Thou hast not shown thy compassion well. Be more kind unto others!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Thou hast not shown thy compassion well. Be more kind unto others!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #75
Originally by Excalibur:

quote:
Conversations always digress from the original topic, but this is actually ironic. Hawk gave a suggestion to be more kind to people, yet now this has turned into threads of cursing, sarcasm, and pointlessness. :rolleyes:
Suffice to say, it was deliberately started and deliberately picked up by others.

Originally by Salmon:

quote:
By touching me inappropriately, Dikiyoba has sent me, Sonic-style, to the end of the line with bounceback to Notting Hill Gate. I hop to green, as the orange is scary.
Salmon, you goofball. That is Hedgehog Eight Point One One Seven Five, not Hedgehog Eight. You've gone and ruined all my plans and screwed yourself over in the process.

Dikiyoba uses the Mulligan Plan to return to Barons Court in order to launch a new plan of attack next turn.

Edit: That's two pages in a row!

[ Tuesday, March 27, 2007 17:16: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #76
I may have lost track of who is winning, here.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #77
Most likely because no one is actually winning anything.

--------------------
WWJD?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #78
Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #79
That's because he hasn't brushed up on the rules anytime recently. If he'd checked the rules clarifications from Cramshaw 2002 he'd know why he's where he is now.

—Alorael, who will pull an E5xE6 on Green. That puts him two turns from Limehouse.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #80
I'm gonna head down to Baker Street, an unusual move, I'll admit, but one which was used with great results by Watson in the Legendary 1983 World Conclave in Mozambique, as I'm sure you recall.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #81
I'll advance to Holborn, but I probably can't quite pull off the legendary Ipswich Switch just yet. I'm also paying a homeless man to watch Islington.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #82
I wake up, groggy, and suddenly realize exactly how it feels to be thrown from a moving train at 3:30 in the morning.

Edit - But thanks for the spare change Ephesos.

[ Tuesday, March 27, 2007 20:34: Message edited by: Spent Salmon ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #83
I use the Maliran Late Entry Rule from the 1981 Grinow Supplement to enter at the Shenfield Southend and immediately advance to Liverpool Street, holding on to a 2-sector free move for later emergencies.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #84
[tale of woe]

I actually entered good and early, but my brilliant plan was to ignore ALL secondary amendments, and go for the Basic win. Straight down and up, flat out. Hardly anyone even remembers that it's an option.

Commando watchcap, face blacked, dark clothing: check. Pick and shovel, check. Spare shovel blades: twelve, all sharp. And since there's no restriction on backpack items: sawbacked carpenter's rule, 10 kilo Toblerone bar, blowtorch, and big bundle of laser pointers jammed in a rubber band and piped into a single mode fiber (the good ol' 'Poor Man's Death Star'). So I started digging.

Yeah, the blowtorch had to go on the rats. Duh. But hindsight is 20/20, okay? I claim no originality in cutting through the shotcrete with the laser pack, but I am rather proud of how well the chocolate shavings worked. I'll explain my trick later, if no-one can figure it out.

Well, it was as tough as usual, but with only one tourniquet, and two shovel blades not even touched yet, my pick swung up (from below of course) into the blinding green lights (thanks to the II goggles) of Mornington Crescent station.

And as I drew breath for a victory whoop, I realized I had lost my hat.

I have no idea where. Really none.

So I'm scratched, and if anybody sees me hugging the tunnel walls on the Circle Line, torching rats and shining laser pointers into any hole where my hat might be, don't even wave. I'm too disgusted.

[/tale of woe]

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00

Pages