Old windows graphics: for Exile II

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Old windows graphics: for Exile II
Apprentice
Member # 7066
Profile #0
I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to point me in the direction of and old share-wear copy of Exile II. I downloaded the copy available on the web site, and found the updated graphics to busy. I’m really enjoyed the old graphics.
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #1
Didn't Alec make some sort of adaptation type thing? I'm not really sure. Is this what you're looking for:
IMAGE(http://alec.desperance.net/Exile2-1.png)

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #2
Those won't work for Exile 2. They're specifically for Blades.

Let me see if I can't find my graphics set from it somewhere.
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #3
Those are the original graphics from Exile 1 and 2 so I don't know what you're talking about them being for Blades.

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
No, those are modified for Blades. The original E2 graphics don't have any attack poses.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #5
I didn't notice that. When did they get modified for Blades?

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
Alec did the modifications himself, a couple of years ago.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 6975
Profile Homepage #7
shouldent this b in the exile forum :confused: :confused:
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #8
rantalot -- You are not a moderator here. If you feel a topic has been misplaced, please contact one of them privately. Otherwise, do not spam the topics.

For the record, this is the general board, so I'm willing to let most things go. If it were a direct question on a game or about scenario design, then it would be more appropriate for that forum. Otherwise, this one is non-specific enough to be fine. Besides, I don't think it would be extensively useful in the Exile Trilogy forum.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
Actually, the guy who started this topic also started another identical one in the Exile Trilogy forum at the same time. The Exile Trilogy one was closed because this one got more replies.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 7066
Profile #10
Sorry for the confusion, after I posted I the Exile trilogy forum, I figured that the general forum (denoted by: “A general discussion forum for our company and games.”) would have more traffic, and hence a higher likely-hood that someone with the old graphics would stumble into my thread

Can I simply replace the new graphics bmp.s with the old, assuming I find them?
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Sol:

Sorry for the confusion, after I posted I the Exile trilogy forum, I figured that the general forum (denoted by: “A general discussion forum for our company and games.”) would have more traffic, and hence a higher likely-hood that someone with the old graphics would stumble into my thread

Can I simply replace the new graphics bmp.s with the old, assuming I find them?

Yes. You can. With work, you could even modify those above ones for blades for E2 use. (if I'm correct all you have to do is remove the combat pics and copy-paste the others into the right places).

However, E2 doesn't work on my comps, so I wouldn't know for 100% sure. But this is what I would imagine it to be like. Either way, when you get the old E2 pics, you can just overwrite the others.

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Apprentice
Member # 7066
Profile #12
Many thanks, that is good to hear.

This leaves me with one last question: where might I find the original artwork?
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #13
I'm not sure if this would work or not, but you might try emailing Jeff. He probably still has them, and would most likely be willing to send them to someone with a registered copy of the game.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Apprentice
Member # 7079
Profile Homepage #14
Don't disturb Jeff Vogel, he is very busy creating Geneforge 4. I have them but I don't know how to post some pictures in these forums while using Microsoft Windows XP when the pictures are not on the internet. If someone would tell me I will post them here but please bear in mind that I am in Brisbane, Australia where it is ten hours after Greenwich Mean Time so I will be sleeping with my clock saying it is midnight at 2pm in England and I am a child so I should not be blamed for sleeping or being at school while you are waiting for some pictures. :o

EDIT: I reathe FAQ and I kniow that you can't attach files.

[ Friday, April 28, 2006 01:19: Message edited by: Aussieavernum ]
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #15
I find it amusing that you have the old graphics, considering that you weren't born when Exile I was released.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 125
Profile #16
You can upload images for free at photobucket, and then link to them here.

--------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #17
http://www.photobucket.com - Follow the prompts. Once uploaded, copy the IMG link and paste it in the text box here.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Apprentice
Member # 7079
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
I find it amusing that you have the old graphics, considering that you weren't born when Exile I was released.
I found them on an old games CD in 2003.

EDIT:Here are the links to the pictures:

Buttons.jpg
Appic.jpg
Anim.jpg
Textscrn.jpg
I am too tired to write any more. it is 9:47PM in Australia so i am going to sleep.

[ Friday, April 28, 2006 02:48: Message edited by: Aussieavernum ]
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #19
I think these are the original files. I got them off Alec's site some months back. They should be ready to plug into the game, but I've never tried it.

Edit: one sec.

Exile2Graphics.zip (bmp's)

[ Friday, April 28, 2006 04:37: Message edited by: Gizmo ]

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Apprentice
Member # 7079
Profile Homepage #20
Gizmo, although your graphics look like them, they have been altered a tiny bit and they are for Exile 1 not 2. Here are the rest of the links:

Textbar.jpg

Terscrn.jpg

Terrain.jpg

Statscrn

Startmsc.jpg

Start.jpg

Stanim.jpg

Pcs.jpg

Monst6.jpg

Monst5.jpg

Monst4.jpg

Monst3.jpg