--------------------
You lose.
Apprentice
Member # 8560
Profile #3
Oh, okay. Basically I just intended to buy the games. But I haven't downloaded the demos or anything.

I saw that it said to input the code that comes with the demo version. That's why I was confused.

I had bought the Exile games waaaayyyyy back when. Of course, I don't have any of the codes or anything anymore. And I didn't have the CD version of those. So, now I can't play them anymore.

That's why I want to just buy the CD versions now. Because then I can just install. And if I have to take the games off, I don't have to try and remember where I wrote the codes. :P
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #4
Good plan.

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #5
If you send Jeff an email with your previous payment info, and the current codes after you download the demos, he'll send you new codes without you having to buy the games again. :)

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Apprentice
Member # 8560
Profile #6
If I new where my previous payment info was, I'd probably have the codes too. LOL!

It's cool though. I'm just going to buy all the Avernum and Geneforge games.
I'm glad there's those trilogy discs.
Apprentice
Member # 4636
Profile #7
(remembers way back to sending Jeff emails using Compuserve from what must have been almost ten years ago)

(remembers these emails containing mucho nerdy ideas)

(remembers registering all these original Exile games and subsequently losing the codes and booklets before joining the ah-me)

(wonders if Jeff keeps trivial info like all the weirdos that buy his games and their related codes)

(decides that there is a special place reserved in hell for people who ask such questions)

"Why-yes, Bob... I keep your decade-old Exile: Escape from the Pit reg codes on my frige next to the baby pictures. It just keeps me walkin' on sunshine, ya know."

Hmmm.

--------------------
"We need a small distraction. Do you happen to have an atomic bomb in your pocket?"
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Lord Blade:

If I new where my previous payment info was, I'd probably have the codes too. LOL!

It's cool though. I'm just going to buy all the Avernum and Geneforge games.
I'm glad there's those trilogy discs.

By payment info, I mean your name, address at the time, and what you used to pay for the games. That's he needs.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Astro Zombie:

(wonders if Jeff keeps trivial info like all the weirdos that buy his games and their related codes)
That's a lot of people to keep up with. I mean, we're talking about pretty much every one who buys the games.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #10
The codes are not particular to each person. Each game installation is assigned a random code, and Jeff has algorithms for creating the reg coeds out of those numbers. He doesn't need to keep track of every code. He [i]does[/i] keep track of every customer though.

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Astro Zombie:

Since Jeff never discontinued selling Exile games and had always promised to give new codes if you lose yours, I assume he still has all his customer records. Spiderweb Software is a business and businesses have to keep track of such things.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #12
Anyway, Jeff wouldn't be walking on the sunshine. He'd be trying to trample it down.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00