Were there to be a new spiderweb series...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Were there to be a new spiderweb series...
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #25
Dear Lord. That joke makes me cringe. :P

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #26
His particular disease is in fact Man, and Man is unlikely to disappear in the near future unless the near future includes a brief period of tension followed by an even briefer period of widespread unpleasantness.

—Alorael, who would like to see a new Spiderweb game that is good. He'll leave the details up to the guy who's paid to make them good. (Or, apparently, to make them appeal to septuagenarian eskimos. But they're usually not bad anyway.)
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7195
Profile #27
If anything, although i like the game VERY much, i think the geneforge series should end with g4. Either that or somehow converting to another plot.
Anyway the rebel/shaper war should end!
From there on, i'd like to see a game that functions like geneforge (creations, etc.)!!!

--------------------
I don't care what you say, I'm punk and Hardcore all the way!
BANNED
Member # 7360
Profile #28
quote:
Originally written by Das Dunkle Ein:

I remember Jeff saying that there will be no more Exile games.
yeah, this is true.
The thing is though, Exile was such a great game. It always had that special feeling to it, I mean, the Avernum series is great too, but it just doesnt have that special feeling Exile does.
I think Jeff could really get somewhere if we was to re-consider about his statement.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #29
quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

Evidently if you should lose your sanity, your particular derangement would be lycanthropy.
I don't get it...

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by Drow:

quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

Evidently if you should lose your sanity, your particular derangement would be lycanthropy.
I don't get it...

"Were".

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 6268
Profile #31
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

For the sake of my extremely tenuous sanity, could someone please fix the title of this topic? The first word should be 'were' and not 'where.'
>.<

I was rushed, and so I erred.

But anyway, I would like to see a new engine come around. It's just a suggestion, but maybe if Jeff played around with OpenGL?

--------------------
Un ronron ronchonne, un ronfleur ronfle.
Un rongeur ronge, un roi règne, une orange roule.
Ça c'est la réalité.
Mais si le ronchon ronge, le ronfleur ronchonne,
Le roi roule, le rongeur règne
Et l'orange ronfle,
Ça c'est une autre histoire.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #32
Werewolf is from wer, which is Old English for man, and wolf, which is wolf. Lycanthropy is from lykos, wolf, and anthropos, man. The problem here is that it should have been were, not where. One might call it missed anthropy.

—Alorael, who has very rarely missed anthropy. He's actually relatively happy without it.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #33
Here's something we'll never see because Jeff doesn't want to pay licensing fees:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail - The RPG

You get to be King Arthur or one of the Round Table Knights as you search England for the Holy Grail. There are all sorts of quests and encounters with all the movie's characters. Too bad TM is banned or he would have a long reply about Castle Anthrax and the grave peril therein,

Jeff could even use all those sprites from Geneforge for shapers and guardians.

Quite few years ago Kenzer and Company had the license and did a card game where you played the knights.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #34
Delicious Vlish mentioned on an Avernum forum that he would like to play a monk similar to those in the Mad Monastary of Exile/Avernum 3.

It would be nice to see an Eastern mythos game with martial arts abilities that could be upgraded during the game. Either as a straight single genre game or East vs. West like in Nethergate. All those years of watching bad kung-fu movies would be useful and we could spend time trying to figure out where characters were taken from.

[I not really double posting since this is a different idea and after this many days re-editing would leave the thread buried]

Pages