1994 Backwards Is 2006

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: 1994 Backwards Is 2006
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #75
This is exactly why he would be a valuable asset to McCain. He gets the sympathy vote, and even break the liberal stronghold that is the Northeast. Democrats would not stand a chance.

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #76
The point is that I don't want that to happen and I don't think you do either.
Sympathy votes are all around bad.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #77
I really do want to see John McCain as the president. I respect him more than anyone else in politics today. He has experience, and hey... he was on Saturday Night Live and his parody of John Ashcroft was probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen. As for Giuliani, he'd probably end up losing to Hilary in 2016 when McCain is finished with his run. Hmm, how old would McCain be by then?

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #78
Giuliani still has how he ended his marriage hanging over him. It ruined his chances for the Senate and people are becoming less forgiving about marital infidelity after Bill Clinton.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #79
quote:
Originally written by Andraste:

Giuliani just seems more like a gimmick.
Look, vote for me because I'm famous. I'm not saying that others don't do it, but that whole thing makes me sick.

This post flabbergasts me.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #80
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

quote:
Originally written by Andraste:

Giuliani just seems more like a gimmick.
Look, vote for me because I'm famous. I'm not saying that others don't do it, but that whole thing makes me sick.

This post flabbergasts me.

Ask any New Yorker how they feel about Giuliani, and they'll tell you he was a worthless, authoritarian assclown. Devoted the gravity of his office to trying to censor a public art institution Marian portrait he didn't like and busting people for squeegying windows. And in his finest hour, he quashed reports on the danger of the air around the WTC - to the detriment of the local residents and emergency response, but to the benefit of local real estate and Wall Street - and attempted to unconstitutionally extend his term well into 2002.

Of course, I don't doubt his star is rising among the Republicans, because Peoria understands the spirit of 9/11 so much better than New York and the Republicans don't generally pay so much attention to New York.

But Giuliani's concessions to the left have been too few, and his flaws too glaring, for him to catch on with Democrats as the Republicans clearly wish he will. And as he is thrown out more and more, as he is being thrown out now, how unpalatable he is will become increasingly obvious and his star will fall again.

The GOP leadership is pretty awful, but they're not stupid, and they'll crush him when the time comes.

He's maybe to the left of the Republican party as a whole, but I don't see him escaping the taint of the Bush years. The next Republican candidate for President will be a relative unknown, and one substantially more liberal than the usual run of them. If the Republicans wind up in the woods for four years, who knows? The 2012 candidate could be to the left of Clinton. (Either one.)

But at least for now, those bastards will be the ones 'triangulating' for a change. I should feel sorry for them, but I don't. Ha ha!

[ Thursday, November 16, 2006 21:39: Message edited by: The Worst Man Ever ]

Pages