Neat Find

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Neat Find
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #0
I totally bought this ...

It looks just like a slith spear! It even has a reptilian claw at bottom, and a little dragon emblem near the top. It’s also very durable, especially considering the price: $40! A fine addition to my weapons collection. Finally, I have a souvenir for all those times I traveled to that little island and beat the coins out of that blasted lizard king. I highly recommend this weapon, if your into this kind of thing.

Edit: Should I have put this on the Avernum boards?

[ Sunday, October 08, 2006 10:00: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #1
...why? I mean, it looks nice but why would you pay $40 for it? :confused:

And this probably should be on the Avernum boards. Not sure which one, though.

EDIT: I'm so confused about this that I even got the price wrong.

[ Sunday, October 08, 2006 10:07: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #2
Well, I'm a member so I only paid $30... but still. Sure, not everyone will be interested, those that are don't need to ask 'why.' Those know a thing or two will also realize that $40 is an unbelievable price, as $140 is more what you would expect for such a high quality spear. I just thought someone here might be interested because it’s Avernum related.

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #3
Ah. So your hobby is collecting weapons. And no, I don't know a thing or two about it.

Also, I didn't say I wasn't interested. Just wondering why you paid $30 for it.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #4
If you can find a 6-foot all metal spear somewhere for under $100 I'll be amazed. That's why I bought it: it was cheap, and I was nostalgic about Avernum. If I ever see a weapon or something that reminds me of a game I've played nonstop for days at a time, I'll buy it. I've got weapons from Diablo, Dynasty Warriors, Warcraft, and now finally Avernum!

I also collect costumes. I hope you'll let me know if you ever find one of those robes that shapers from Geneforge 1+2 wear. I must have one of those.

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #5
I love weapons. Mwart has some great stuff, but no Slith spears. $40 is a good price.

We need some action shots. :P

[ Sunday, October 08, 2006 11:23: Message edited by: Andraste ]

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
Originally by Emperor Tullegolar:

quote:
Edit: Should I have put this on the Avernum boards?
Well, this is supposed to be "A general discussion forum for our company and games.", so you're fine.

And that is a nice looking slith spear(provided you don't show it off to someone who knows what it is supposed to be).

Now find a vahnatai waveblade and/or cloak, and Dikiyoba will be very impressed. :P
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #7
When it comes to Vahnatai things, it depends on how picky you are. I'm fairly picky myself, but you might be able to find things if you have a good imagination.

Vahnatai cloaks are really just ponchos, so, unless you want it to actually be made of fungus, any old poncho will do.
Edit: The $400 cashmere poncho I linked is a terrible example, but you get the idea.

As for waveblades, while I would prefer one without the cross-guard, it is easy to find wavey swords with cross-guards.

Action shots you say? Give me a week or two, I'm taking midterms at the moment but I'm on vacation next week.

[ Sunday, October 08, 2006 14:25: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #8

quote:
Vahnatai cloaks are really just ponchos, so, unless you want it to actually be made of fungus, any old poncho will do.
Edit: The $400 cashmere poncho I linked is a terrible example, but you get the idea.
It certainly is a terrible example. I don't require it to be made out of fungus, but it should at least be lightweight, brightly colored, and glow slightly.

After all, you wouldn't want Dikiyoba claiming that a bathrobe is a good Shaper robe, now would you?
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #9
Was it really necessary to say it was a bad example after I had pointed that out myself?

Whatever... hmm, bathrobes. I never even thought of that...

Litalia?

--------------------
You lose.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #10
I like weapons like that and have a few swords on racks in my room. I just can't see how people manage to keep up the money to actually get enough to call it a collection.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #11
I can't believe there is a site called hoodedbathrobes.com. Wow.

I need to get me one of thoes.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #12
I think you could get a decent shaper robe from either a Buddhist monastery or any of a number of Catholic ranks and groups. Cardinal's robes with hood, perhaps?

—Alorael, who would be more excited if someone found a shop from which one could purchase fyoras. That would be neat. Or a vlish!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #13

quote:
Was it really necessary to say it was a bad example after I had pointed that out myself?
Hmm... I could've sworn I threw in a :P to indicate that I wasn't being serious. My apologies.

Anyway, here's a better Shaper robe. Far too expensive, though.

Dikiyoba.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #14
Interestingly enough, the bathrobe is even more overpriced than the wizard robe... must be that thirsty Turkish cotton.

Alorael, why do you think buddhist robes would be good? I always think of this when I think of buddhists monks. What were you thinking of? As for cardinal robes, I actually already have some of those... I really need to upload more pictures of me. Yeah, they don't have a hood, and the little drapey thing on the shoulders makes it look wrong as well.

Edit: Had to add in the word 'thirsty.' Had to.

[ Sunday, October 08, 2006 21:34: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #15
That's why I want one of those bathrobes. You must be able to soak up an entire bath with it, and still have it fasionable enough for a trip to the donut shop.

--------------------