Descriptions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Descriptions
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #50
Expect an explanation within 48 hours. In the meantime, keep those descriptions coming.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #51
He's about my height (5'11"ish), but with short blonde hair. He has watery blue eyes, which I loathe. He tends to be arrogant, and two-faced, although sometimes he reverts to just being a complete and utter idiot. He tries to impress people, and often succeeds, much to my dismay. He works at the same place I do. It would be fair to say I don't like him, mostly for hurting the person I described previously.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #52
Ummm... okay.

When not actively involved in reading the topics on the Spiderweb Software Message Boards, Thuryl enjoys making the other members participate in some strange psychology experiment, then dangling the bait of an explanation in from of them.

--------------------
How's that?
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #53
Here you are, Thurly pet who no longer has to be nice.

The mad philosopher defeats the obstacle that English is not his first language through poetry and strength of will. He is a private man, and when he tells a story it feels like a gift. Maybe he hides the truth sometimes: who can tell? And how can one explain how such a tasteful man works for a girly magazine? Complexity and contradiction.

His friend has much better English, and uses it straightforwardly as befits an engineer. He says it is not regarded as normal in his country for men to be sober and devoted to their wives, and he finds that hard as he is both. He hates guile and gossip and manipulation. They are foreign to him.

--------------------
I am a mater of time and how .

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #54
Another acquaintance:

Tommy is near his forties, tall, slender (a well trained body indeed) and wears his curly, blond hair in a fashionable cut. He looks extremely good. I bet he was a model in his years as a student, but now he is a dentist. An excellent one. He works nimble and precise, with high manual skills and sensibilities; when he plants a syringe you don't perceive it.
Some women say he has a penetrating gaze but he only has natural steel-blue eyes. He is rather a shy guy and cultivates a very correct courtesy.
In his free time he tries to make art; he attends sculpture schools in Italy, and I have yet seen worse artifacts than his. He was divorced. But who was not nowadays? ^_^ Seeing all his qualities you could say that he is simply perfect. However ...

... nobody is flawless. Tommy's dark side has the sharp, cold smell of cocain. Since he didn't completely overcome his former addiction he tries to trick himself. He won't take much money with whenever he goes for a drink, he tries to prevent drug purchase by financial limits. Normally it works, but once in a while he finds himself in a dealer's appartment, bereft of credit cards and keys and driver's licence; having given them in pawn for snow. Then he calls his friends to loan money. He feels terribly ashamed and makes up something about lost purse and lost keys (no car access!), takes an oath to pay it back tomorrow, and eventually they lend that money. Because ... he's not a bum with unstable economical background.

Yesterday morning I got the third of these calls. He's in my debt at 600 by now. And do you know what he said? "Of course you'll never pay again for my dental attention."
Now, this is an option :D

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3980
Profile Homepage #55
Here are two opposite extremes:

She is young, tall with long mahogany colored hair and always on the move. Her attention and her presence makes you overlook the harmonious symmetry of her face and figure. She seems to dance through her life swimming like a fish in the water of her treasured network of acquaintances, on which she keeps working conscientiously. She is committed to her friends but impossible to possess and would rather start analysing than accept any jealous demand of exclusivity.
Her voice can fill a hall without microphone but it also blends well with the choirs in which she sings. When she is alone, she practices intricate vocals and rhythms of her favorite pop songs. When she is with her friends, she provokes without grabbing the attention in that presumptuous hysterical way found in some of her insecure friends. Indifference is impossible. She is so beautiful.

He is tall middle-aged and seems unaware of his appearance - even hides his face behind shell-rimmed glasses and an unkept brown curly beard. He seems never far from his bicycle and his pedaling has something of Sisyphus' repetitive motion to roll his stone up the hill. Curved forward over the short frame sitting on a low saddle he would refuse to adjust, he reminds me of a weird pianist listening to some sound inside himself. He is always on the verge of retreat - a born victim - even within his family.
He is quite intelligent and knows exactly what he is lacking in male dominance but he would rather die than take the initiative or stand up to a confrontation. Time seems to stand still for him. I have not talked to him in decades because I do not want to be intrusive after I satisfying myself that he does not recognize me. He often comes to my mind because I see his traits in other people in my surround, as if I were a casting mould or some attracting opposite charge.
I would so much like to instill some positive will to live in him or in his analogues but who am I to decide what is good for them - there is no blessing in carrying a hound to the hunt. I am somewhat relieved that he himself appears to get somehat more active since his dominant father died and he is taking care of his old mother.

[ Tuesday, April 25, 2006 20:57: Message edited by: Yet another procrastinator ]

--------------------
The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
Because of indifference, one dies before one actually dies. (not mine)
Shock Trooper
Member # 3980
Profile Homepage #56

[ Monday, April 24, 2006 17:35: Message edited by: Yet another procrastinator ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #57
Darn it, 48 hours are up.

Jethro is a good footballer. He is one of three captains in his football team (myself and Warrick - who IIRC I desribed - are the other two). He would weigh about 70kg, and be about 180cm. He likes bodyboarding, and is about to turn 15.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #58
Thurly fibbled. Well, he is no longer forced to be nice.

--------------------
I am a mater of time and how .

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #59
Eric cartman is short, about 5 ft 2, quite wide (his excuse is being big boned), always wears blue beanie with red fluffly bit on top

Jackie Chan about 5 ft 10, short black hair, of Chinese origin and reckons he is "cute like snoopy"

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #60
All in good time. It shouldn't be much longer.

Hell, now it's going to be an anticlimax. :/

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #61
And the mind games continue.

It's easy when you no longer have to restrain yourself as a mod.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5969
Profile #62
Maybe the point was not the descriptions at all, but the speculations about what the point was… :D

--------------------
A C, an E-flat, and a G walk into the Tower of the Magi.
Ambrin walks up to them and says, "Hey! It's the Triad!"
Kelner snorts and says, "Pretty minor Triad if you ask me."
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #63
Hurry up with the point here Thuryl, I may have posted for no reason but I want to see yours.

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3980
Profile Homepage #64
It was an entrance exam for a new invitational RP.
I hope I may advance to the next exercise.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #65
He might make up that RP with all the described characters.
:P Maybe he wants to give us more time to add a few.

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #66
Thuryl: don't make me make a bad pun about you and anticlimaxes. :P

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #67
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

All in good time. It shouldn't be much longer.

Hell, now it's going to be an anticlimax. :/

For some reason I am beginning to think about RiB. :)

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #68
Those who said it was a psychological experiment were close. Those who said it was for an RP weren't too far off either.

More info soon.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #69
Thuryl's working on updating his bots so they will be harder to detect. All that time as a mod has helped him see how to get them better.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3980
Profile Homepage #70
quote:

More info soon.
Come on, Dear, caugh it up. No poetry necessary.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 5969
Profile #71
quote:

Those who said it was a psychological experiment were close. Those who said it was for an RP weren't too far off either.

More info soon.

*pokes Thuryl* Now the suspense is really killing me. :D

--------------------
A C, an E-flat, and a G walk into the Tower of the Magi.
Ambrin walks up to them and says, "Hey! It's the Triad!"
Kelner snorts and says, "Pretty minor Triad if you ask me."
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #72
Meh, Thuryl will tell eventually, or not :P
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #73
Honestly, it's getting to be more fun to string you along.

--------------------
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #74
Does anyone else stare at every one of Thuryl's posts, looking for the expected pun?

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Pages