Exile

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Exile
Apprentice
Member # 8277
Profile #0
So, If I order the "Exile Trilogy CD"
Am I getting the full versions of the three original exile games, or am I only getting the first half until I register.

And how much does registration cost?
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #1
You get the full versions.

Not sure if you get the Character Editors too, but I assume so...

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #2
You get the character editors. I don't remember how much registration for each one costs, but I do remember that it's more than just getting the spiffy cool CD

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #3
Uhg, I think Realmz made you buy the character editor separately, stupid game. With Exile, you get the whole package, full version of the games (it would be silly to make you pay for demos) and the editors, but you do have to pay extra for the hint books. I think they're worth it, I like the maps.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
The Exile games can't be registered separately anymore. You get them all together with their editors for a very nice price.

—Alorael, who wouldn't be so quick to condemn Fantasoft for their editor. Spiderweb sold the editors for the Exile games separately from the games themselves for a long time. That only changed long after the Avernums were made and editors became standard issue.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #5
I remember when you had to buy and exile game and its editor seperately; I never bought the character editors.

--------------------
WWJD?
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Alorael:

Spiderweb sold the editors for the Exile games separately from the games themselves for a long time. That only changed long after the Avernums were made and editors became standard issue.
I bought the trilogy (all at once but each sold seperately) a couple years before the Avernums came out and they came with the editors, so they've come with the game for quite a while.

--------------------
You lose.
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #7
I'm curious: How are the Spiderweb Cd's? What cover do they have? They have images of the games that the CD includes or it's just a plain simple cover??
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
There are pretty pictures on the front and everything. It's all quite professional.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Dark Mage:

I'm curious: How are the Spiderweb Cd's? What cover do they have? They have images of the games that the CD includes or it's just a plain simple cover??
Now I have a new web host and it's much easier to upload stuff, I'll post some pics. Just let me warm up the scanner...

Edit: Hmmm, shiny cds + scanner lamp = trouble. I didn't realise quite how difficult it would be to make the pictures visible. It's getting late, so I'll post what I've done so far, and come back to it in the morning.
IMAGE(http://www.anthonygoreham.net/jpg/neth.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.anthonygoreham.net/jpg/boe.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.anthonygoreham.net/jpg/etrilogy.jpg)

[ Saturday, March 10, 2007 15:40: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Micawber:

Now I have a new web host
Speaking of that, you might want to link your site in your sig again. I, for one, found your Avernum Gazetteers very helpful.

--------------------
"It's sort of like Star Wars. Except Jeff didn't make Erika shoot first in Avernum 3, nor did he introduce annoying computer-animated aliens." —Arancaytar
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Apprentice
Member # 8277
Profile #11
I placed an order, but so far no comfirmation, is that normal?
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #12
No need to worry. Spiderweb needs a business day (that is, a weekday) or two to process your order.

Dikiyoba.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #13
And then from there it should be smooth sailing and crushing of the oppressive empire and stuff.

Just be glad you didn't try to bootleg the games like a guy I know did... Have you ever seen a victim of a Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spider!? It's not a pretty sight...

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Tyran:

Speaking of that, you might want to link your site in your sig again. I, for one, found your Avernum Gazetteers very helpful.
Oh, thanks. Well in that case... Done.

I removed them before because I changed ISPs and it was v difficult to upload, so I stopped updating the site. Now I have a new host+domain, I hope to give the pages an overdue facelift.

[ Sunday, March 11, 2007 03:44: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #15
quote:
Originally written by Ktgsvgnfgn:

??? by Iced Earth
Nice sig

EDIT: Damnit, that's not the right song, now I'm curious, which song was that?

EDIT 2: No, I was right the first time, it was The Hunter.

[ Sunday, March 11, 2007 06:21: Message edited by: radix malorum est cupiditas ]

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Apprentice
Member # 8277
Profile #16
I downloaded the demo, and everytime I try to start the game. I see the title screen and then the game just locks up. The screen turns white and I have to Ctrl Alt Del Out of it. Any tips on how to get it to work?
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #17
I have the white screen problem when I'm running AOL at the same time. You'll need to provide a bit more information on your computer before we can help.
But I suggest that you run Exile in 95/98 compatibility mode. That is usually the first thing to try.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Apprentice
Member # 8277
Profile #18
I don't know exactly what to put, but I'll try...

I'm using a computer with Windows Xp.
I have a Nvidia 6500 (I think) But this game is way to old for my graphics card to matter... I think...
I'm running on 1024 * 768 resolution with 32 bit colors.
And my computer has a gig of ram, over 50 gigs of free space, and 2.08 Ghz processor.

I can't imagine any of that matters to much considering the age of this game.
Anytime I try to run it, the game freezes before I can even access the options menu.

AND I've tried running it in windows 95/98 compatability (neither helped)

thanks
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #19
quote:
Originally written by radix malorum est cupiditas:

quote:
Originally written by Ktgsvgnfgn:

??? by Iced Earth
Nice sig

EDIT: Damnit, that's not the right song, now I'm curious, which song was that?

EDIT 2: No, I was right the first time, it was The Hunter.

It's a combination of 3 songs; "The Hunter," "Iced Earth," and "Cast in Stone"(a remake they did of one of their earlier songs "Written on the Walls")

EDIT: That is strange that the games aren't working. I'll have to check and see if they work on my new(ly working) comp and see what happens.

MORE EDIT: Wow... my buttons on the main menu screen don't show the text... Oh well...

Anyway, Maybe you should try running it in 256 colors. Also, how long are you giving it to load? I noticed that on my Exile and Exile II there was the whole whiteness thing before the main screen stuff came up.

[ Sunday, March 11, 2007 15:02: Message edited by: Ktgsvgnfgn ]

--------------------