Cheater!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Cheater!
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #25
No, ET is the kind of person who will use every resource at his disposal to avoid weakness.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #26
quote:
Originally written by upon mars:

Yes dark mage we see that your cheats is your skribanne herb or is it ?
So ET are you a crazy about cheats?
Or are you one of this reasonable kind of person that use cheats on the last resort.

I used to cheat some years ago, now I don't cheat in games. What about you?
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #27
With the Avernum games I used the editor to heal my party since going back outdoors would be a waste of time. But I never ended combat in combat.
I did this trick in an okay, not realy cheating situation.
And the saving a lot is not cheating. If one of your players dies, I can't pick up their stuff, so I reload. (ow) (ow) (ow)...

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.
Muffins n' Hell. Note that revisions of the first part is down the list.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by The Lurker:

quote:
Originally written by Jewels:

I cheat all the time. Mostly because I'm not a great player but sometimes because I want to explore the game to it's limits.
Is this the reason why Redwall : Prologue has no combat whatsoever?
(Though maybe the next episode will/would have had combat, I wouldn't know).

Actually, it's because all the combat that would have happened in the game was supposed to happen after Cluny and his horde of rats arrived. Life before that is very peaceful of course and the only things killed are the occasional fish for a feast.

Be sure that any sequel will have rats apleanty to kill. Not to mention stoats, foxes, and weasels.

[ Thursday, February 22, 2007 10:28: Message edited by: Jewels ]

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #29
quote:
Originally written by Jewels:

Be sure that any sequel will have rats apleanty to kill. Not to mention stoats, foxes, and weasels.
I knew Rat Aplenty was popular, but I didn't know it was getting ported to BoE. :P

Back in the day, I used to be an avid cheater. Any game that didn't have a plethora of cheat codes was sub-par. Thankfully, I think I've grown out of that.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #30
I generally finish the game before cheating. Then, I will make a kazillion editors and cheat until I pass out on my keyboard, drooling incessantly.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Warrior
Member # 5483
Profile #31
I typically cheat to give myself a lot more gold for something than I'm supposed to, such as the shaper equipment that certain people pay you extra for. I don't feel like lugging around a bunch of loot in every area and going back and selling it all then collecting more.

--------------------
Ignorance Is bliss -Cypher (Matrix)
Don't think you can; know you can -Morpheus (Matrix)

sanity is overrated :)
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #32
I very rarely used the editors in the Avernum games, perhaps once per game. I have used the editor in BoA rather a lot more.

I do save a lot, frequently under different names, and reload a lot. A4 was the first game in which I didn't do that as much, as I assume that it was for many.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #33
Same for A4. This was a breeze - the "town gate insta-resurrection and insta-healing" is like the editor. And bows with infinite arrows?

I've come to playing with a non-mage party on Torment, but it's not particularly tough, still. Perhaps when I have more time I'll see if I can beat it with a singleton. That should eliminate the resurrection advantage from towns, since the game ends with a single death.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #34
By Aran:
quote:
Same for A4. This was a breeze - the "town gate insta-resurrection and insta-healing" is like the editor. And bows with infinite arrows?
I suppose I'm guilty of another form of cheating: Luring the shades to the gate of a town, although I only did that for one, and it wasn't overly necessary as I recall.

--------------------
Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo!
- Steven Wright

Pages